darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Really could be MUCH worse shari..

Maybe dump eli if you can and just start ben.. hate fukkin eli.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave darkhat 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Don't trade starters, your starting lineup is great, As for your bench, see if you can upgrade Roethlisberger (DeCastro injury hurts Ben's numbers) and Green-Ellis (severely overrated). Also get rid of Gresham, no need for three tight ends (and Cook is the better of your two backups).
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave LT Profits 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Really could be MUCH worse shari..

Maybe dump eli if you can and just start ben.. hate fukkin eli.
    Are you insane. Eli has been a fantasy stud for a couple of years, Ben is just the opposite, he is actually a better QB than his numbers.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Jordy nelson is a player you play only when he is at home.............Look at his home versus road stats................... Unreal difference......... Not a bad team wish you the best of luck
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave Footballtime 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DMAVS
    DMAVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Cam newton.. I did a draft last night and he was 4 overall
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave DMAVS 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Yeah she's a big Panthers fan man and not a huge football fan. I told her Smith is hobbling but she wanted Cam anyway and she got him 5th

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Looks good. Only recommendation is to get rid of Gresham or Cook for a RB. Not sure who'd be available, maybe David Wilson, Ryan Williams or Mark Ingram.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave convick 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Trade Julio Jones.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Looks good. Only recommendation is to get rid of Gresham or Cook for a RB. Not sure who'd be available, maybe David Wilson, Ryan Williams or Mark Ingram.
    I'd be shocked if any 3 of these are available, but nice adds if they are.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

I am in this league and keeping an eye on this thread. Any suggestions that come from it I will acquire before Shari if they are of use to me.

Love you Shari but it's a poster eat mod world. Smooches.

Thanks boys.

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Definitely don't carry 3 TE's that are all middle of the road guys. Witten may not play the opening game he is recovering from a lacerated spleen. Jared Cook has the most upside and Witten will likely be your starter barring injury. I would drop Gresham and try to add Rb depth as suggested. If nothing looked good in the RB pool I would consider adding a guy like Randall Cobb or Jonathan Baldwin who may do well on their own, but certainly would take off should Nelson or Bowe get injured. Not excirted about Heyward Bey as WR depth.

Team is solid though. No worries. Good luck!
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave HotStreak 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

your team is just fine, it would of been a big mistake to take brady over foster. Managing your team during the season during the bye weeks and getting free agents will be the key.
    In most league u would of never gotten foster and then julio on the way back
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave ttwarrior1 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Trade Julio Jones.
    Um,,,No. I now have Jones SECOND on my board behind only Calvin

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Good team Shari. Should contend. Good that you got B.Tate to handcuff A.Foster.

Make sure you keep alert on J.Witten and M.Lynch for week 1. They both are in danger of sitting the week out.

No need to carry 3 TE's. J.Witten, when healthy is your stud. Pick between J.Gresham and J.Cook to start week 1, and for J.Witten's BYE fill in. The other drop and find the best possible RB/WR on Waivers/FA List. Once you get past week 5 (J.Witten's BYE) drop the other TE, and again, get the best possible RB/WR off Waivers/FA List. All depending on J.Witten's health.

Good luck.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave onlooker 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Good team Shari. Should contend. Good that you got B.Tate to handcuff A.Foster.

Make sure you keep alert on J.Witten and M.Lynch for week 1. They both are in danger of sitting the week out.

No need to carry 3 TE's. J.Witten, when healthy is your stud. Pick between J.Gresham and J.Cook to start week 1, and for J.Witten's BYE fill in. The other drop and find the best possible RB/WR on Waivers/FA List. Once you get past week 5 (J.Witten's BYE) drop the other TE, and again, get the best possible RB/WR off Waivers/FA List. All depending on J.Witten's health.

Good luck.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Shari, that is a great team. Solid not Great QB. WR core is awesome. Julio Jones is my 2nd overall WR going into the year. RB's are solid solid. TE is fine, as cook will be solid until Witten is healthy.

This is a playoff team in my opinion.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave ChalkyDog 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Don't trade starters, your starting lineup is great, As for your bench, see if you can upgrade Roethlisberger (DeCastro injury hurts Ben's numbers) and Green-Ellis (severely overrated). Also get rid of Gresham, no need for three tight ends (and Cook is the better of your two backups).
    I don't understand how you can form any negative on Green-Ellis at this point. The only angle is he plays in a very tough division - but there isn't anyone taking his touches.

He wasn't overworked in NE or anywhere else - he has a ton of tred left.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you have a great team the only position I don't care for is you're qb. Oh you're bench blows
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave tatommack 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

shari i think it may be tough to win week 1. it will fall on your rbs where you clearly have the advantage. bowe is a receiver that will probably be guarded by asante and grimes 2 of the top 10 cbs in the nfl. Bowe is great but Cassel blows. Hopefully he scores. Jordy Nelson will be solid but not great. Julio Jones will have a huge year imo.

Jared Cook is a good sleeper. I have him too. Very athletic. I have witten too in my league. Not sure if he's playing, but I may start Cook against NE D which usually struggles against TEs.

Whoever said Eli is better than Newton (in terms of fantasy)

ship me some of what your smokin.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave Goat Milk 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

Shari, you're fine.
    Just look out for injuries and some hot free agents down the road.
    No need for panic
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave darrell74 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Must of been a 8 team league and why have 3 TEs...they should not be drafted until after the 8th round.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Must of been a 8 team league and why have 3 TEs...they should not be drafted until after the 8th round.
    It's 10 teams. I started to grab TE's because I remembered last yr when I told ttwarrior I was surprised I was able to grab Brady in the 1st round when I was picking like 7th he said that people usually try to load up in another position. I thought he said TE's but after reading all of the comments in here it was obv something else. Like I said, this is only my 2nd time ever doing this but I'm super competitive so it looks like I'm going to have to do a bit of wheeling and dealing to fix my bench. I don't mind losing but I at least want to go down with a fight

ChalkyDog

Your bench can be made off waivers, and most often should and will be. Just be quick to pull the trigger on a guy who had a solid week.

Championships aren't won or lost on draft day - it's won on the waiver wire.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

In week 8 BJGE and Aryan will be on bye
    don't panic now
    something might happen from now until week #7
    Don't pull the trigger on a trade, they're both good running backs

Giants are a good defense, 6 out of the first 8 weeks, they play shitty offenses

People are high on Julio
    Jordy will get a lot of looks from Aaron Rodgers

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think your starting roster is good, some of the other ones that have been in the fantasy forum I have seen are not good at all. I would also take Eli over Cam any day. Eli not doing the whole forcing things which has always got him in trouble with picks. I think you will do just fine Shari. Best of luck

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I don't understand how you can form any negative on Green-Ellis at this point. The only angle is he plays in a very tough division - but there isn't anyone taking his touches.

He wasn't overworked in NE or anywhere else - he has a ton of tred left.
    The point is he simply isn't very good and never was. He was a nice fit in Pats' system but he is not an every-down go-to guy. I mean even scoring all those TDs he averaged only something like 3.7 YPC.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Ok, I got David Williams and got rid of Gresham. Strangely enough Steve's fiancee picked up Ingram the day after you posted this. I wonder how that happened STEVE?????

Do I take a chance that Lynch plays? I have to get my team entirely sorted for the weekend before the Giants game right?

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Do I take a chance that Lynch plays? I have to get my team entirely sorted for the weekend before the Giants game right?
    You can swap out a player at anytime before their game starts. The only players that will be locked in tonight are Dal/NYG.

I would sit Lynch this week, even if he does play, his carries will be limited. Robert Turbin is worth picking up as a plug in for Lynch since Pete Carroll is going to throw him in the mix for the majority of the carries.

Overall, good draft. You RB's are really strong. Julio Jones will be a beast.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Ok, I got David Williams and got rid of Gresham. Strangely enough Steve's fiancee picked up Ingram the day after you posted this. I wonder how that happened STEVE?????

If you dont start Lynch the only other good option this week would be Green-Ellis. He's playing against Baltimore, not sure I like that match up. Just keep an eye on Lynch's status. I really think he should be ready to go and with the rookie QB starting for Seattle Im sure the Seattle backs will get a good number of touches. Even if Lnych plays and gets limited touches I would prefer him over Green-Ellis this week.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

yeah you aren't locked in, until all the games are done, or a player that you have on your roster is done anyways.

Shari I'll trade you TE Fred Davis and WR Lance Moore for Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis and Darius Heywood Bey

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Shari... a steal for wide receiver is going to be Titus Young WR DET

This will be a breakout year for him. Excellent slot receiver. Pick him up for a $1.00

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

This will be a breakout year for him. Excellent slot receiver. Pick him up for a $1.00
    agreed
    he's already taken in our league though

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yeah you aren't locked in, until all the games are done, or a player that you have on your roster is done anyways.

Shari I'll trade you TE Fred Davis and WR Lance Moore for Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis and Darius Heywood Bey
    I'll have to run this by managers but since I just ditched a TE I don't think I need another one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

He's gone.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah but your TE's suck

you need to ditch both the guys on your team

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

look out for cook archie. all basketball players are more athletic than football

First 123 Last