frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by diveoregon View Post
    I do think Oregon will cover. I have writeups on this in a couple threads, "gamecocks/tide/ducks" and "heavy wk 1 power..". Keep in mind I have only advised this as an information source, as I am biased towards Oregon. That said, I follow Oregon football very closey. Hopefully you find the info useful, and can use it to aid your judgement.
    Oregon -35.5 was my lean, but decided against it last night at the betting window, though I am still open to it

I think Arkansas State will score at least 14, which means Oregon would have to score 50+ to cover, which means Arkansas State getting blown out badly, and I am not sure if Arkansas State is THAT BAD to get destroyed, but you never know.

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha. Don't get your feelings hurt, most of the banter that goes on here is the only thing making this forum useful. Gets people doing their research and posting relevant facts and stats they find. Thus allowing others to take in stats and writeups they may have not considered. It's nothing personal, just trying to flood info and ideas out there. I encourage everyone to do the same. Share your ideas, but more importantly, people will only find it useful if you can justify it in some way.

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Dumb line of thinking

All of the public are all over the Top 25 games and the big name teams

The real values can be found in the smaller schools in the no name conferences.
    completley right the small name schools is where you can find the real value in the lines

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Dux90 View Post
    completley right the small name schools is where you can find the real value in the lines
    Which is why Week 1 is profitable, since all the games are big school vs. small school, so its easy to pick up the small schools not getting enough credit

But even more so in college basketball, made a lot of money last year off the smaller conferences

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, there is loads of money to be made in mid-major conferences. Especially with the regressions I was discussing earlier. This is especially true when they begin their conference schedules, as top tier players are less concentrated, and stand out more against their mid-major peers.
    I tread lightly when these teams are playing top25 schools. Here's a quick look at what happened last season when ranked schools faced unranked mid-major opponents:
    Top 10: 5-2 ATS
    Top 25: 10-9 ATS

Not the greatest of returns had you been taking week 1 mid-major dogs. I'm just saying tread lightly when playing these school the first 3 weeks.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

Nebraska -19.5 - I played this at -17 a couple weeks ago. Seems like ras released it as im told as a play and it moved to 19.5.

I can see Nebraska having the line covered at the half and cruising to a easy cover.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

whatever you do do not bet this i graduated from texas state last decemeber and that team was awful in D2 last year

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    whatever you do do not bet this i graduated from texas state last decemeber and that team was awful in D2 last year
    We played Texas State in 2009, we thought we were going to kill them, but got too careless and they pulled within 35-21 and had the ball inside our 10 yard line with a chance to make it 35-28 but we intercepted them in the end zone and ended up winning 56-21

But that was 3 years ago.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Rutgers -20 / Tulane

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diveoregon View Post
    I agree, there is loads of money to be made in mid-major conferences. Especially with the regressions I was discussing earlier. This is especially true when they begin their conference schedules, as top tier players are less concentrated, and stand out more against their mid-major peers.
    I tread lightly when these teams are playing top25 schools. Here's a quick look at what happened last season when ranked schools faced unranked mid-major opponents:
    Top 10: 5-2 ATS
    Top 25: 10-9 ATS

Not the greatest of returns had you been taking week 1 mid-major dogs. I'm just saying tread lightly when playing these school the first 3 weeks.
    According to Zcode, history repeats itself 86.5% of the time.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Michigan state -7

thetruth1000
    thetruth1000's Avatar Become A Pro!

what about usc at -40 and lsu at -43, does anyone think they will cover these spreads?

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by thetruth1000 View Post
    what about usc at -40 and lsu at -43, does anyone think they will cover these spreads?
    No on both

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vanderbilt+7

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Vanderbilt+7
    I'm actually on the other side of this one - I've been following this line like a creeper over the past few weeks, the u46 especially...I think that's an easy cover for the gamecocks on both the spread and the under. I know a ton is being said about Vandy being a "dark-horse" in the SEC this year but I still think the ol' ball coach's defense will do just enough to shut all that pre season hype up at least for another week.

Counterfeit Cash

As for my strongest pick - as it stands it has to be Michigan St. (currently at -6 1/2) over Boise St.

Kellen Moore gone, next to no returning starters on defense, and only at 6 1/2? MSU could cover 10+ if they wanted to in this game I imagine.

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

reverend
    reverend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

What is the thinking behind the UCLA/Rice game? I can't get a good read on that one...?

I want to lean UCLA with Rice losing their QB and RB and only returning 10 starters vs 16 starters for UCLA, and I want to think Mora will want to put on a good show in his first game, but something about playing at Rice has be hesitating...

Thoughts?

Counterfeit Cash

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    What is the thinking behind the UCLA/Rice game? I can't get a good read on that one...?

I want to lean UCLA with Rice losing their QB and RB and only returning 10 starters vs 16 starters for UCLA, and I want to think Mora will want to put on a good show in his first game, but something about playing at Rice has be hesitating...

Thoughts?
    IMO, 15 1/2 is about right and I tend to think that line may move a bit more still - you are right on about Mora wanting to make a great 1st impression so I think the spread is pretty solid. Rice was middle of the road with veteran starting QB & RB, I doubt they will actually improve losing them.

Only thing I'd be bothered with is UCLA's defense...but I still see them winning pretty handily. GL

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

i like minnesota -11 over unlv.......unlv sucks

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

N Ill +10, they might win S/U

Iowas tank is empty, and the Total moved down 4 points in about 2 minutes this morning - never saw anything like it, you have to take the dog with a line move like that.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

I do like MichSt -6.5, BUT so does everyone else in the world and for all of the same reasons. That scares me more than a dirty nuke on Wall St.

tobydicesare
    tobydicesare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

UCF on the ML is the way to go if you can afford it....maybe 50k to win 2k, not a bad idea....as far as points go...Ill leave that alone...Moneyline is the only way to go.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by kfranz31 View Post
    i like minnesota -11 over unlv.......unlv sucks
    Where did you get that horrible line? Minnesota -8.5 right now on Bookmaker. Gophers are awful as well and will be cellar dwellers. RAS likes them though.

Nathorp4
    Nathorp4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Minn has a great qb no one knows minn wins

Nathorp4
    Nathorp4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

3 game teaser 10 pt. under 56 in Carolina vandy. Minnesota +1 eastern mich +14

noles79
    noles79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

sc -7 and oklahoma -30.5

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Washington on the ML is the way to go maybe 110k to win 20k if you can afford it

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

bama -12.5 vs michigan they will cover that in 1st qtr

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Mich St. -6.5

KnowingNothing
    KnowingNothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Love Louisiana Tech +7.5

Gotta go with experience in this case.

seb_boi_96
    seb_boi_96's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Vandy getting too much love!

South Carolina -7 over Vandy
    why does everyone like Vandy so much against the gamecocks...
    to me this game is close the first half but a blow out in the second half, vandy has nowhere near the talent of USC and the D-line of USC is gonna eat the Vandy o-line up. I see USC pulling away in the 3rd quarter and never looking back. USC wins easily by 14+ and Vandy gets brought back to reality. just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by seb_boi_96; 08-26-12 at 09:11 AM. Reason: weekly pick

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favorite play to begin the season: STANFORD for the reasons I posted in my thread starter. Good luck to you all, enjoy the strolls to the pay window!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

just let it begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Vanderbilt+7

First 123 Last