no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Great" NFL players who will suck this season

Reggie Bush

OK. Too easy. When was the guy not an over-hyped hack?

Robert Griffin

New, yes. A poor man's Michael Vick without the dog handicapping expertise. He won't be playing against Big 12 defenses, you know.

Adrian Peterson

Not really sure what this guys current knee situation is, but whatever it is, don't think it won't affect him for the entire season.

Tony Romo

There's a reason why the 'boys can't win a playoff game, and it starts here. This journeyman also-ran will be fully exposed this year.

Chris Johnson

He's always had the raw talent, but he never had the intelligence, and I think his backbone is now gone, too.

Wes Walker

Past his prime for being the type of receiver he is.

Terrel Owens

oh, please. I just included him for laughs.

Tony Gonzales

Sometimes players play just one season too many.

Tom Brady

This guy will get the shiiit beat out of him in the pocket this year

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Shut the fuk up and stick to copy n pasting retarded articles and claiming to know you know what the fuk you are talking about. The whole forum wants you gone.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Troy Polomalu

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Philip Rivers, and hes my fantasy qb.

no gnu taxes

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    The whole forum wants you gone.

Has there been a poll, canuck? Maybe there was some kind of seminar to which I wasn't invited. Did they serve coffee and doughnuts?

no gnu taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders FTW View Post
    Philip Rivers, and hes my fantasy qb.
    I actually thought about including him, and egads, even Peyton Manning, but decided to defer.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by no gnu taxes View Post
    Has there been a poll, canuck? Maybe there was some kind of seminar to which I wasn't invited. Did they serve coffee and doughnuts?
    Ill invite you to the next one because I'll be handing out power slams and ass kickings.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Rivers, Steve Smith, Turner, Gore....need I say more?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Peterson, Vick, MJD (if he plays)

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Reggie Bush - coming to his own

Robert Griffin -looks good thruout preason plus good coaching/play calling

Adrian Peterson - AP wont ever have a "bad" season

Tony Romo - ROMO was never great, media just calls him "great"

Chris Johnson - speed doesnt suck. needs team to develop around him

Wes Walker - maybe only agreeance I have with you hes getting old,

Terrel Owens - of course

Tony Gonzales - some players are physical powerhouses/doesnty matter how long he plays

Tom Brady - this must be a personal vendetta , but I hate him too

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Saying reggie bush is a great player is an insult to great players.

no gnu taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    Reggie Bush - coming to his own
    Come on. The guy is a quickness, burst of speed type player. He is on the downhill slope for that type of player; this is his seventh season. Frankly, the Saints were fools for wasting a draft choice on him. He wasn't even the best back at USC; he just made the best highlight reels. To the Saints credit, they did utlize his skills, but it was mostly a wasted effort.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

How is Romo not great ? onr of the highest rated QBs of all time... man where do some of these people come from

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    How is Romo not great ? onr of the highest rated QBs of all time... man where do some of these people come from
    What is his QBR in the 4th quarter of close games? Serious question.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    What is his QBR in the 4th quarter of close games? Serious question.
    Well he has the highest rating in the 4th quarter in NFL history. i guess it depends on what you define as close games. Everybody talks about the Jets and Lions games, nobody talks about his comeback vs best defense 49ers with broken ribs, a punctured lung and jesse holley as a receiver, the comeback vs the Dolphins who had a top 10 defense and the 4th quarter comebacks vs the Redskins (See the pass to Dez Bryant where Romo ran 10 yards back after the snap cause he knew the line wasnt gonna block)

Romo continues to put up good numbers despite poor offenseive talent around him, his recivers are always hurt, he made Nobody Laurant Robinson look like a probowler, the offensive line is horrid and the running game had 5 touchdowns last year and one was by Romo.

Truth: People see what they want to see. Dallas is not a good team, the reason the even contend for playoff spots is because of Romo.

PickWinnerAllDay

I just think he chokes in key situations.

We've watched a lot of football right? Who is the only guy to drop an important extra point/field goal in a game/situation that big? Romo. That is what he'll be known for until he wins.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

You make some good points. Just checked and he has the 2nd highest QB rating of all time at 96.9. But he's played 6 years and has not elevated his team deep into the playoffs. Might not be fair, but that is how QB's are judged. I would say he's solid, but not in the league with Brady, Manning etc.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I just think he chokes in key situations.

We've watched a lot of football right? Who is the only guy to drop an important extra point/field goal in a game/situation that big? Romo. That is what he'll be known for until he wins.
    He was fired as a field goal holder lol.
    i guess winning one superbowl as a team erases all late game blunders by a QB, we all forget how poorly Arron Rodgers played in the two playoffs games where he didnt win the superbowl ... or how bad Peyton choked in the last superbowl he was in .. or the playoff games before he won one.

I get the feeling , even if Romo won a superbowl or two, the credit would go elsewhere and all the Romo haters would say Dallas won despite Romo.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    You make some good points. Just checked and he has the 2nd highest QB rating of all time at 96.9. But he's played 6 years and has not elevated his team deep into the playoffs. Might not be fair, but that is how QB's are judged. I would say he's solid, but not in the league with Brady, Manning etc.
    Romo also plays in a perfect environment to put up good QB numbers. Can't just look at QB rating for a QB... Peyton Manning/Romo/Brees, these guys don't have to deal with wind, rain, snow, cold weather, hot weather for at least 50% of their games. Big, big, big, big help that can't be undervalued.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

hey no nu taxes is this your first sports related thread? not sure if it's any good but stick to sports in players talk and less of that political nonsense.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Michael the burner Turner is beyond washed

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Peyton Manning will win at least half his games. I guarantee it.

Only way Broncos lose more than half is he gets benched for an injury.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

No gnu taxes posted something about sports????????

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Jesus, I have AP, Romo and CJ24k on my fantasy team, in fact they were my top 3 picks.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I'm with frizzer

OP is a fuckin joke

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

your wrong on alot of those

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe all of them lol

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

Trent Richardson

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Not a bad list......The Brady one is controversial and hes still really good himself but the Pats O-line situation is scary. Brady is used to an amazing o-line for all Of his career but they got some real issues right now. Brady has gotten crushed Atleast 3 times this preseason on sacks, it could get ugly......Ask any non-homer Pats fan

Disagree on RG3

Also, Romo takes too much shit.....Truth is he's a really good QB overall, but it just hasn't happened for them as a team. He takes too much blame IMO, and also he's been clutch plenty of times in his career

Smutbucket

Well he has the highest rating in the 4th quarter in NFL history. i guess it depends on what you define as close games. Everybody talks about the Jets and Lions games, nobody talks about his comeback vs best defense 49ers with broken ribs, a punctured lung and jesse holley as a receiver, the comeback vs the Dolphins who had a top 10 defense and the 4th quarter comebacks vs the Redskins (See the pass to Dez Bryant where Romo ran 10 yards back after the snap cause he knew the line wasnt gonna block) Romo continues to put up good numbers despite poor offenseive talent around him, his recivers are always hurt, he made Nobody Laurant Robinson look like a probowler, the offensive line is horrid and the running game had 5 touchdowns last year and one was by Romo. Truth: People see what they want to see. Dallas is not a good team, the reason the even contend for playoff spots is because of Romo.
    No shit people see what they wanna see, and I know Romos numbers. I think we just have a different definition of "greatness" you think being a good QB, and not winning a playoff game, still makes a great QB, my definition of great QBs need to win big games/actually win a playoff game.....not to mention Romo has had a history of turning the ball over A LOT, (look at Fumbles too...) , Great QBs know the importance of ball control/ not being sloppy with it....i remeber back in 07 when he had 6 turnover in 1st half in monday night game against the bills.....haha that was fun to watch.

As for Reggie Bush, maybe Im biased because I live in south florida. but he had a good season last year, didnt touch the ball enough, but this year we got Philbin leading the team, I think the play calling/selection will involve Bush a lot more this year....he averaged 5 y/per carry last year and 7 y/per catch

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

hey gnu, who do you like week 1 of the regular season?

SportsPedagogy

No shit people see what they wanna see, and I know Romos numbers. I think we just have a different definition of "greatness" you think being a good QB, and not winning a playoff game, still makes a great QB, my definition of great QBs need to win big games/actually win a playoff game.....not to mention Romo has had a history of turning the ball over A LOT, (look at Fumbles too...) , Great QBs know the importance of ball control/ not being sloppy with it....i remeber back in 07 when he had 6 turnover in 1st half in monday night game against the bills.....haha that was fun to watch.

As for Reggie Bush, maybe Im biased because I live in south florida. but he had a good season last year, didnt touch the ball enough, but this year we got Philbin leading the team, I think the play calling/selection will involve Bush a lot more this year....he averaged 5 y/per carry last year and 7 y/per catch
    Romo doesn't really turn the ball over ALOT ... he has more starts and less fumbles then Aarron Rodgers although, Rodgers throws less picks.

The two polar opposites of each other are Romo and Rothilsburger. Romo puts up fantastic numbers but the team always falls short. Rothilsburger puts up horrible numbers (offense led by him averaged less then Tebows) yet he has a defense that carries him to the playoffs. Yet in the eyes of everybody Big Ben is a HOFer and Romo is the reason for the Cowboys problems. It is amazing.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

RG3 is not considered great yet! Though he will be much better than luck.

My pick for star that will bust, Greg Jennings. Too many options on that green bay squad.

Smutbucket

Romo doesn't really turn the ball over ALOT ... he has more starts and less fumbles then Aarron Rodgers although, Rodgers throws less picks.

The two polar opposites of each other are Romo and Rothilsburger. Romo puts up fantastic numbers but the team always falls short. Rothilsburger puts up horrible numbers (offense led by him averaged less then Tebows) yet he has a defense that carries him to the playoffs. Yet in the eyes of everybody Big Ben is a HOFer and Romo is the reason for the Cowboys problems. It is amazing.
    sorry im not gonna argue over you when you make shit up. romo has fumbled the ball 45 times in his career losing possession 26 times and rogers has fumbled 32 times, losing possession 20 times.....where do you get your numbers?

SportsPedagogy

sorry im not gonna argue over you when you make shit up. romo has fumbled the ball 45 times in his career losing possession 26 times and rogers has fumbled 32 times, losing possession 20 times.....where do you get your numbers?
    So you accuse me of making shit up, then ask where i got my numbers from ? I actually misread them on NFLcom because they had passing fumbles and rushing fumbles for QBS, but then I looked a little deeper and found some interesting stuff.

12 Last