Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

"Not only has this screwed over all the fans that bought tickets, non refundable airfare, took off work, made arrangements, etc... but think of all the fighters. Fighters that put in full camps, flew people in that helped them trains, etc. By the time I am actually fight, I spend close to 20k between corners, flights, expenses, coaches, etc... and then to have the whole show cancelled because ONE guy didn't want to fight. This ONE guy that had trained an entire camp, who was the CHAMP and at the top of his weight class, who was going to fight someone who didn't do the camp, and was fighting UP a weight class." - Joe Lauzon

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    only one that dana mentioned was machida. maybe shogun and gustafsson also?
    yeah, and I doubt any of those 3 are doing roids! Not talkin about Thiago Silva here are we Hels!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah, and I doubt any of those 3 are doing roids! Not talkin about Thiago Silva here are we Hels!
    oh yea, no doubt the fight was refused b/c they didnt want to face jones on 8 days notice. nothing to do with roids.

apparently weidman volunteered to take the fight as well:

Top 185-pound contender Chris Weidman told MMAFighting.com following Thursday's conference call that he offered to fight Jones next week, as well.
    "I heard that Dan Henderson was hurt," Weidman said. "I said, 'Wow, I'm not getting the shot at 185, let me get Jon Jones, he's freaking awesome."
    "I'm not sure it ever got back to [Jones]," he said. "If he's not taking Chael Sonnen, I'm sure he isn't going to take me."

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha Weidman has nice as ever

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

surprised to see king mo taking jones' side in this debacle.
    King Mo ‏@KingMoFH
    @JonnyBones is smart....its a business. Dont knock him for his decision. Yall aint in his shoes!!! U dont see it in big boxing events.

Jason High @KCBanditMMA
    Screw u guys calling him selfish man. I can’t stand fans. Of course he’s selfish. Who’s gonna take care of his shit if he doesn’t. You? #FOH

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

I miss pride days....even more today

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    WORD. When doesn't a true mma fan miss pride...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    I also miss WEC more on days like these! I dont recall a fighter ever pulling out of a fight in WEC!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Seriously.

Still beside myself that a promotion would even allow this. Should be in the fukkin contract.

Jones can now gag on my rooster!!

Fuk him

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Jason High @KCBanditMMA
    Screw u guys calling him selfish man. I can’t stand fans. Of course he’s selfish. Who’s gonna take care of his shit if he doesn’t. You? #FOH
    LOL that's funny cuz he has no fans

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

One word. SCUMBAG!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29010

sonnen on SC is great interview

"ill give jones my entire purse, just so guys on undercard get paychecks"

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

that would never happen

travismcilrath

bones is the mam

travismcilrath

lol man

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29010

pussy boy champ

scared to fight

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    LOL that's funny cuz he has no fans
    ha yeah, Jason who?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Seriously.

Still beside myself that a promotion would even allow this. Should be in the fukkin contract.

Jones can now gag on my rooster!!

Fuk him
    Bigday, I'd seriously bet on you in a one-one pure greco-roman wrestling matchup with Jones right now

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta suck for the 20 other fighters who prepared to fight on this card.

I'm surprised the UFC cancelled the whole thing. Why not just make it a free to watch card? Even though, looking at the other fights nothing too big stands out.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Bigday, I'd seriously bet on you in a one-one pure greco-roman wrestling matchup with Jones right now
    I so want to T step that fukker on his head right now.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't get pissed often, but this boils my blood!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bigday gonna be chopping wood in to the early hours!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I don't get pissed often, but this boils my blood!
    thank god flights were cheap.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Was never a fan of Jones anyways. Hope machida knocks his teeth out

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Remember when Jones fist to fist Silva before Silva went into the octogon to fight Sonnen?

I believe that Jones has a lot of respect for Silva. The trash talk by Sonnen on Silva leading into that fight is probably why Jones hates Sonnen and doesn't believe Sonnen deserves a title shot. Either that or Jones just doesn't like fighting another opponent on a 8 days notice.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Remember when Jones fist to fist Silva before Silva went into the octogon to fight Sonnen?

I believe that Jones has a lot of respect for Silva. The trash talk by Sonnen on Silva leading into that fight is probably why Jones hates Sonnen and doesn't believe Sonnen deserves a title shot. Either that or Jones just doesn't like fighting another opponent on a 8 days notice.
    I think its more of Jones just not thinking Sonnen deserves a shot after losing to somebody, and because Jackson has drummed it in to him that it's not smart taking a fight on 8 days notice against a guy with a very different style to who he was facing. Yes Hendo has a wrestlng background, but lets be real, was a small chance that a) he'd look to use it and b) that he'd have any chance of being successful if he did choose to use his wrestling seeing as Jones is bigger, more athletic and not exactly a novice wrestler himself! With Sonnen it's completely different..you know he is going to be looking to take you down from the get-go, and although he doesnt have the power punching tht Hendo has, he has much better cardio and is quicker. Completely different threat

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I still have yet to read a rationale reason for this event being cancelled. Anyone source it for me?

All I have read and heard from dana is they couldn't schedule a main event... So ellenberger/hieron isn't main event status under the circumstances but munoz/leben was for 138? And that main event wasn't even affected by any injuries, they planned it that way.

From what I read it seems the only reason this event is cancelled is because it would have done terrible ppv numbers. So basically the fertittas didnt want to lose anymore money. Which is ridiculous considering how much they are worth, how little their fighters make and all the fighters/fans who made preparations for this event.

No doubt it sucks jones turned down sonnen but ,as far as I'm concerned, this event should have not been cancelled.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Perhaps in a few weeks when it's died down Dana will admit that he was a tad hasty with just cancelling the whole thing and not working around it

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Yes it sucks the event was cancelled, but to everyone who was gonna go: IT IS IN VEGAS! Get that refund and gamble, party, do whatever else you were gonna do in Vegas and live it up. Its not like this event was Buttf**k Tennessee or something.You gotta make the best of it and plan something else with that refund money.. (for example, spearmint rhino :P)

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Dana White should have just cut a check for an extra $100K for Jones to fight Sonnen.

'I fight to make money, quite frankly' - Jon Jones

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    Yes it sucks the event was cancelled, but to everyone who was gonna go: IT IS IN VEGAS! Get that refund and gamble, party, do whatever else you were gonna do in Vegas and live it up. Its not like this event was Buttf**k Tennessee or something.You gotta make the best of it and plan something else with that refund money.. (for example, spearmint rhino :P)
    Woah woahh woahhhhhh easy there playa...dont be talking derogatory bout my boy Chandler Blades' home state. I had a great time out there when I went to watch him make his pro debut and he beat down Pistachio Simpleton ...we double teamed a Jessica Simpson lookalike later tht night....good times

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Not only does Jon only fight smaller fighters but also refuses TO FIGHT!!

unrealz

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

surprised to see king mo taking jones' side in this debacle.
    King Mo ‏@KingMoFH
    @JonnyBones is smart....its a business. Dont knock him for his decision. Yall aint in his shoes!!! U dont see it in big boxing events.

Jason High @KCBanditMMA
    Jason High is still alive? Thought Marius Zaromskis killed him in japan.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I still have yet to read a rationale reason for this event being cancelled. Anyone source it for me?

All I have read and heard from dana is they couldn't schedule a main event... So ellenberger/hieron isn't main event status under the circumstances but munoz/leben was for 138? And that main event wasn't even affected by any injuries, they planned it that way.

From what I read it seems the only reason this event is cancelled is because it would have done terrible ppv numbers. So basically the fertittas didnt want to lose anymore money. Which is ridiculous considering how much they are worth, how little their fighters make and all the fighters/fans who made preparations for this event.

No doubt it sucks jones turned down sonnen but ,as far as I'm concerned, this event should have not been cancelled.
    Completely agree. Can't really believe that if you made the PPV $20 though that they couldn't at least break even.

First 12345 ... Last