easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Sick of the Nationals always having that 1 big inning

Seems like every other game they have one of these innings where they score 3+ in an inning. Tonight again 12 men coming up scoring 7 runs in the 3rd. Done betting against them for the rest of the year. They look like their destined to win the NL Pennant.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

ive been saying this for 2months WAS is the most reliable team to bet on even when thier dogs they have a ridiculas inning and score enough to either comeback and take the lead or scare the hell outta the other team its what they do combine that with the best rotation in baseball and u cant lose and the yankees too cant go wrong with either team

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Washington has had value all year even when they didn't...

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Good for the Nationals. Hope they go far.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nationals have made up for a lot of my dumb plays on the angels and tigers this year, they have saved my ass so many times

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Nats aren't a great team to fade. They are honestly the most consistent team to bet on. I mean look at this road trip. 6-0 so far. That's ridiculous.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

washington vs yankees series mundial 2012

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was on them 'Expos' night.. good to see them win.. with that monster 3-5th innings. 13 runs*

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Straisburgh was going to pitch in playoffs they would be like -300 to win world series

They are that good

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

And it's not even like their batting lineup is that much of powerhouse. Weird.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Nats aren't a great team to fade. They are honestly the most consistent team to bet on. I mean look at this road trip. 6-0 so far. That's ridiculous.
    They lost sunday

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Seems like every other game they have one of these innings where they score 3+ in an inning. Tonight again 12 men coming up scoring 7 runs in the 3rd. Done betting against them for the rest of the year. They look like their destined to win the NL Pennant.
    Every sports site I visit has the Nats power ranked first, second, and third.
    Are they a nice team? Yes, but vastly overrated.

On offense they don't get on base enough.

Desmond is having himself a nice little season at short stop, he leads the team with .286 batting average, but his OBA is weak at .322. 17 homers from the shortstop position is sound though and 51 driven in solid.
    No good to the team when you are on the DL though.

Espinosa too, very weak OBA, has a little pop.
    LaRoche is a legit power hitter.
    Zimmerman is sound at third.
    What happened to Werth's power?
    Harper is 10/32/.251, and news flash, opposing starters don't fear him, yes he's a gold glove talent in the outfield, but most any NL starter worth their weight can get him out, regularly.
    On offense Nats are an across the board, middle of the pack team, from OBA, to runs scored, to homers, middle of the pack.

The Nats pitching will take them as far as their arms can carry them.
    Stras, Zimm, EJ and Gio are as good as any front four starters in the majors. Their rotation is air tight.
    Helps that the NL East is dreadful. Phils got hurt, Reyes wasn't going to put the Fish over the top, that team is a mess. Mets are mediocre at best, and Braves got hurt too with Beachy gone for the season.

Nats with their pitching will win the NL east by default.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: No coincidences

face

nats 12th in home runs and 14th in on base percentage, combine that with 3 good pitchers and they are pretty good imo

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    nats 12th in home runs and 14th in on base percentage, combine that with 3 good pitchers and they are pretty good imo
    Not denying that Face, they are a nice team. Best in the majors? Bit of a stretch.

face

yea agreed, good discussion, got me looking up things, and realize they are a nice team. best all around team still probably rangers or yankees. maybe giants, i don't know.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Honestly their the best team cause they have no flaws giants can't hit and there pitchers are VERY OVERRATED as the nats will prove this week and tex n nyy have NO PITCHING cc's 1 man and Harrison's overrated he'll prove that tonight when yanks go HAM on em just like the Angels do

stevenash

Reds with a healthy Votto can take 4 out of 7 against Washington, Latos and Cueto are solid, each should get two stars in a best of seven.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Go expos!!

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

So should we take Jordan Zimmermann with plus money for tonight?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    They lost sunday
    Well yes... I'm not saying the will never lose again, Patty. I'm just stating that they aren't a great team to fade. They are 6-1 on this road trip so far. They're scrappy as fuk. They have the lowest E.R.A in the league.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I'm taking Zimmerman at plus money he'll yah! Bumgarner has been solid but the last time he got blown up it was it was by the Nationals. They pounded him. It's the only thing that's keeping me from not taking the under.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Pabloooooooooo

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by briedward View Post
    So should we take Jordan Zimmermann with plus money for tonight?
    Coin toss. I always preach if you get + money on a flip, that's your play.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Every sports site I visit has the Nats power ranked first, second, and third.
    Are they a nice team? Yes, but vastly overrated.

On offense they don't get on base enough.

Desmond is having himself a nice little season at short stop, he leads the team with .286 batting average, but his OBA is weak at .322. 17 homers from the shortstop position is sound though and 51 driven in solid.
    No good to the team when you are on the DL though.

Espinosa too, very weak OBA, has a little pop.
    LaRoche is a legit power hitter.
    Zimmerman is sound at third.
    What happened to Werth's power?
    Harper is 10/32/.251, and news flash, opposing starters don't fear him, yes he's a gold glove talent in the outfield, but most any NL starter worth their weight can get him out, regularly.
    On offense Nats are an across the board, middle of the pack team, from OBA, to runs scored, to homers, middle of the pack.

The Nats pitching will take them as far as their arms can carry them.
    Stras, Zimm, EJ and Gio are as good as any front four starters in the majors. Their rotation is air tight.
    Helps that the NL East is dreadful. Phils got hurt, Reyes wasn't going to put the Fish over the top, that team is a mess. Mets are mediocre at best, and Braves got hurt too with Beachy gone for the season.

Nats with their pitching will win the NL east by default.
    Outstanding post steve.