PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

When do the Redskins realize that Cousins > Griffin III

Just unreal. Cousins was a steal. RG3 will be a bust. Guess the date Cousins starts starting games.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

And you say your not racist?

He would never be able to do that vs a 1st string D...................

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cousins sucks.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I wouldn't go that far. Bears 1st string D instead of Bears 3rd stringers is a big difference. I think Cousins will be that perfect backup QB. He'll know the playbook better than the starter and work harder, but he just doesn't have the god given talent. We'll see who knows. I would love an RG3 bust though.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    And you say your not racist?

He would never be able to do that vs a 1st string D...................
    I'm not even slightly racist. But this running QB garbage has NEVER won a super bowl and there is a very good reason for it.

Griffin looks just as fragile as Vick, just taller, which means he is going to get chopped down constantly. Leg injuries galore for this guy, and his passing isn't that precise either. What makes you think this guy is a quarterback that can get it done? Seriously.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Bears 1st string D instead of Bears 3rd stringers is a big difference. I think Cousins will be that perfect backup QB. He'll know the playbook better than the starter and work harder, but he just doesn't have the god given talent. We'll see who knows. I would love an RG3 bust though.
    Not to compare the two, but Tom Brady 'didn't have the talent' either.

Cousins is a much better passer than Griffin and that'll never change. Passing QBs win super bowls. Not Vicks. Not Griffins.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post

I'm not even slightly racist. But this running QB garbage has NEVER won a super bowl and there is a very good reason for it.

Griffin looks just as fragile as Vick, just taller, which means he is going to get chopped down constantly. Leg injuries galore for this guy, and his passing isn't that precise either. What makes you think this guy is a quarterback that can get it done? Seriously.
    true but you are clearly exaggerating with your cousins statement..................

PickWinnerAllDay

true but you are clearly exaggerating with your cousins statement..................
    I'd rather have Cousins under center to give my team the best chance to win. Just how I feel. Lets also not forget that while he was playing against 2nd and 3rd string defenses, he was also throwing to 2nd and 3rd string WRs...

I bet eventually Washington's WRs will be begging for a QB who can throw it to their hands.

The Bet Master

RG3 is a way better passer than cousins. So accurate especially the deep ball. Do you watch preseason every year? As the talent decreases weak offense crushes weak defense kinda like High School.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    RG3 is a way better passer than cousins. So accurate especially the deep ball. Do you watch preseason every year? As the talent decreases weak offense crushes weak defense kinda like High School.
    Campbell couldn't do as much against the 2nd string.

And the other 2 guys the Bears ran out there did jack shit vs the 3rd string. It is still football.

The Bet Master

Campbell couldn't do as much against the 2nd string.

And the other 2 guys the Bears ran out there did jack shit vs the 3rd string. It is still football.
    Brock Osweiler was 4-7 for 38 yards and a TD against the bears last week. That's all you need to know.

PickWinnerAllDay

RG3 will get hurt inevitably, or just under perform and then the reins will be handed to Cousins. It is a lock.

The Bet Master

Performance related wouldn't happen until the mid 2013 season at the very earliest.

PickWinnerAllDay

Performance related wouldn't happen until the mid 2013 season at the very earliest.
    Maybe because of the situation in Washington DC.... but most likely thing is RG3 scrambles too much, gets hurt b/c he is breakable, Cousins plays well and RG3 bench.

Resler

Remember when people where questioning whether RG3 should get drafted ahead of Luck, hahahaha!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

But this running QB garbage has NEVER won a super bowl and there is a very good reason for it.

who is steve young, alex?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Cousins only looked good against 2nd and 3rd string teams.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Steve young only ran when all else failed,steve young was the Complete QB,he shattered the all time passing TD record in the Superbowl that still stands....................

Most Touchdown Passes, Game
    6 Steve Young, San Francisco vs. San Diego, XXIX
    5 Joe Montana, San Francisco vs. Denver, XXIV
    4 Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh vs. Dallas, XIII
    Doug Williams, Washington vs. Denver, XXII
    Troy Aikman, Dallas vs. Buffalo, XXVII

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Have you watched the Big 12 every year?

There was nothing truly remarkable about RG3's somewhat brief collegiate career. QBs put up numbers like he did every year. The defenses in that conference stunk and if you've been a HC in the Big12 and your QB hasn't been throwing 2 or 3 TD passes a game or more, you're taking a closer look at your backup. (I think Big 12's days are numbered ... not sure what the deal is. I'll miss it, to be honest)

Bottom line: HE never elevated his game to beat a superior squad. He was even the 2nd best QB on the field in his last collegiate game. (some bowl game ... the other guy was phenomenal, RG3 game managed beautifully, but he was not even beating a top 20 NCAA defense let alone, an NFL defense - the kind he is going to face 16 times this year).

Washington was fuggin' moronic to move heaven and earth to get a hyped QB. RG3 was nothing more (and nothing less) than a top 5 QB from his class of players going to the draft.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Before his time, too young to remember

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I don't like either of them Rex Grossman should start

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Have you watched the Big 12 every year?

There was nothing truly remarkable about RG3's somewhat brief collegiate career. QBs put up numbers like he did every year. The defenses in that conference stunk and if you've been a HC in the Big12 and your QB hasn't been throwing 2 or 3 TD passes a game or more, you're taking a closer look at your backup. (I think Big 12's days are numbered ... not sure what the deal is. I'll miss it, to be honest)

Bottom line: HE never elevated his game to beat a superior squad. He was even the 2nd best QB on the field in his last collegiate game. (some bowl game ... the other guy was phenomenal, RG3 game managed beautifully, but he was not even beating a top 20 NCAA defense let alone, an NFL defense - the kind he is going to face 16 times this year).

Washington was fuggin' moronic to move heaven and earth to get a hyped QB. RG3 was nothing more (and nothing less) than a top 5 QB from his class of players going to the draft.
    Really? How about the Oklahoma game last year?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It is not just that the defenses were bad but his receivers were so good, Baylor had better wideouts than the Redskins, and now the dbacks are 15 times better. I actually though Griffin was very underrated early in his career when they said 7th round or will have to change positions, but he was a horrible pick should of gone 2nd round or so,

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Cousins won't be anything in this league not even a back up.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

if cousins was black, this thread wouldnt exist.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Really? How about the Oklahoma game last year?
    Lots of Big 12 teams were scoring against Oklahoma last year.

But the only defense in the Big 12 last year was Oklahoma State's.

Have a look at the box score when Ok St. beat Baylor 59-21. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313020197

BAY 0 0 3 21 24
    #3 OKST 21 14 14 10 59

Did he have an off day? Maybe. Or maybe the defense was too much for his O. But RG3 didn't even factor in that game. It was the one game he faced a defense and his offense couldn't even answer the bell.

My point isn't that he's no good. It's that a) he probably isn't the second coming of Jesus and b) he didn't play enough college football to warrant being drafted like he was.

I believe expectations are too high and it won't help him in the short term.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Steve young only ran when all else failed,steve young was the Complete QB,he shattered the all time passing TD record in the Superbowl that still stands....................

well you might be 50% right...first off he didnt just run "when all else failed"....he has more rushing td's than any qb in nfl history and 3rd all time in rushing yards....a guy doesnt just fall into that

he's certainly considered one of the great passers of all time...but he also had IMO the best football player ever to throw the ball to and a relatively new style of offense at the time that couldn't be stopped by just about anyone let alone the shitty chargers who were the worst super bowl team of all time....but either way you cant say young was too good to be considered a running qb....because he still was

anyway i can promise that the skins are hoping that they've gotten a poor man's steve young more than a michael vick style guy in griffin

Resler

I think Aaron Rodgers is a great example of a Steve Young type QB. He is fast and can run often and does, but looks to throw first and runs to throw. I am not going to say RG3 will bust yet, or that Cousins is better, but I definitely would always choose a Andrew Luck type QB over an RG3 style all day.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6101

Babe Laufenberg

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    I think Aaron Rodgers is a great example of a Steve Young type QB. He is fast and can run often and does, but looks to throw first and runs to throw. I am not going to say RG3 will bust yet, or that Cousins is better, but I definitely would always choose a Andrew Luck type QB over an RG3 style all day.
    I guess you didn't watch much Steve young

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

There is a big difference in the play of Steve Young when he first took over the 49ers starting job and when he became great. Early on he ran a lot. If his number 1 wr was covered he took off. After they coached him up and he had many starts under his belt, he learned to read through his progressions before he took off and continue to look down field as he was leaving the pocket. This is what elevated his game and made him great.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    There is a big difference in the play of Steve Young when he first took over the 49ers starting job and when he became great. Early on he ran a lot. If his number 1 wr was covered he took off. After they coached him up and he had many starts under his belt, he learned to read through his progressions before he took off and continue to look down field as he was leaving the pocket. This is what elevated his game and made him great.
    I never said it was dumb for a QB to run. Rodgers runs pretty often. But he still kills teams with his arm. You need a QB to kill teams with his arm. Is Griffin really capable of doing that? Is he?

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

LOL

PickWinnerAllDay

Every time race comes up in a QB argument, Doug Williams is mentioned. A back up QB that got the chance to play in the super bowl.

A guy with a career record in the league under .500...

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Just unreal. Cousins was a steal. RG3 will be a bust. Guess the date Cousins starts starting games.
    Edmonton Eskimos 2013 season my guess

12 Last