Dr. Black
    Dr. Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Getting the Suicide Pool emails

I'm a believer in the suicide pools. There are 2 of them in I play that each charge $200 plus a $30 rake/admin cost. The last five years they've each had 1000 + entries. Some years 1 winner, other years 20 winners have lasted the whole season.

The attraction for me is the number of social gamblers who join the pools. The first week you see some people taking teams like Dallas at the Giants or Miami at Houston. I'm guessing they're casual fans who are betting on their favorite team. So even though I'm paying juice to the pool operators, I figure it's more than compensated by the people who put money in the pot and don't stand a chance. So my 230 entry fee has an expected value of about 300 or so.

I'm sure there are pools around where everybody is sharp, but they probably charge something like 1k or 10k for an entry. I prefer to buy 4 or 5 entries in the softer pools.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

IF YOU WANT A GOOD POOL 100 DOLLARS ALL CASH PICK 5 NFL GAMES EACH WEEK

WWW.FREAKSFORUM.COM

CLICK ON BADMANS ITS A GOOD CONTEST AND I HAVE BEEN IN IT FOR LIKE 10 YEARS ALL CASH NO BULLSHIT

Dr. Black
    Dr. Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Thanks Beantown. I'm not sure what kind of juice the website takes though. I'm more interested in the pick one team a week, no spread, and can't take a team more than once. I think an experienced handicapper can have a decent edge in those pools.

If there are a lot of people with no chance who enter. Like a good poker player looking for a soft game.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Dr Black: Where did you find these, locally? I'm in a few from the fantasy sports forums, but don't see too many these days..

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

i play lots of fantasy sports /at present i am in 23.5k worth of freerolls numerous contests w/1 to 5 dollar entry fees for 250k pot 100k pot hell the sbr high roller nfl. contest has great prizes 60 in. hd tv notebook computer i-pad on and on only 200 sbr pt. entry look around gl

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    IF YOU WANT A GOOD POOL 100 DOLLARS ALL CASH PICK 5 NFL GAMES EACH WEEK

WWW.FREAKSFORUM.COM

CLICK ON BADMANS ITS A GOOD CONTEST AND I HAVE BEEN IN IT FOR LIKE 10 YEARS ALL CASH NO BULLSHIT
    Thanks beantown that's an awesome site, very impressive