ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Wong's in NFL Preseason

There are a lot of opportunities for Wong Teasers tonight. I wondered if anyone knows if they are still just as solid in preseason as they are during the regular season. Any numbers and/or stats would be appreciated.

My initial thought would be that they could be hit or miss depending on if the team(s) are playing their starters.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

The strength of "Wong" teasers is that the current line is sharp. First, NFLX isn't handicapped like games during the season. Second, in NFLX you'd have to have a grasp on multiple sets of starters on both sides to come up with some kind of line for the game. The variance for all those moving pieces is high....which is the main criticism people use against those of us who bet preseason.

In other words, don't bother with preseason teasers. You're better off betting each game in a single bet.

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree single bets

travismcilrath

or parleys in regular season

travismcilrath

never great luck with teasers for me anyway

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

I have done okay with teasers in regular season but preseason is a different animal. Last night you had the Giants starters facing the Patriots backups. I was good to see that they didn't get torched, which tells me the defense has improved, but we will see if that is true in a couple of weeks.

Preseason betting is a lot more about understanding coaching tendencies in my opinion. Some coaches are hellbent on winning while others just want to see the performance of the backups

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Thanks guys. Pretty much what I was thinking, but thought I'd see what everyone else's opinion was. I know ive heard J7 talk about 13 point teasers in preseason but wondered how wongs would do.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

yes and it's even greater b/c the totals are so low. Good luck finding a book that still takes action on these.