no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two NFL Scouts Think Robert Griffin III Is Severely Overrated (Black Ryan Leaf?)

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...ts-vick-baylor

A few scouts who spoke to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel think everyone is going nuts over him because they're ignoring some glaring problems with his game and attitude.

"Everybody is just assuming because of the Heisman and the socks and all that bs. . . . they are ignoring a lot of bad tape that he's had," a third scout said. "I don't think he has vision or pocket feel, which to me are the two most important components of quarterbacking. He's just running around winging it. He's (Michael) Vick, but not as good a thrower."

JasonBecker
    JasonBecker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not as good of a thrower? Vick was a horrible throwing QB in college, RG3 had one of the best passer ratings in college

Vick is a poor man's RG3 not the other way around

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Who cares what they think? We will see in a couple of weeks.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't kid yourselves, evolution has not brought this type of QB to comparable standing ground as of yet.............

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBecker View Post
    Not as good of a thrower? Vick was a horrible throwing QB in college, RG3 had one of the best passer ratings in college

Let me know when RG3 signs 2 $100 million contracts.

But seriously... RG3's passer rating in college means jack shit. Look at his offense and the defenses he faced.

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBecker View Post

As I mentioned in another thread, he won't be playing against leaky Big 12 defenses. IMO, a few major league type NFL pops, and this guy will start folding like a Chinese laundry worker.

But we'll see soon anyway.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Who cares what they think? We will see in a couple of weeks.
    Actually we'll see in a couple of years. I don't anyone is going to judge him on his first game.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

ok 2 scouts think that and 998 scouts do not...nuff said...odds are he will be pretty damn good..

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

he will be average first couple years

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

you guys not see him in preseason? no one talks about coaching, when comparing him to vick, (do QBs call their own plays?) the coaching he has around him sets him up perfectly for a great season. and it has showed in preseason. especially yesterday, he can create threats down the field with his arm and open up space/stretch the field with his legs, and shanahan is the guy to lead him to a great season. any scout who hasnt seen this is a moron.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    you guys not see him in preseason? no one talks about coaching, when comparing him to vick, (do QBs call their own plays?) the coaching he has around him sets him up perfectly for a great season. and it has showed in preseason. especially yesterday, he can create threats down the field with his arm and open up space/stretch the field with his legs, and shanahan is the guy to lead him to a great season. any scout who hasnt seen this is a moron.
    Bears shut him down pretty well. And Bears D has looked bad the rest of the preseason because of no Urlacher...

Any comment on that?

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

RGIII played a bunch of bad defenses, the best defense he played against in college, 2010 TCU defense, he and his team got absolutely embarrased

JasonBecker

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Let me know when RG3 signs 2 $100 million contracts.

But seriously... RG3's passer rating in college means jack shit. Look at his offense and the defenses he faced.

So you think Vick faced NFL level defenses when he posted mediocre passing numbers in college?

RG3 is a 5 inch taller, 30 LB bigger, much smarter and 10 times more polished passer as Vick at the same age.

JasonBecker

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    RGIII played a bunch of bad defenses, the best defense he played against in college, 2010 TCU defense, he and his team got absolutely embarrased

Oklahoma and Texas were solid defenses last year and got sliced up by RG3. LOL @ looking at 2010. RG3 was not the same player in 2010

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Bears shut him down pretty well. And Bears D has looked bad the rest of the preseason because of no Urlacher...

Any comment on that?
    Not really shut him down, team was performing awful. multiple penalties, conservative play calling as a result of the penalties, although the fumble was completely RG3s fault, and he should of just went down, maybe he can learn from mistakes like this in preseason , unlike Vick......

had a long ball to Garcon that got def. pass interference....

I didnt watch the game, this is just my anaylsis from reading play by play......

JasonBecker

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    Not really shut him down, team was performing awful. multiple penalties, conservative play calling as a result of the penalties, although the fumble was completely RG3s fault, and he should of just went down, maybe he can learn from mistakes like this in preseason , unlike Vick......

had a long ball to Garcon that got def. pass interference....

I didnt watch the game, this is just my anaylsis from reading play by play......

Bears defensive line owned the Skins' line in that game also. Tom Brady looks awful when his O line gets completely owned like that

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Does anyone give a shit? Maybe if this information came out before the draft it may be worth talking about, but now, 2 weeks before teh season, a specualtion is worthless. Lets revisit it at the end of the season.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg