PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Girardi is kind of a ....

CHICAGO -- Having seeing his Yankees swept by the White Sox and their AL East reduced to just a handful of games, normally mild-mannered New York manager Joe Girardi boiled over Wednesday night. But it was a heckler -- and not his struggling club -- that lit his fuse.
    As Girardi was about to begin his postgame news conference, the booming voice of an oversized, and possibly overserved, White Sox fan echoed through the concrete hallway beneath U.S. Cellular Field.
    "Hey, Girardi, you bum! The Yankees suck!"

<center>
    It wasn't exactly Billy Martin and the Marshmallow Salesman, but Joe Girardi's shouting match with a fan was probably as close as Joe Girardi will ever get, writes Wallace Matthews. Story </center>

Maybe it was the fact the Yankees had just lost three in a row to Chicago, or maybe it was the heartbreaking nature of Wednesday night's 2-1 defeat, or maybe it was the fact the Yankees had not had a day off in 20 days. It probably was a combination of all of the above, plus the fact that the Yankees lead in the AL East, which peaked at 10 games in July, had dwindled to three.
    Because suddenly, there was Girardi breaking out of the pack, leaving a YES Network camera crew shooting his back and a gang of reporters watching in bemused disbelief, and shouting at the top of his lungs at a total stranger on his way out of the ballpark.
    "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Shut up! I'm doing an interview!" he said.
    Then Girardi turned to a stadium security guard. "Do something, would you? Shut this guy up." "Yeah, kick me out!" the fan said, laughing as he headed out the door.
    "Jesus, for crying out loud," Girardi muttered as he headed back into the media scrum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unreal how thin his skin is. Kick him out for saying the Yankees suck? I hope this earned Girardi similar treatment in every opposing ballpark going forward.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

fan's quote was priceless... 'yeah, kick me out!'