ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Went 1-3 Today

Down 1.8 units

The win was Jets/Cincy under (my play that I came up with)

Three loses were plays tailed in players talk (all baseball).

Lesson learned the hard way.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

you'll bounce back no worries

any thoughts on the upcoming note 2 and htc one x+? both sound like quad core and ram monsters.

ChalkyDog

I'll bounce back once I get my gambling addicted ass from betting the baseball. Fukking tarding it up, man.

The Note 2 is solid, HTC one X is a beast too. I prefer the note myself, and might be getting that. Just purchased an Asus Infinity, should be arriving shortly, plan to root it and throw Jelly Bean on there early.

At one point I thought HTC was the best phone maker in the world, starting with the G1 - I fell in love with that company. However, Samsung and the android paring for us US customers is getting hard to beat. The galaxy series is a huge success.

Put one or the other in your hand, and see which one you like. Also, I am thinking the Note will be a GSM, T-Mobile product. That could determine if you get it or not. Out here in PHX, T-Mobile 4G is as good if not better than Verizon. Other parts of this country, T-Mobile is garbage.

The only thing that worries me about the HTC is they are barely upgrading it to ICS just today. That shit has been out for a year, and is already old. The note will be a Jelly Bean product - which is incredible, especially with project butter. I am not an ICS fan, really. However, rooting any phone kinda makes the whole conversation moot.

I doubt you can go wrong with any of the Galaxy 3, Note 2, or HTC

paranoyd androyd

the HTC One X is getting an update.. called One X+

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/08/htc-on...e-specs-rumor/

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Dont tail guys on here man.
    In bases theres like 3 guys worth following and itd be for like season long,not a random day here & there.

Went like 1-5 today but then slammed the nats so....

ChalkyDog

Holy shit, didn't even know about the plus. That looks like it might be making its way to T-mobile also. That thing looks to be loaded with the tegra 3 chip, which is amazing and is the same thing coming in my tablet. Top of the line tech right there.

I will say that the Note fits a bit weird in my hand, if the HTC has an actual physical keyboard that is going to be hard to pass up. I am ecstatic my contract runs up in late October.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Dont tail guys on here man.
    In bases theres like 3 guys worth following and itd be for like season long,not a random day here & there.

Went like 1-5 today but then slammed the nats so....
    That's the problem. These guys post some well researched picks, and give me confidence it a sound theory. I didn't use to be terrible at bases. This year, I can't even make sense of it. I look at the games, and 2nd and 3rd guess my picks. Always trying to play catch up. I have attempted to simply stop betting this sport this year, but every once in a while - I jump in and get shelled.

Football... gotta be patient. Football pays.

paranoyd androyd

yeah, note 2 simply too big for me.. not sure about these 'phablets' as they're starting to call them now

this was a real unexpected surprise by HTC doing the X+ for the fall to compete with iphone

nvidia tegra 3
    1.7GHz
    1.5G RAM
    jelly bean
    improved battery
    clear voice technology
    better colors/design

better article here..

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-574...tronger-one-x/

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    yeah, note 2 simply too big for me.. not sure about these 'phablets' as they're starting to call them now

this was a real unexpected surprise by HTC doing the X+ for the fall to compete with iphone

nvidia tegra 3
    1.7 GHz
    1.5G RAM
    jelly bean
    improved battery
    clear voice technology
    better colors/design

better article here..

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-574...tronger-one-x/
    Jesus christ, that is faster than the best android tablet to date. This might be my new phone, have to look into it a bit more.

Have you seen the tests between the new android voice function vs. Siri? It is an absolute joke. Makes Siri look like a piece of third world tech trash.

Android is where it is at. Jelly Bean is about the best OS I have ever seen on a mobile device. Runs insanely fast, and it is an absolute joy with all of it's little new features, including the new voice functions.

Can't believe I have a third phone to look into now. Was sure it was the Galaxy 3, then was sure it is was the Note 2... now this HTC comes in and has insane specs in an actual phone sized device. Rooting that bitch for a free hotspot is going to be awesome!

paranoyd androyd

yeah, it's going to be a really tough decision for me too. the S3 i'd strongly consider if they finally release it in black.

poster k13 has been saying for awhile that there's going to be a surprise or two for android phones this fall, the X+ may have been one of them. i'm hearing things about much improved releases from nokia and motorola too, but not holding my breath there.

are you looking at jelly bean in beta?

ChalkyDog

yeah, it's going to be a really tough decision for me too. the S3 i'd strongly consider if they finally release it in black.

poster k13 has been saying for awhile that there's going to be a surprise or two for android phones this fall, the X+ may have been one of them. i'm hearing things about much improved releases from nokia and motorola too, but not holding my breath there.

are you looking at jelly bean in beta?
    Nah, grabbed a nexus 7 for my girl a week back. Thing is absolutely gorgeous. Many of the same specs of the HTC actually, same chip - but less ram and slightly slower. I was thinking of uploading jelly bean to my rooted S2 which is currently running ICS, but I might hold off on that.

The Nexus 7 has the voice functions that I am talking about, there is a youtube video of them side by side, and it is incredible.

I will never buy another Motorola or Nokia product for the rest of my life, those companies died in the 90's early 2000's as far as I am concerned, they are always late to the party.

When it comes down to it, I think the phone I am going to choose is going to be the one with the better display/camera paring. After playing around with apples retina display, HD screens are absolutely where it is at. Retina and the screen in the asus tablet are actually better than HD, and it looks outstanding.

paranoyd androyd

pretty sure the iphone will have the best display/camera.. that's where they shine

the problem about these quad cores is battery life. been reading questionable things about the S3 and One X batteries. not sure how the X+ will achieve an improved battery while also moving to quad core, will be interesting to see. maybe jelly bean helps reduce the drain. iphone will certainly have improved battery with more chassis space.

ChalkyDog

pretty sure the iphone will have the best display/camera.. that's where they shine

the problem about these quad cores is battery life. been reading questionable things about the S3 and One X batteries. not sure how the X+ will achieve an improved battery while also moving to quad core, will be interesting to see. maybe jelly bean helps reduce the drain. iphone will certainly have improved battery with more chassis space.
    The Asus tab gets about 9 hrs of battery life and that is using a better than high res display. My S2 is the best battery phone I have ever owned. I was on 4g very early, and the big trick back then is once you switch to 4g, your battery would shit the bed. My S2 on the other hand is on 4G all the time, and last a full day and some with decent usage. (i.e I am always between 2-5gb of data in the month).

The nexus using the same core gets also around 10. And that is with decent use. I would assume the S3 isn't any worse than the S2, and for the HTC to be comperable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Best not to tail

Guys just taking stabs here

Bet your own stuff