ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

l rosol vs guido pella.. line question

Don't know dick about tennis.. but saw rosol was minus 455, looked again and he was minus 675... are moves like that normal in tennis? Rosol is about to lose in straight sets...

ebbearsfb1

Check that.. rosol lost in straight sets... tennis is truly a sport where you cannot lay juice unless its parlayed

ebbearsfb1

Everyone knows everything until you actually ask a question

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes they are like that.

I think I had odesnik in a parlay yesterday, got him at -4XX...Looked around gametime and he was -7XX

Had Rosol in a parlay @ 455...Saw him as high as 7XX...Then about 15 minutes later was back down to 500.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Don't know dick about tennis.. but saw rosol was minus 455, looked again and he was minus 675... are moves like that normal in tennis? Rosol is about to lose in straight sets...

Depends on the match. Qualifying has low limits at books, low liquidity at exchanges, so doesn't take much opinion on one side to shift the line a lot.

ebbearsfb1

Interesting gates did your favorite win yesterday? Was wondering if its worth checking out to take the big dog

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Interesting gates did your favorite win yesterday? Was wondering if its worth checking out to take the big dog

Nope...Igor Sijsling was also at -7XX when I threw him in the parlay with Odesnik yesterday. About 30 minutes later Sijsling was at -1500. Was ridiculous, but he won.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Depends on the match. Qualifying has low limits at books, low liquidity at exchanges, so doesn't take much opinion on one side to shift the line a lot.
    Same with Challenger level plays. Spot on analysis. It's a sure fire way for casual tennis bettors to get absolutely railroaded if they try to follow line movement thinking it means something like others believe it does in other sports. Rosol was a prime example of books taking advantage of the casual bettor knowing his name from Wimbledon when he beat Nadal and saying - whoa, this guy should crush it today against someone I don't know. Happens all the time. Rosol never should have been priced anything close to what he opened at, never mind where he closed. Guy is still a relative novice - especially if you look at his hard court record.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Same with Challenger level plays. Spot on analysis. It's a sure fire way for casual tennis bettors to get absolutely railroaded if they try to follow line movement thinking it means something like others believe it does in other sports. Rosol was a prime example of books taking advantage of the casual bettor knowing his name from Wimbledon when he beat Nadal and saying - whoa, this guy should crush it today against someone I don't know. Happens all the time. Rosol never should have been priced anything close to what he opened at, never mind where he closed. Guy is still a relative novice - especially if you look at his hard court record.
    good info here... i didnt know he was the guy who bet nadal,

not much a tennis guy, and had noticed the huge moves