will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

2012 Puts Derek Jeter in Elite Status

He's a clutch performer, 5 time champ, we know all of that. You can't look at his RBI's due to his spot in the lineup but this season has propelled Derek Jeter from a 1st ballot great Yankee to one of the all-time greats of baseball. The man is 38 years old and isn't letting up. He's improved his power and sporting a .326 batting average. That's damn impressive!

He's managed to not lose a step where others have lost a step or injured like AROD.

Not only that, steroids are the farthest thought that comes to mind when thinking of Jeter. He wants to play another few years!!!!. If he keeps up this pace, the all time hit record or at least 4000 hits will go down. Think about it, Jeter is going to hit 200 hits this season at 38 1/2 years old!

I know that it's so exciting to see young superstars like Mike Trout but lets not forget the Captain!

It's a perfect career. This season is no fluke. Jeter has had 150 hits in 15 seasons. Only one other player has accomplished this.

Where Derek Jeter ranks on the all time greats is unknown but if he could put up a .310 average for the next 3 seasons, he's near the top of the list.

Any opinions? No bashing, please. The guy is defying age and is hitting .326 with clutch hits. Who knows? He could win a 6th championship. What's your thoughts? thanks

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I'd like him more if he realized he was a defensive liability and let the Yankees move him somewhere else but SS, the most important defensive position on the damn field.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

ya jeters awesome we all know that! thats why he gets paid the big bux

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

really amazing year....

I'm the first to say he is way OVER-RATED in general, but this year despite his great numbers he seems to have been swept down to under-rated status.

no matter what he had a great great career, no denying that....

perfect career?????? well I guess some people still over-rate him

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Weak defensively

Hits into DP all the time

Has whooping cough

Marbles in mouth

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Nope. Mulatto.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Consummate Professional

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

You see what im saying? First at bat of the game. Jeter home run!!!!! How fitting is this thread?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    You see what im saying? First at bat of the game. Jeter home run!!!!! How fitting is this thread?
    Jeter gives up more infield singles than anyone in the league. And no, that isn't because his range is fantastic.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

5 time champ
    Yep he Pitched, Hit, and caught every ball in all the world series.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

He's a 5 time winner. As clutch as they come. If I wanted someone to come through in a game for me, it would be DEREK SANDERSON JETER. ----Is that crystal clear enough for you? The guy is dedicated to his team. He's not labeled captain because he's a loser. You want to know what I'm really thinking? I think Jeter has the all-time hit record in his sites and won't stop until he get's it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

guy is the 2nd greatest to ever play... 2nd only to Mike Trout
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    guy is the 2nd greatest to ever play... 2nd only to Mike Trout

--you sure know how to lighten up a mood. Hell, I'm old enough (41 in October and look about 28-30) to be Iron Mikes daddy. I visited the Angels in 2002 right before they were good. The tickets were 23.00 for box seats. Little did I know that the rally monkey inb that July 4th game would get the Angels to a World Series Title. Trout was 10 years old--haha. Nothing around the stadium expect for the hockey rink and Disneyland. Was an awesome vacation. Those Californians know how to have fun. They'd hit a beach ball around. If it was in Yankee Stadium, the beachball would be popped

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Jeter def did his part.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Interesting thing about Derek Jeter is that he has never won an MVP nor a batting title in his career yet people always talk about him like he has done both.

Wanna Know What Makes Derek Jeter So Great?

Basically he stabilizes the team. Jeter is Mr. Consistency. He stays calm, cool and leads. Guy has always been a grinder too. Jeter comes to the ballpark and gets his two hits, run scored/SB....day in and day out for the last 16 years. It's his intangibles that make him so special. He's not the best at any one thing, nor was he ever, but he is probably the most WELL ROUNDED player the game has or will ever see.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

The Yes Channel just put a stat of 4 guys that Jeter was tied with for home runs and bam, he's not tied anymore---So Jeter-like. The hero again, so clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Jeter will go down as the best yankee ever.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Jeter will go down as the best yankee ever.

not even the best Yankee for this era

that goes to Mariano

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I'd like him more if he realized he was a defensive liability and let the Yankees move him somewhere else but SS, the most important defensive position on the damn field.
    no other SS at age 38 was even close to the player jeter is. guy has a chance to end up with 4000 hits too and has never done steroids. also is a strong leader in clubhouse and has more respect than anyone else in the game today. chipper jones would be second

as a cubs fan you should pray that starlin castro has half the career jeter has.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive