Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Sorry but I have hard time justifying what half of you are saying... Who the hell are you to say what's fair and what's not to a country you're not even a citizen of.. This is exactly what those "terrorists are complaining about" Americans mingling other countries afairs. If that country feels the max of 21 years is justifiable, then so be it. Just that from your eyes, it's not, doesn't mean it's true to others or to other country. If they feel 21 years is not enough, it's up to them to change it. Out cry of it not being fair is just your point of view, doesn't mean it's right or wrong..

It does suck for the victims families, and I as an American do feel it's a shitty punishment, but I find it laughable how some are down right saying nasty things about a judge or their law, when you have no say in it, from the first place.

Let's worry about or own law, and affairs before criticizing other countries law and judges..

Could it be possible that, our country has so many "baffoons" and retards and psychos that "harsh punishment was necessary", while other countries don't?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Bible thumpers getting involved in politics is some of the worse shit that has ever happened in this country, good to see that some countries actually have sane laws and don't give 30 year prison sentences for drug convictions.... and all that time in jail for a dumb drug conviction will be paid with the tax payer dollars lol....

And anyone thinking this guy will ever see freedom is a moron (lol at people thinking he will be out in 10 years). Some of you guys really need to learn to think a little bit.

Social conservatism is a joke and anyone who backs any of those bullshit principles should get fukked. Fools been trying to take away your freedom for years based on bs groupthink.

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    OK, show up to the entrance of Tropicana in Las Vegas on Saturday, 3pm sharp, I'll be there and I will kick your ass once and for all.

Mano y Mano, hand to hand combat

If you don't show up you are a pussy coward.

I love it when internet tough guys want to act tough then choose their place of convenience.

Frogsrangers, meet me outside the Rio public library in 7 days and I will stomp your head in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Inkwell77, rkelly110, and Duff85

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Sorry but I have hard time justifying what half of you are saying... Who the hell are you to say what's fair and what's not to a country you're not even a citizen of.. This is exactly what those "terrorists are complaining about" Americans mingling other countries afairs. If that country feels the max of 21 years is justifiable, then so be it. Just that from your eyes, it's not, doesn't mean it's true to others or to other country. If they feel 21 years is not enough, it's up to them to change it. Out cry of it not being fair is just your point of view, doesn't mean it's right or wrong..

It does suck for the victims families, and I as an American do feel it's a shitty punishment, but I find it laughable how some are down right saying nasty things about a judge or their law, when you have no say in it, from the first place.

Let's worry about or own law, and affairs before criticizing other countries law and judges..

Could it be possible that, our country has so many "baffoons" and retards and psychos that "harsh punishment was necessary", while other countries don't?
    Looks like the Norway killer will spend the rest of his life behind bars. And I would think that if you polled Norwegian residents most would agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread that he should never be free again. Because some people in high places made a sentencing law, that does not mean it is morally right. Norway has a low crime rate compared to the US and for that they should be grateful. To argue that non-Norwegian residents should not express their opinion because we might be meddling in someone else's affairs is BS.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Europeans are so primitive.

They need the death penalty.

Bettalent
    Bettalent's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you guys retarded? I mean c'mon READ the ******* statement guys.

21 years AND containment. In this case, it's basically a life sentence. After the normal prison sentence is served a board will decide if he is fit to enter society again and can keep him locked up for life by voting "No" every five years.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

sick bastard needs to rot for the rest of his life.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Bettalent View Post

21 years AND containment. In this case, it's basically a life sentence. After the normal prison sentence is served a board will decide if he is fit to enter society again and can keep him locked up for life by voting "No" every five years.

So the "board" can votes "yes" and he would be totally free? You're right, great system. So enlightened. Rule by all-knowing, incorruptable elites is definitely the way to go.

Bettalent

Yes they can, but I can't really say I think they would. I'm not saying this system is good or right, but it is the maximum punishment in Norway and he will probably never walk as a free man again. Why I wrote my first post was because of all idiots who can't read, they just read "21 years in prison" and think WTF?'. I'm glad I enlightened you sir.

KGambler

Your blind faith in the next several generations of government employees and "experts" is an inspiration to us all. Definitely a better system to give him 10 years and trust in your government for the next 60 years than to simply put him to death.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Looks like the Norway killer will spend the rest of his life behind bars. And I would think that if you polled Norwegian residents most would agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread that he should never be free again. Because some people in high places made a sentencing law, that does not mean it is morally right. Norway has a low crime rate compared to the US and for that they should be grateful. To argue that non-Norwegian residents should not express their opinion because we might be meddling in someone else's affairs is BS.
    Sorry you took it that way, If I expressed my view poorly I apologize.. What I meant was, bashing a country's law or THE JUDGE for his ruling saying some nassty stuff if you read some of it is, is not right at all..

Just that you don't like something doesn't mean it has to be expressed in such harsh way, that reflects negativity to someone else without fully realizing their point of view or their law..

Not everything in life is fair.

KGambler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L...(serial_killer)

"An A&E Biography documentary[7][8] reports that he was released by Ecuadorian prison on 31 August 1994, re-arrested an hour later as an illegal immigrant, and handed over to Colombian authorities who charged him with a twenty-year-old murder. He was found to be insane and held in a psychiatric wing of a Bogotá hospital. In 1998, he was declared sane and released on $50 bail. The same documentary says that Interpol released an advisory for his re-arrest by Colombian authorities over a fresh murder in 2002."

KGambler

Sorry you took it that way, If I expressed my view poorly I apologize.. What I meant was, bashing a country's law or THE JUDGE for his ruling saying some nassty stuff if you read some of it is, is not right at all..

Just that you don't like something doesn't mean it has to be expressed in such harsh way, that reflects negativity to someone else without fully realizing their point of view or their law..

You're probably not aware of how "activist" Europe is when it comes to being anti-death penalty. I'll give you an example... If this guy had commited his crimes in the USA, European countries would refuse to honor an extradition treaty with the US because he could face the death penalty. In these cases, they make the US promise that the suspect will never face the death penalty, thus perverting our justice system. They also bully smaller countries into adopting their foolish, er enlightened, ways. And no, you can't even think about joining the EU if you have a death penalty for any crime.

So it's quite reasonable to point out their incredible foolishness.

Easy-Rider 66

No need to apologize, you were just expressing your opinion. I just had a different take on things. I now have a clearer understanding on where you coming from.

Bettalent

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Your blind faith in the next several generations of government employees and "experts" is an inspiration to us all. Definitely a better system to give him 10 years and trust in your government for the next 60 years than to simply put him to death.
    Again, I don't say this is right or good. I'm just telling you that the punishment wasn't just 21 years in prison, it's that AND containment.

KGambler

Again, I don't say this is right or good. I'm just telling you that the punishment wasn't just 21 years in prison, it's that AND containment.
    You asked if people were retarded and said it is "basically a life sentence".

Giving this guy "basically a life sentence" is an insane travesty of justice.

Much worse, Norway is one of those countries not shy about imposing it's insane views on criminal justice on other countries. No matter the crime, they won't extradite until the receiving country promises that the death penalty is off the table. So we should be commenting on how incredibly backward and primitive the Norwegian justice system is, because they feel the need to impose their stupidiy on others.

If Norway wanted to be really enlightened, they could just have him a pay a large weregild, like the old days when people were really progressive and merciful.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    It sounds like the killer is sane, but the judge might not be.

Totally egregious.
    He is not legally insane. They know that. They tried to have him declared insane as a work around to foil their own incredibly foolish laws. It's easy to be progressive until someone shoots up a children's camp. Then you look at the stupid laws you've been bragging about and think "oh shit". So they tried to railroad him into being "insane". The judge didn't go for it.

The next step would be to fix their stupid laws they used to brag about, but that would take a certain introspection not found in many holier-than-thou Europeans.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Sounds like that gives the prisoner hope. A prison sentence with hope seems a lot easier than a prison sentence like the one Jerry Sandusky just got.... where he has to serve out 400 something years. Is it really that hard to change 'your' laws so that someone who kills a ton of people gets told he will never ever step foot in freedom again?

Bettalent

You asked if people were retarded and said it is "basically a life sentence".

Giving this guy "basically a life sentence" is an insane travesty of justice.

Much worse, Norway is one of those countries not shy about imposing it's insane views on criminal justice on other countries. No matter the crime, they won't extradite until the receiving country promises that the death penalty is off the table. So we should be commenting on how incredibly backward and primitive the Norwegian justice system is, because they feel the need to impose their stupidiy on others.

If Norway wanted to be really enlightened, they could just have him a pay a large weregild, like the old days when people were really progressive and merciful.
    Yes, retarded because it wasn't just 21 years, which they would have known if they read the whole statement. We leave that now.

I totally agree in what you implying here, the Norwegian justice system isn't really that up to date, like many other countries. I'm from Sweden and I personally think our system is ******* stupid, I want the system to be harder here and I'm probably not the only one who thinks that.

Bettalent

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post

Sounds like that gives the prisoner hope. A prison sentence with hope seems a lot easier than a prison sentence like the one Jerry Sandusky just got.... where he has to serve out 400 something years. Is it really that hard to change 'your' laws so that someone who kills a ton of people gets told he will never ever step foot in freedom again?

I'm not from Norway, i'm from Sweden.
    I do want this system to change and it will probably be a big question over here. I can't tell how hard it would be to change the law but hopefully there will be some kind of change.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post

To me, it's bizarre to think that killing someone is so incredibly cruel, but locking them up for the rest of their life is A-OK. That never made any sense to me. Like putting someone in prison for the rest of their life is being kind.

I'm not saying the USA justice system is any good. It's an absolute disgrace. But it pisses me off these other countries have such stupid laws but want to impose them worldwide.

PickWinnerAllDay

To me, it's bizarre to think that killing someone is so incredibly cruel, but locking them up for the rest of their life is A-OK. That never made any sense to me. Like putting someone in prison for the rest of their life is being kind.

I'm not saying the USA justice system is any good. It's an absolute disgrace. But it pisses me off these other countries have such stupid laws but want to impose them worldwide.
    I don't see how taking away someone's life when THEY took away someone else's life isn't justice? The reality is, they can still visit with their friends and family on certain days. I bet the friends and family of the person they killed would love to see that person again, but they don't get the chance to.

If you kill someone with that intent, why shouldn't you forfeit your life?

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23617

if you look closely at the verdict...this low life will never see the light of day in freedom again.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Noone fukkin reads anymore.

And by the way, people get pardoned all the fukkin time in USA

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

Still doesn't explain the stupidity of having such a low max sentence and needing a panel to get together every 5 years just to restate what should already be stated - you're never getting out of prison.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

Mass murders and serial killers do not get pardons in the USA. And while this Mass murderer will be locked up for life, there seems to be something inherently wrong with having to review his case every 5 years or so. You don't rehabilitate sociopaths who are serial killers.

swervv
    swervv's Avatar Become A Pro!

So the "board" can votes "yes" and he would be totally free? You're right, great system. So enlightened. Rule by all-knowing, incorruptable elites is definitely the way to go.
    charles manson has more of a chance to get out of jail than this guy.. you gotta understand its not every 5 years..according to norways law its every 21 YEARS that he can apear at the board.. obviously this guy will never get out regardless of the situation.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Liberal Canada coddling murderers and criminals.. nothing new with that eh, Liberals are filth they look out for their own kind
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: baskets

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17840

you sir are a ******* idiot

PickWinnerAllDay

They just suck at writing their own laws.

If it was 21 years PER murder, then sure... No one would care. But that isn't how their legal system seems to work.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Believe the Maximum prison sentence in Norway is 21 years. Absolutely ridiculous. They should have changed the law before they sentenced this sociopath.
    Liberalism on full display.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    The article I read did not say he was sentenced to 21 years. It said 21 years was the max sentence for a certain conviction, but it went on to say that this man was actually convicted to a sentence that can last indefinitely. One that could see him technically get out in 5 years, but was more than likely going to keep him inside forever due to the nature of his crimes. Maybe I have a reading comprehension problem.

"But Breivik was deemed sane by the judges and sentenced to “preventive detention.” Unlike a regular prison sentence — which can be no longer than 21 years in Norway — that confinement option can be extended for as long as an inmate is considered dangerous to society. It also offers more programs and therapy than an ordinary prison sentence. Norway, like nearly all of Europe, doesn’t have the death penalty."
    All it takes is a panel of liberal judges to "deem him rehabilitated" and they could let him walk. Think it can't happen??? Then you don't know the liberal mind.
    Last edited by rickbo528; 08-24-12 at 05:51 PM.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    Liberal Canada coddling murderers and criminals.. nothing new with that eh, Liberals are filth they look out for their own kind
    You know the guy in Sweden was a right wing conservative extremist who probably held similar views to that nut job Baskets. Being a centrist conservative or centrist liberal is fine. It is once fundamentalism comes into the picture that everything becomes fukked up.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    You know the guy in Sweden was a right wing conservative extremist who probably held similar views to that nut job Baskets. Being a centrist conservative or centrist liberal is fine. It is once fundamentalism comes into the picture that everything becomes fukked up.
    lol, says the neophyte cracker who don't know shit about black people. I would love to live in your bubbled world, bro. Try spending some time working with law enforcement and then you'll get your PhD in n********

now go back to your dinner table and discuss linens and flower gardens w/ your wifey ... and how you'd like to suck MLK's dick and how you think Mandela is the best thing to ever happen to SA
    Points Awarded:

Inkwell77 gave baskets 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Just realised I posted Sweden instead of Norway. lol.

First 123 Last