SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Romney pays a low rate because his taxes are mostly capitol gains and dividends which are taxed at 15% and muni bonds which are taxed at 0%. The Dem's have tried to raise these rates over the years but always fail. These low rates encourage investment and helps companies finance growth. Paying a low tax rate is not evil it simply means a guy has a lot of mostly conservative income investments.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Romney pays a low rate because his taxes are mostly capitol gains and dividends which are taxed at 15% and muni bonds which are taxed at 0%. The Dem's have tried to raise these rates over the years but always fail. These low rates encourage investment and helps companies finance growth. Paying a low tax rate is not evil it simply means a guy has a lot of mostly conservative income investments.
    We've been doing this for 30+ years and the middle class keeps losing ground and the wealthy keep getting more wealthy. I'm not buying the "it encourages investment" argument. I did when it was first presented but I seriously think it's a failed experiment.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Obama voters were a traitorous disgrace the first time they voted for him

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

andywend nailing it as usual

meanwhile, MoneyLineDawg w/ more disastrous posts... we gots to make sheet equal an sheet. I'z wantz to suck a black dick for dieversity's sake an sheet, says MLD

Aw yeah.... an sheet! Dass wuzz I'm talkin' bout, gnome what I'm sayin'? AN SHEEET!!!

Cuz diss is MoneyLineDawg.... less giss more Osama in dee Whitey House... AN SHEET!!!

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    Obama voters were a traitorous disgrace the first time they voted for him
    God bless you, sir.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

from a poster on an opinion article on yahoo finance, expresses my view points.

Michael Raleigh
    said:

On the one hand we could go back to the failed conservative policies that made this country less safe by embracing dictators that stole billions from their people, that used our young as cannon fodder, that used so called patriotism as a weapon against those who disagreed and who champion economic policies that over the past 30 years have left the middle and working classes poorer while allowing the rich the ability to siphon off more of our countries wealth. Or we could continue to allow the current President to fix the problems conservatives have created over the past 30 years by pursuing policies that strengthen the middle class and working poor such as by providing affordable health care, by requiring the wealthy to pay their fair share, by standing by the values that made this country great and exporting those values to other nations to strengthen our national defense without the need to put our young in harms way. This is an important election and I only hope that people realize that it takes more than 4 years to correct the failed conservative policies that brought us to the brink in 2009.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    andywend nailing it as usual

meanwhile, MoneyLineDawg w/ more disastrous posts... we gots to make sheet equal an sheet. I'z wantz to suck a black dick for dieversity's sake an sheet, says MLD

Aw yeah.... an sheet! Dass wuzz I'm talkin' bout, gnome what I'm sayin'? AN SHEEET!!!

Cuz diss is MoneyLineDawg.... less giss more Osama in dee Whitey House... AN SHEET!!!
    You talking wigger?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    This is an important election and I only hope that people realize that it takes more than 4 years to correct the failed conservative policies that brought us to the brink in 2009.
    When will people realize it will take about 5 years before we realize the greatness of Cash-For-Clunkers?

rKelly - Obama has blown out and permanized food stamps to a degree that food retailers market to EBT (electronic benefit transfers) purchase powers.

He has directly taken the stigma out of "food stamps" (from actual stamps to snazzy CC) so that as many Americans as possible can get "free food".

Well, it's not f*cking free.

And the damage its done is incalculable. Because this "safety net" has become a birthright, an entitlement.

President Assclown can't get voted out of office soon enough.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

This is an important election and I only hope that people realize that it takes more than 4 years to correct the failed conservative policies that brought us to the brink in 2009.
    I agree. Two fukking wars that costs I don`t even know how many lives on all sides. And the cash? Got damn we are fukking broke because of those wars.
    My prediction for football season is a strike by Isreal on Iran. If my crystal ball is anywhere near correct, we are somewhat totally fukked in the very near future. Whether it be war, financial collapse or the continuation of prohibition on weed.
    Make the best of it men by loving your family the best you can while we can, because if you think America is going to continue to look like it does for any length of time, I am afraid that you are wrong.
    Now get off your ass, grab your favorite beverage, lover, family or friend, and light up a big fat joint.
    Good day.

rkelly110

Shea, it's funny, because what if you were on the other side of the fence? Should the govt just ignore you and leave you on your own? All that money you paid in taxes, you don't think you deserve some of that in your time of need?

Putting govt assistance on EBT cards is a huge savings to us tax payers. Everything is done electronically.

You guys bitch about the govt should only protect, well keeping people alive with money until they get on their feet
    IS protecting.

I hope you're not right Pittsburgh. I don't want my football interrupted.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Reagan didn't need 4 years to correct a much worse problem.

Obama and the dems just can't admit their "stimulus" attempt failed. Blaming Bush 4 years later when they have absolutely no plan is just sad. Basically their plan is to blame Bush and when that wears off blame the republicans who by the way were elected by the people to stop all this runaway tax and spend policies.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obama and the dems just can't admit their "stimulus" attempt failed.
    1/3 of the agreed upon "stimulus" was tax cuts.

Tully Mars 63

Obama and the dems just can't admit their "stimulus" attempt failed. Blaming Bush 4 years later when they have absolutely no plan is just sad. Basically their plan is to blame Bush and when that wears off blame the republicans who by the way were elected by the people to stop all this runaway tax and spend policies.

Reagan didn't walk into the size of mess Obama did and the dems worked with him to help solve the problems. Solving the problems included raising taxes. The current GOP in congress have acted like a bunch of little babies, their answer to everything that might help is "nope."

And Obama and Mitt both have plans. With Romney you just don't get to see the plan until you elect him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

Tully Mars 63

Shea, it's funny, because what if you were on the other side of the fence? Should the govt just ignore you and leave you on your own? All that money you paid in taxes, you don't think you deserve some of that in your time of need?

Putting govt assistance on EBT cards is a huge savings to us tax payers. Everything is done electronically.

You guys bitch about the govt should only protect, well keeping people alive with money until they get on their feet
    IS protecting.

I hope you're not right Pittsburgh. I don't want my football interrupted.
    I just got an e-mail from one of my favorite right wing nuts, seriously the guys a blast to dive with or fish with, just doesn't know jack about history. He forwarded me an e-mail detailing how Obama changed the SNAP program to EBT cards to make it easier for welfare living lazy people to get their free money. Of course that's horseshit. Every state has been using EBT cards for SNAP since 2004 and it's done to lower the cost of the program to the tax payers.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I just got an e-mail from one of my favorite right wing nuts, seriously the guys a blast to dive with or fish with, just doesn't know jack about history. He forwarded me an e-mail detailing how Obama changed the SNAP program to EBT cards to make it easier for welfare living lazy people to get their free money. Of course that's horseshit. Every state has been using EBT cards for SNAP since 2004 and it's done to lower the cost of the program to the tax payers.
    EBT has skyrocketed in the Obama era.

This is not a safety net:

It's being transformed into a direct entitlement.

The scam used to be : use food stamps to buy food and then trade food for $. Thing is, it was too much of a pain in the ass to pull off to make it a universal scam - so a much higher percentage of food stamps was being used the way it was intended. Not perfect, but it's been an acceptable for decades.

Now the government cut out the BS and gives straight cash. The government has programs that promote EBT cards. And guess what? EBT is its own market - probably everyone here has seen stores with "We accept EBT" on the front door. The "we accept food stamps" sign used to be more discreet - and not part of marketing, either on a federal or a local level.

What the f*ck part of "Hope and Change" is that? And EBT is only the tip of the iceberg. How about skyrocketing disability benefits? Total scam.

And Obamacare makes health insurance so difficult for the small business to provide employees that they a) hire consultants that b) slough off into to Obamacare programs for health insurance.

So what's accomplished? A massive governmental department in healthcare with a shittier workforce that doesn't take a hit in the unemployment rate (except that Obama never realized his retarded tactics are so anti-business that they have the option not to hire or even take on new ventures - hence such high rates of unemployment, out-of-work force unemployment, and underemployment that it's doomed his re-election.)

This bullsh*t ends in November.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 11:14 AM.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I can't in good conscience endorse preferential taxation of investment income. The idea that it promotes savings and investment is ridiculous. The vast majority of middle class Americans have only 2 forms of savings: their 401k and their homes. Neither of these things is currently taxable. As far as banks and such they get their money from the Fed.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

The notion that the stimulus failed is not credible. When it passed, the economy was in a state of full on collapse. Now it is not. The only thing Obama is guilty of is failing to grasp the magnitude of Bush's failure. At the time ARRA was being crafted Q12009, the estimates for GDP in Q32008 and Q42008 were -0.9% and -3.9% respectively. The real numbers which came out after ARRA passed were -3.8% and -9.3% for Q3 and Q4 2008. That's almost triple the damage to the economy than was originally expected.

For all the huffing about how the stimulus was supposed to keep unemployment below 8% or whatever, it never even had a chance because unemployment was *already* above 8% when it first was passed.

Besides, its common sense. You can't make money by *not* buying anything! I bet half of you people are also talking crap about young people for not buying cars. I could really use a new car, but I can't afford one, so I make do with what I've got now. I *cut my spending* so how many jobs did I create?

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    EBT has skyrocketed in the Obama era.

This is not a safety net:

It's being transformed into a direct entitlement.

The scam used to be : use food stamps to buy food and then trade food for $. Thing is, it was too much of a pain in the ass to pull off to make it a universal scam - so a much higher percentage of food stamps was being used the way it was intended. Not perfect, but it's been an acceptable for decades.

Now the government cut out the BS and gives straight cash. The government has programs that promote EBT cards. And guess what? EBT is its own market - probably everyone here has seen stores with "We accept EBT" on the front door. The "we accept food stamps" sign used to be more discreet - and not part of marketing, either on a federal or a local level.

What the f*ck part of "Hope and Change" is that? And EBT is only the tip of the iceberg. How about skyrocketing disability benefits? Total scam.

And Obamacare makes health insurance so difficult for the small business to provide employees that they a) hire consultants that b) slough off into to Obamacare programs for health insurance.

So what's accomplished? A massive governmental department in healthcare with a shittier workforce that doesn't take a hit in the unemployment rate (except that Obama never realized his retarded tactics are so anti-business that they have the option not to hire or even take on new ventures - hence such high rates of unemployment, out-of-work force unemployment, and underemployment that it's doomed his re-election.)
    Nice link. One and a half paragraphs of misinformation. EBT cards can be used in food stores only to buy food or seeds to grow food. When you use the card it automatically rejects any items that do not qualify under the program and it deducts any sales tax from your purchase. Here's the official site that details how to qualify for, obtain and use a EBT. You can not buy "hot" food with it. I've been behind people in line who've tried to buy deli items like chicken and the cashier has had to explain the card won't allow them to buy such items and if they want the item they have to pay for it another way, such as cash.

This bullsh*t ends in November.
    Best of luck with that.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 11:14 AM.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    The only thing Obama is guilty of is failing to grasp the magnitude of Bush's failure.
    Republican bad! Democrat good!

Orwell wrote about guys like you in Animal Farm.

Obama failed so hard he ain't getting a second term. Someone in this thread praised Nobel Peace Prize winning Obama for being a peacemaker to Bush's war machine.

To that I say... what?

Iraq - Obama let it run its course. He "ended it" once it was already over.

Afghanistan - Obama escalated this war and with it American casulties. It rages on today (but there's no protests... not a single newspaper or broadcast calls Afghanistan a "quagmire" - remember that word? It fell off the radar in 2009)

Libya? Drone warfare? Kill lists? Patriot Act? Aren't liberals supposed to despise these things? Or is it more a case that Democrats willingly accept them depending on who's in office?

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23741

Republicans, tough on gamblers.....
    Still anything is better, than Obama, even Bush,
    now I have to go and wash my mouth out.

ByeShea

You'd think that with The Program Formerly Known as Food Stamps being up 90% in the past three years (just google news search "electronic benefits transfer" and you'll see that in the past 2 weeks or so local papers (from Maine to California to Minnesota and the South) all put "Farmers markets now accepting EBT cards" ... as if farmers markets one by one over the past 2 weeks got that idea in their heads. And as if local reporters were all on hand to observe it.

The government does a good enough job pimping out electronic-food stamps. It sure doesn't need you posting its links. Thanks anyway, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    Best of luck with that.
    First remember that Romney has been outraising Obama since the spring.

Now remember that Romney can't spend the money until after Labor Day - then the beast is released. He has a serious war chest advantage.

And now remember that to date Obama has spent a ton of money on negative advertising in "swing" states - and all it's done is kept the race close.

Now read this: New Polling Number On Jobs Is An Absolute Nightmare For Obama
    http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-jobs-plan-create-romney-economy-2012-8
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 11:15 AM.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
    I beg you differ!!!
    Our liberal governor of Washington State made offshore wagering a class C felony. No more Fed Ex shipping from books to our State. Some books have closed accounts with those from
    Washington State. So no don't balame it on the republicans. It is also the balame game.

Balco10

Many are going to see the Movie 2016 and changing their minds on Obama. I challegne all Libs to see this movie.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Romney was born in mexico, he is a mexican

Tully Mars 63

You'd think that with The Program Formerly Known as Food Stamps being up 90% in the past three years (just google news search "electronic benefits transfer" and you'll see that in the past 2 weeks or so local papers (from Maine to California to Minnesota and the South) all put "Farmers markets now accepting EBT cards" ... as if farmers markets one by one over the past 2 weeks got that idea in their heads. And as if local reporters were all on hand to observe it.

The government does a good enough job pimping out electronic-food stamps. It sure doesn't need you posting its links. Thanks anyway, though.
    I fail to see a problem with farmers markets accepting EBT. Fresh, healthy, uncooked food is a way better option then nukable pizza rolls.

First remember that Romney has been outraising Obama since the spring.

Now remember that Romney can't spend the money until after Labor Day - then the beast is released. He has a serious war chest advantage.

And now remember that to date Obama has spent a ton of money on negative advertising in "swing" states - and all it's done is kept the race close.
    Romeny's friends money may make a difference and it may not. I highly suspect in many swing states both teams will reach market saturation and voters will simply tune out the ads. But he might make up some ground. He needs to improve his likeability numbers big time. The average US voter votes for a POTUS the same way they did their HS class president. Many people didn't like Bush Jr. foreign policies or even his handling of the economy yet voted for him because they preferred him to Kerry. They simply could see themselves sitting down to a beer with Bush and not Kerry. They thought Kerry was a rich, French speaking guy who was out of touch with the average Joe. Any of that sound familiar?

Now read this: New Polling Number On Jobs Is An Absolute Nightmare For Obama
    http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-jobs-plan-create-romney-economy-2012-8
    Now read this-

Again best of luck.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Many are going to see the Movie 2016 and changing their minds on Obama. I challegne all Libs to see this movie.

The number of liberals who see this movie and change their views regrading this election will be no greater then the number of conservatives who saw Fahrenheit 9-11 and voted for Kerry due to what they saw.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Boys embarrassing

Balco10

See the movie 2016 and then decide!

Balco10

Young boys here are brainwashed by their liberal teaching. 98% of teachers are liberal.

Balco10

My kids are 5 and 8 and already know Reagen was one of the best.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
    LOL good post.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    The notion that the stimulus failed is not credible. When it passed, the economy was in a state of full on collapse. Now it is not. The only thing Obama is guilty of is failing to grasp the magnitude of Bush's failure. At the time ARRA was being crafted Q12009, the estimates for GDP in Q32008 and Q42008 were -0.9% and -3.9% respectively. The real numbers which came out after ARRA passed were -3.8% and -9.3% for Q3 and Q4 2008. That's almost triple the damage to the economy than was originally expected.

For all the huffing about how the stimulus was supposed to keep unemployment below 8% or whatever, it never even had a chance because unemployment was *already* above 8% when it first was passed.

Besides, its common sense. You can't make money by *not* buying anything! I bet half of you people are also talking crap about young people for not buying cars. I could really use a new car, but I can't afford one, so I make do with what I've got now. I *cut my spending* so how many jobs did I create?
    FACTS? There's no facts in politics! It's whoever is the best bullshitter.

Good job agharah. Maybe make a huge sign and take it to the Repuke convention.

First ... 2345