SRWest21
    Money Management...
    SRWest21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Excellent Unit System (Money Management)

I wanted to add my personal unit system that I use to ensure I practice correct money management and not depositing $$$ every week in to my betting accounts. For easy math, I will be using $1,000 as a starting bankroll although this applies to all!

I add a UV (Unit Value) to games that I decide a worth playing on any given day. 8-Units being the top mark. (Very rare) - Most plays are usually 1 - 3 units. Lets say we have three, 1-unit plays, two, 2-unit plays and one, 3-unit play for a day of betting. That totals 10-units.

It's also important to understand that you will never wager anymore than 25% of your entire bankroll on any given betting day / football weekend. However, I stay at 20%

Starting Bankroll: $1,000
    Days total Units: 10

20% of Starting Bankroll ($1,000) = $200

$200
    is the amount that will be wagered for the betting day. This amount is then divided by the total UV assigned.

$200 / 10 = $20

That leaves you with $20 PER UNIT

So, to finish things off this is how your betting would look for the day, based on the above figures:

The three, one-unit plays will be bet at $20 per game.
    The two, 2-unit plays will be bet at $40 per game.
    The one, 3-unit play will be bet at $60.

That totals your $200 (20%) for the day of betting. You will then re-calculate for the next day!

I hope this thread is useful and some of you try out this money management system... It will save you a lot of money....

Trust me!!!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Test your theory on your spreadsheet. Don't delete any of your plays.
    http://srwest21.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

unreal

SRWest21
    Money Management...

It's not a theory to be tested... It's not a specific system. It just helps practice correct money management. I will be posting my personal picks anyway in other threads. The spreadsheet looks interesting however and will start using it.

Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Test your theory on your spreadsheet. Don't delete any of your plays.
    http://srwest21.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

This is not something new, and definitely has flaws. If you only have a 1 unit play on a day, you'd bet $200 on that while other days your 3 unit plays are $60?

If there is a day where there are 8 plays where you think you have an advantage, you're betting small on them. What happens if you find another bet after you place the others? Do you pass on it because it would put you over your cap?

SRWest21
    Money Management...

I forgot to mention that you should have a MUV (Maximum Unit Value) if the above situation comes up. For example... $40. Remember, no bet, should ever be a bad bet... so betting higher UV's some days, shouldn't matter.

I personally track bets throughout the day, and ensure I make my only an hour or two before the first game.. so I would never have the issue of 'finding' another bet. I monitor line movement etc, and also will never make a bet without finding out key, last minute information.. I never panic if I miss a bet here and there due to waiting. I'd rather miss one bet, rather than practising correct money management.

I hope this clears up your questions?

No system is perfect. However, this is the most consistent I have used.