Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I'm still laughing... I have tears in my eyes. A 360 between the leg dunk? Lolololol

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Baseball is only skill, there is no athleticism involved in the game.
    then why do they take steroids

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

That's why making the majors is the easiest sport to make in the world. Right?

the NBA is the most select sports organization in the world. With roughly 400 players in the world. How many guys play in the MLB?

Guys drink beer and eat hot dogs during games in MLB. Oh yieah, and smoke, and chew tobacco. NBA players can't even eat a fukkin doughnut during the season without hearing it from his trainer.

Get a fukkin clue.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    return andy roddicks serve
    hit aroldis chapmans 101mph fastball
    throw 101 mph fastball
    If that was the case Roddick would never lose..
    1. Horse winning triple crown
    2. Throwing a perfect game
    3. Getting really good at golf, ive played since i was 7 still terrible at it.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    then why do they take steroids
    To crack the ball. A lot of those guys are very strong Steel Rain, don't get me wrong. Their is a lot of skill and strength involved in cracking homeruns off 95 mph balls. But you see the way they run the bases? A NFL or NBA player would be halfway to 2nd base by the time Cabrera from DET is rounding first base.

There are some that are athletic but their endurance is terrible because they fukkin chew and drink and eat dogs and are eating fukkin sunflower seeds while standing in the outfield or waiting for a pitch. Ha. What game is more laid back than chillin on sunflower seeds, running down a ball every now and then and tossing it to a baseman.

Terrible.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

archie is right

Baseball is only skill, there is no athleticism involved in the game. You don't need to work out, you don't need to run, it doesn't matter what % body fat you are, it doesn't matter how high you jump. The game is a joke. If it doesn't combine both athleticism and skill then it's at the bottom of sports and that's why baseball rating are going down, my friends.

Gold involves no athleticism. Only skill.

Try doing a 360 under the legs dunk. How many can do it? There are millions on earth that can hit a 95 mph fastball....

Try hitting a clean winner against Federer or Nadal. No chance.

There's not even any mental involved in the baseball game. Not like the pressure you are under if you're a tennis or golf player or quarterback. The things you have to read at the line.
    You cant be serious.

The only valid point here, and you dont even really make it is that it requires a ton of skill.

Take a 6'9 super athletic guy and put him on the basketball court and most likely he will at least be relatively useful to an extent.

Do the same in baseball and he might not ever make contact.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

That's why making the majors is the easiest sport to make in the world. Right?

the NBA is the most select sports organization in the world. With roughly 400 players in the world. How many guys play in the MLB?

Guys drink beer and eat hot dogs during games in MLB. Oh yieah, and smoke, and chew tobacco. NBA players can't even eat a fukkin doughnut during the season without hearing it from his trainer.

Get a fukkin clue.
    Judging by what you've said thus far I think I might be arguing with a r3tarded 12 year old foreigner. So I'll be happy to oblige...

So when you say that it's the easiest sport to turn pro do you realize how stupid that sounds? Like just anybody can get a multi million dollar contract. No big deal... It's just baseball. It's easy. What information do you have that supports its the easiest sport in the world to turn pro? Where's the data? Or is that just your dumbfuk opinion? I think we both know the answer.

The NBA has a smaller roster because they only have 5 guys on the court, genius. Do you even know how many players are on a baseball field?

And as far as your last comment... Yah, we just see players smoking in the dug out and sharing hot dogs all the time. You're right about the doughnut comment... I'll give you that. No NBA player has ever had a doughnut during the regular season. It's a very well known fact. I'll give you some points there. They do drugs and drink but no doughnuts.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

again there is a big difference between sports like golf, billiards, darts, skeet shooting, baseball ect...

as you don't HAVE to be be born with very good genetics to become a PRO...... 99.9999999% of the time like you do for football and basketball.

if you are born 5'7 or under you have like 3 NBA and 25 NFL players in history that have gone before you to look up to.

so it becomes an issue of not just athleticism and skill but being born with the right kind of body.

Baseball players for the most part ARE great athletes, YES

but you don't have to be born with a certain build.

the other side of the coin is that even being a GREAT FREAK raw athlete doesn't mean you can learn the skills to play pro ball.

even great school boy # 1 picks sometimes take up to 5-6 years of minor league ball to master all the skills they need to play at the MLB level.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Judging by what you've said thus far I think I might be arguing with a r3tarded 12 year old foreigner. So I'll be happy to oblige...

So when you say that it's the easiest sport to turn pro do you realize how stupid that sounds? Like just anybody can get a multi million dollar contract. No big deal... It's just baseball. It's easy. What information do you have that supports its the easiest sport in the world to turn pro? Where's the data? Or is that just your dumbfuk opinion? I think we both know the answer.

The NBA has a smaller roster because they only have 5 guys on the court, genius. Do you even know how many players are on a baseball field?

And as far as your last comment... Yah, we just see players smoking in the dug out and sharing hot dogs all the time. You're right about the doughnut comment... I'll give you that. No NBA player has ever had a doughnut during the regular season. It's a very well known fact. I'll give you some points there. They do drugs and drink but no doughnuts.

each organization pays almost 300 players to play ball (professional) each year

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah the do-nut comment was pretty dumb Goat

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ya'll dont mind goaty, he thinks he could take a group of nba players and win the superbowl as well...

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

archie is right

Baseball is only skill, there is no athleticism involved in the game. You don't need to work out, you don't need to run, it doesn't matter what % body fat you are, it doesn't matter how high you jump. The game is a joke. If it doesn't combine both athleticism and skill then it's at the bottom of sports and that's why baseball rating are going down, my friends.

Gold involves no athleticism. Only skill.

Try doing a 360 under the legs dunk. How many can do it? There are millions on earth that can hit a 95 mph fastball....

Try hitting a clean winner against Federer or Nadal. No chance.

There's not even any mental involved in the baseball game. Not like the pressure you are under if you're a tennis or golf player or quarterback. The things you have to read at the line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    This idiot's brain has curdled to Goat Cheese.

Goat Milk

It wasn't meant to be taken literally archie.

KRK I don't know I only have 3 friends that are 6'6 and up and none of them are good I basketball. I am 5'11 maybe 6 but they have no chance to hang. They are the most uncoordinated guys. One quick move or sidestep or crossover and these guys are left in the dust.

It's way harder than you think. Most guys at that height lose coordination and that means poor dribbling techniques, poor defensive positions, just sloppiness.........

Mantle,

Yes it is proven that there are way more guys that filter in an out of the MLB than the NBA. You're right the NBA only has 5 starters but it's still the most select sports league in the world. And what's the turnover rate in the NBA compared to other sports? Very very little. Yes I can go and prove all of this but it's fairly obvious. 70% of the guys in the NBA are genetic freaks.

You don't understand how hard it is to be 6'9 and to be able to have a myriad of crossovers, not to mention the balance, strength, speed, endurance, and ability to adjust in mid air when necessary.

Just look at it this way.

Who trains harder, a top 10 MLB player or a top 10 NBA player? It's not even close.

2daBank

1 day goat will find a nba player to blow and his life will finally be complete...

dude thinks it hard to dribble a fukkin basketball

it real easy to be good at hoops bro, be born poor and walk around all day every day with a ball and bam you have a nba player..

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I don't know which comment I like more... The 360 between the leg dunk or the doughnut. Lololol.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    1 day goat will find a nba player to blow and his life will finally be complete...

it real easy to be good at hoops bro, be born poor and walk around all day every day with a ball and bam you have a nba player..

right... cept what if you are 5'6?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    you are correct, there is that very difficult skill of being tall involved, those guys train for years to get that height!..

i trained so hard for so long but i never grew passed 6'1, sux cause im a beast in the post...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

you are correct, there is that very difficult skill of being tall involved, those guys train for years to get that height!..

don't want to split hairs over semantics

but the topic at hand is what is hardest to do in sports,( not what is more skilled) and then the de-volved into which sport is it harder to become pro at.

so its not about effort. but the majority of American born men are BORN with .00000000000000000000000000000000000001 % chance of making the NBA.

so out of the gate its HARDER to make the NBA, because there are certain limitations that you can't overcome.

hell, a dude could be born with 1 hand and make it to MLB

Goat Milk

Read the post. As long as I've been playing, I would get shit on in the NBA. Destroyed. By the way, I can dunk easily at my height.

Is it easy to dribble a ball at 6'9 260 pounds against guys with quick ass hands trying to rip you? No it's not. The taller you get, the harder it is to dribble and crossover at an NBA level. A 6'7 college guy would play with us all the time and run the 2 spot, dribble, cross. If he tried doing that in the NBA he would get ripped in two seconds.

2daBank

don't want to split hairs over semantics

but the topic at hand is what is hardest to do in sports,( not what is more skilled) and then the de-volved into which sport is it harder to become pro at.

so its not about effort. but the majority of American born men are BORN with .00000000000000000000000000000000000001 % chance of making the NBA.

so out of the gate its HARDER to make the NBA, because there are certain limitations that you can't overcome.

hell, a dude could be born with 1 hand and make it to MLB

honestly brother i didnt even read it all, i just saw goaty chime in with his usual "nba players are so awesome" bs and decided to start messing around...

really no arguing that yes it helps being freakishly tall to be a nba player which pretty much excludes most...big difference between freakishly tall and freak athlete tho....plenty of 6 footers in prison that could prob play in nba, i saw several and i was only in one prison...

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Ever heard of Spud Web?

2daBank

Read the post. As long as I've been playing, I would get shit on in the NBA. Destroyed. I'm pretty sure I can fukkin catch fly balls in the outfield with a few months of training.

Is it easy to dribble a ball at 6'9 260 pounds against guys with quick ass hands trying to rip you? No it's not. The taller you get, the harder it is to dribble and crossover at an NBA level. A 6'7 college guy would play with us all the time and run the 2 spot, dribble, cross. If he tried doing that in the NBA he would get ripped in two seconds.

i played with a few cats that eventually made it to nba bro, tons of college players back in the day..it simply harder to hit a baseball than it is to play hoops... are there more ppl that can hit a mlb pitcher? i honestly dont know but obviously the height requirement limits the pool for nba players but it does not by any means make a statement about which is more difficult..you could stick me, you, or a ton of other cats in a nba gm and bet we can score some points simply spotting up, i cant hit strasburg..

Goat Milk

archie it's harder to make the NBA not just because you have to have the natural genes for it.

But because there's only 400ish guys in the association. It's way more selective. Meaning there is way less opportunity. Same with a lot of jobs.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

NBA also has a ton of athletic freaks coming out of the hood and euro countries competing for the scholarships.....and thus NBA draft picks... of which they only have a few rounds

not the same in baseball, the talent/raw athletic skill pool is much smaller and less competitive....

if americans only played soccer and baseball in the big cities as passionately as all the hispanic countries we'd domiate soccer and have 95% american born in MLB again

Goat Milk

i played with a few cats that eventually made it to nba bro, tons of college players back in the day..it simply harder to hit a baseball than it is to play hoops... are there more ppl that can hit a mlb pitcher? i honestly dont know but obviously the height requirement limits the pool for nba players but it does not by any means make a statement about which is more difficult..
    Bank that doesn't add up hitting a baseball is only one part of a game so you would have to compare it to one part of basketball. There's still pitching, outfielding, running the bases, that's all part of the game, right.

Goat Milk

Mantle you should be more subtle with your insults. terrible.

2daBank

Bank that doesn't add up hitting a baseball is only one part of a game so you would have to compare it to one part of basketball. There's still pitching, outfielding, running the bases, that's all part of the game, right.
    im relatively confident that i can find a ton of ppl ( i would just say me but not really trying to brag here) that could get in a nba gm and do all the things required to play (not saying they would play well, although i know a few that would at least put up some numbers), couldnt find nearly as many that could hit strasburg..

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Ever heard of Spud Web?
    yes spud was 5'7

boykins 5'5

bogues 5'3

point was that at those heights you have a handful of exceptions to the rule for hoops players

but many many more in baseball

Goat Milk

im relatively confident that i can find a ton of ppl ( i would just say me but not really trying to brag here) that could get in a nba gm and do all the things required to play (not saying they would play well, although i know a few that would at least put up some numbers), couldnt find nearly as many that could hit strasburg..
    bank are you serious. you can find a "ton of people" that could get in an nba game and put up numbers when there are only 400 guys in the league and maybe only 200 of those see action consistently?

if they can put up numbers in an NBA game that means they could play in the NBA and trust me, if you have friends that think they can do that, they wouldn't be doing whatever job they're doing now....

whatever. onto the next one.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yes do ALL the things required to play, cept stop a guy like john wall in 1 on 1 defense

2daBank

you know im gonna argue with you goat, it what i do...

there are a lot of freaks in nba, i know this...i also know no way you could get away with trying to play hoops in the sad shape a lot of mlb players are in cause yes baseball way more about hand eye coordination than athleticism...but i also know how overrated of a pedestal that you put nba players on so i have no choice but to argue against

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

bank are you serious. you can find a "ton of people" that could get in an nba game and put up numbers when there are only 400 guys in the league and maybe only 200 of those see action consistently?

if they can put up numbers in an NBA game that means they could play in the NBA and trust me, if you have friends that think they can do that, they wouldn't be doing whatever job they're doing now....

he didn't mean "numbers"

he meant all the components...

shoot? check
    dribble? check
    catch a pass? check
    throw a pass? check
    run from one side of the court to the other? check

but seriously I think more guys at sbr could hit a 91 mph slider than dunk a basketball

2daBank

the 1s im actually serious about in prison so it limited their potential..im not saying they would light the nba up but im more than sure they would have a stat line that looks better than taking 4 abs vs big league pitching ....fukkin comical you think that no one not in nba couldnt get into one of their shitfest reg season gms and post a statline...whatever, next..

Goat Milk

he didn't mean "numbers"

he meant all the components...

shoot? check
    dribble? check
    catch a pass? check
    throw a pass? check
    run from one side of the court to the other? check

but seriously I think more guys at sbr could hit a 91 mph slider than dunk a basketball
    I agree. Personally, I think i would whiff on a 90 mph slider or fast ball probably almost every time. i never tried. But I can dunk. I got lucky with good genes.

Like Tennis for example. When you watch it on TV. Man, there is no comparison to the live event. All the nuances in the game. It is incredible. You would never think that's how hard and with spin and intensity these guys are hitting the ball unless you watch it close up and live.

To each his own though.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

yes spud was 5'7

boykins 5'5

bogues 5'3

point was that at those heights you have a handful of exceptions to the rule for hoops players

but many many more in baseball
    Yes, and only one person comes to mind when you say you can be born with one hand and play in the MLB.

I don't want to argue, Man. This is stupid. Goat said some r3tarded $hit and I should have just let it go. The bottom line is to be a professional player whether it be MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL and we haven't even touched on MMA, you have to be extremely gifted. I take responsibility for this. I should have let him get away with the doughnut comment. Allen Iverson was 6 foot, ate and drank what he wanted, and smoked weed and drank. Fuk a doughnut.

First 123 Last