ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

When making a big wager, what list of criteria need to be met?

What is it that makes a particular play 'stand out'??

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I like it and everyone else does to. Then I fade it.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

To make my biggest plays I need some late breaking fact that is not yet reflected in the line. This is a rare occurence. The last 2 notable times it happened for me was in NCAAB, when Purdue had horrible problems traveling to Mich St and played on less than 2 hours of sleep. The interview of the players coming off the bus right before tip off was laughable and highly profitable. Also when a not deep Bama team suspended over half their offsensive production on the same day they played at LSU. In both cases I liked the team initially and then late breaking info made the plays huge. Also pounded Memphis Griz on MLK day when Rose wore a boot to the game, it was tweeted before the line reflected the injury.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 08-09-12 at 01:35 AM.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I make sure certain posters on here are not on it....

But really if comes down to a conglomerate of indicators that point me into an overwhelmingly plus ev position.

If you like a play and search for just the stats and info that supports your belief you are doing it wrong....

MeatWad

There are also games early in the season where teams simply are not as advertised. Usually I will see several college football teams who simply are not nearly as good as their hype/ranking or teams who are much better than expected. I can only gleen this information by objectively watching the games closely, and seeing the teams perform.

But usually my biggest bets always involve a team I already like getting benefitted by a late breaking game time announcement. When I am watching pregames my sports book accounts are always open for quick firing if I hear something favorable. Player props can also be greatly affected by late breaking info or even game plan announcements/leaks.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    There are also games early in the season where teams simply are not as advertised. Usually I will see several college football teams who simply are not nearly as good as their hype/ranking or teams who are much better than expected. I can only gleen this information by objectively watching the games closely, and seeing the teams perform.

But usually my biggest bets always involve a team I already like getting benefitted by a late breaking game time announcement. When I am watching pregames my sports book accounts are always open for quick firing if I hear something favorable. Player props can also be greatly affected by late breaking info or even game plan announcements/leaks.
    Wadder, whats ur story pal?? How long u been in the game??

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post

I can already tell you that team in Week 1 is Texas. How the **** is Wyoming getting 29.5 points? That is a gift! Wyoming might not have the best offense or athletes in the world, but they did have a respectable year last year winning 8 games and played decent defense. Texas has not had an offense worth a damn in the past 2 years that couldn't score points on anyone... and people expect them to beat Wyoming by 30 points? Not happening.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

+50 = pass

+53 = 1/2

+56 = 1

+59 = 1.5

+62 = 2

+65 = 2.5

+68 = 3

MeatWad

Been gambling for almost 30 years, started out losing as a teen. Not much of a story really, used to drink and smoke almost 24/7, but always dedicated alot of time to sports and poker. Used to count cards, never worked a job. Always looking for a legal edge.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24805

First off, the line u bet has to be at apex. Can't say "Well, I missed the good # at open."

* Contrarian view is preferred.

* In addition to 1st point, you have to get the best CURRENT # in the mkt.

* Have a tangible reason, where u can prove the line is wrong. Not just a feel.

MeatWad

Will have to look into that Texas game, seems like the were very talented on defense last year and strong in some non skill positions. For me the 2-5th weeks of the season seem to be the best, as teams true form still deviates greatly from their expected form/rankings/odds. Unfortunately oddsmakers see the true value of teams as the season progresses, although I like it late in the year when the teams start crossing conferences(especially SEC vs ACC).
    Last edited by MeatWad; 08-09-12 at 11:53 PM.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13485

#1 ... Play quality and try to beat garbage. Always!!! Don't ever try to be a hero. It's as much about who you are trying to beat as it is who you are betting on. Loser's find a way to lose. Take it to the bank!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Everytime i go big i fukkin lose
    Me, im better off just grinding out 1 or 2U bets
    Fukk it

ACoochy

Alot of Solid responses here guys.

Fukkin goldmine of info as well...

Good work...

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1662

Know your strenghts and weaknesses. Bet your strenghts and fade your weaknesses.

Never bet for action for more $ then cost of a beer.