Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

TERRIFIC Tuesday Morning SBR!!!

Another great morning here in Southern Illinois! Countdown for all of you going to the bash is now at 3 days!!

Less hectic day around here as we managed to get a lot of stuff done yesterday to make today and tomorrow easier on all of us

Now I think the biggest thing we have to do is pack everyone up...

I will say the time away from each other will probably do the kids some good they are bickering like crazy today ugh

So what's everyone's best play of the day today?

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Balt -114.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Good Morning

your kids are not bickering as much as some of the posters around here...

Blondie

Thanks for the play chase!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Good Morning

your kids are not bickering as much as some of the posters around here...
    Wanna bet? There's just more of them bickering around here. These guys have been at each other's throats for the past two weeks. It's time to go back to school....

I personally do not envy the parents that homeschool their kids. Too much time together is a bad, bad thing. `

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Beautiful day here in central IL.

Blondie, would you ever consider giving us the full MOFO story? I remember him saying you buried him at eog

Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Beautiful day here in central IL.

Blondie, would you ever consider giving us the full MOFO story? I remember him saying you buried him at eog
    Would it really do any good to drudge it up, and would people really believe it if it was....

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

now that the subject has been broached...

have you talked to Joe lately?

there is always speculation on how he is doing....

how is his family?

I was always a fan of him. remember whe n he made those ACL like football throwing vids i his backyard and throwing into a garbage can of his front yard?

Blondie

now that the subject has been broached...

have you talked to Joe lately?

there is always speculation on how he is doing....

how is his family?

I was always a fan of him. remember whe n he made those ACL like football throwing vids i his backyard and throwing into a garbage can of his front yard?
    I haven't spoken to him in a very long time. I do hope they are all doing well

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Blondie. I'm calling Loshak right now to set up a Barbara Walters type interview with you on the subject.

I think it would be good therapy for you

and a cautionary tale for all the young guys to realize how SERIOUS and DEEP this chit chat sports gambling forum BS can run.

okay no I won't do that. but let me tell you, I'm amazed at how cheerful and normal you've always been HERE, despite being right in the middle of that dark dark dark set of events/people.... I do hope you've had and have good people to vent healthily to.

Blondie

Blondie. I'm calling Loshak right now to set up a Barbara Walters type interview with you on the subject.

I think it would be good therapy for you

and a cautionary tale for all the young guys to realize how SERIOUS and DEEP this chit chat sports gambling forum BS can run.

okay no I won't do that. but let me tell you, I'm amazed at how cheerful and normal you've always been HERE, despite being right in the middle of that dark dark dark set of events/people.... I do hope you've had and have good people to vent healthily to.
    Barbra Walter's type interview

It can run a lot deeper than some of these guys realize. I am definitely their cautionary tale on that... and no matter what you do sometimes things will be your fault no matter what the circumstances are surrounding it or the events that led up to it.

Sometimes you just have to let the past go and move forward. New place and some new people make all the difference in the world. Things there weren't ever the same after Ken passed away and while I wish all of them the best, it just won't ever be the same at that place.

I have amazing friends that while not directly involved with the forum world, do understand how it works and how what many people seem to be merely an "anonymous posting board" can intertwine very easy with reality and the things that happen online can impact your real life.

It also helps that I have an amazing set of co-workers here and a company that treats their employees very well to keep me motivated to try and do my best

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Blondie, if i'm dwelling on this too much or digging too deep just tell me. As a Psychologist and addicted forum person this stuff really is fascinating/scary to me

but does your family or friends ever bring up all that happened around the Weitzner death's to get you to stop moderating?

Blondie

Blondie, if i'm dwelling on this too much or digging too deep just tell me. As a Psychologist and addicted forum person this stuff really is fascinating/scary to me

but does your family or friends ever bring up all that happened around the Weitzner death's to get you to stop moderating?
    You are fine, can't say I have ever actually been asked this question before

I don't believe any of them have directly said it, although there have been some inuendos. Some of those are what surrounded (along with other reasons) my original desire to resign after they passed away.

I do not know all of the reasons they chose to end their lives, in fact, no one probably does not even their family as someone who ends or is thinking about ending their life has more than one reason most often and while afterwards people can piece together what they believed happened, they will never truly know for sure everything that led the deceased to that final breaking point...

I personally want to live to see my children grow up and perhaps some day have children of their own. No matter how bad life gets it's still worth living...

For the most part, once in awhile their death will come up in conversation, but usually in relation to something else... For instance, my girls brought up a girl scout event we went to two years ago. It was that same day upon returning home I read about what had happened and called Tony to find out it was true.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Blondie your daily thread sucks

Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Blondie your daily thread sucks
    and yet you read it?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Blondie your daily does not sucks

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Hello Beautiful Blondie! I have two huge plays I am riding...
    Israel ( tomorrow ) +267
    and for today Nacional Montevideo -1 , -113

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Wow! I've never even heard of this Weitzner guy, until Archie brought him up, and then decided to do a little Google search.

Did they really kill themselves because of a lost wager?

This is some morbid stuff.

Oh, and good afternoon, Blondie.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Wow! I've never even heard of this Weitzner guy, until Archie brought him up, and then decided to do a little Google search.

that was a large part of it, but they'd been hemorrhaging financially for a while before it

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    that was a large part of it, but they'd been hemorrhaging financially for a while before it
    From what I read, and it wasn't much, it sounded like there was a cloud of mystery involving this whole thing.

Initially they thought there was a car accident, or some kind of house explosion?

And then after it was revealed it was a double suicide, people seem to think it was the wife's idea?

Just creepy stuff all around.

Blondie

Hello Illini!! Good luck with your wagers hope to see you win!

Good afternoon Giant!

As I said before, many, many times it isn't just one single thing...

Initially there were a lot of rumors. The sad reality isn't nearly as exciting as certain heinous websites would like people to believe. I have a feeling you found a few of the "articles" (I use that term loosely) written during this whole thing going down...

The Giant

Blondie, I only read a little snippet. Did you know these people personally? Had you met them?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Blondie give me a fukkin lock jesus christ

Blondie

Blondie, I only read a little snippet. Did you know these people personally? Had you met them?
    I worked for Ken for almost two years, had spoken to him on the phone many, many times via messenger almost daily (unless we were bickering about something), and met him, Tony, and the Glue (his stepsons) in Vegas over the years (along with several other posters). The last of the Vegas meetings was during the March Madness before they passed away...

As for Mrs. Weitzner I had never had the priviledge of meeting her however I did speak to her on the phone a few times over the years...

CanuckG

Blondie who are the other studs in this pic??

Blondie

OMG that awful pic

Tony Montana, Jimmy Hoffa, friend of mine that now lives in Vegas in the very back, Winkyduck up front, and Ken on the side.

CanuckG

The Giant

Is the blonde the one and only Blondie?

Dancemanmarc2
    Dancemanmarc2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Canuck G's posted pic; is that you blondie in the center

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I worked for Ken for almost two years, had spoken to him on the phone many, many times via messenger almost daily (unless we were bickering about something), and met him, Tony, and the Glue (his stepsons) in Vegas over the years (along with several other posters). The last of the Vegas meetings was during the March Madness before they passed away...

As for Mrs. Weitzner I had never had the priviledge of meeting her however I did speak to her on the phone a few times over the years...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friends, Blondie.

CanuckG

Marc what do you think pal

Dancemanmarc2

i just woke up and started handicapping so im not fully engaged.works for me. just wanted to put a face to a name

Blondie

Is the blonde the one and only Blondie?
    Yes that is, it was taken in 08 or 09 I believe I don't remember the exact year..

Dancemanmarc2

cool. enjoy your day and the bash

Dancemanmarc2

back to grinding adios.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Yes that is, it was taken in 08 or 09 I believe I don't remember the exact year..
    I'm sorry, what were you saying? I was busy looking at your chest.

Blondie, you are just as adorable as I pictured.

Are you a gambler, Blondie? Do you bet on games, play poker, etc?

12 Last