RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Why do sports bettors act so profitable?

I'm sick of reading of someone hitting at a 70% rate. Do you realize how much they'd make? I realize people lie but its a fukking plague when it comes to sports betting.

I've never met a loser at sports betting..............other than myself.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Good post.. me either... everyones a winner at sbr... they hit 80% got million dollar rolls, yet spend all there time here

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

We all cant be winners. For every winner there has to be several losers. No different than' keeping up with the Jones's' mentality imo...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 08-08-12 at 11:52 PM.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Just like everyone in prison is innocent

Draw what comparison you may

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most lose

just go along with them so you do not hurt their feelings

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I like the "jones'" analogy. Most people are in debt they can't afford, yet they pretend to have money - so they don't look lesser than their neighbors. 2 late model vehicles parked in a 3 car garage of a $500,000 house, leather sofa's sitting in front of a 60 inch flat screen, all from a RTO place - and the people there are living pay check to pay check, borrowing from peter to pay paul.

Nobody likes a loser.

With that said, I hit at a 99.9% rate.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I will never forget the day I lost my one and only bet. I thought I could never lose and then it happened to me that one night many years ago. I have won so many games in a row I kind of wish I could lose one again just so I can remember what it feels like. Welcome to the SBR mentality. On a serious note though, I lose my ass gambling, and sometimes I wonder why I keep trying to beat those bookies instead of just becoming one.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

disregard the idiots. only trustworthy posters are SBR pros who maintain their own thread (which is about 1%)

ACoochy

Most delusional gamblers are married ppl anyway.

Anyone stupid enough to go all-in on a single bet where emotion is the driver deserves to lose their fukkin shirt....

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The reason some people can be successful is because they know how to make it so their highs are a lot higher than their lows are low.

Simple as that.

If your trigger finger to withdrawal is more active than your trigger finger to deposit, you can win.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Money management, FTW.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Most delusional gamblers are married ppl anyway.

Anyone stupid enough to go all-in on a single bet where emotion is the driver deserves to lose their fukkin shirt....
    I am in a community property state. I'll get to keep half my money regardless.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I am in a community property state. I'll get to keep half my money regardless.
    Im just talking smack anyway

Cannot be too careful with these things though...

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I have never cashed out once, in my 2 years gambling but I also bet about 100 a gm football season 400, save your money for actual profitable stuff

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    I have never cashed out once, in my 2 years gambling but I also bet about 100 a gm football season 400, save your money for actual profitable stuff
    Kinger. Deposit $100 with bonus (if u can) and go all in over 5 wagers. If successful withdraw $1000 and play with rest.

Be disciplined. Hit and Run. If u lose, youve lost $100. If u win ur up a few grand...GL

FindTheLock

Kinger. Deposit $100 with bonus (if u can) and go all in over 5 wagers. If successful withdraw $1000 and play with rest.

Be disciplined. Hit and Run. If u lose, youve lost $100. If u win ur up a few grand...GL
    an opened parlay of 5 teams at 5Dimes with -110 juice on each pick risking 100 dollars pays 2435.91 ....if you're going all in anyway on 5 picks might as well do it that way.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    an opened parlay of 5 teams at 5dimes with -110 juice on each pick risking 100 dollars pays 2435.91 ....if you're going all in anyway on 5 picks might as well do it that way.
    You could but id have thought that statistically less chance of hitting.

Plus, you dont have the freedom to find games that u feel strong enough to go allin on (fewer options on the board).

But hey, if thats ur poison then more power to ya

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

just going to deposit 1k when football starts bet 100 gm and should lose that no longer then week 4

FindTheLock

You could but id have thought that statistically less chance of hitting.

Plus, you dont have the freedom to find games that u feel strong enough to go allin on (fewer options on the board).

But hey, if thats ur poison then more power to ya
    well it is a way to circumvent betting limits. Some sports there are 250 or less betting maxes. When betting straight and doubling you would make more money, but you run into betting limits unless you're playing at a big time shop. I have not noticed 5dimes limiting the options on what you can bet on just because it is an opened parlay. Other than asian handicaps on soccer totals, but I have not really looked into it much. I don't need parlays to help me lose, I do a fine job of that on my own.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Ego and the desire to justify their self defeating habit. Even successful winners seem to think their positive deviations are an always attainable norm. Truth is, it is a slight edge and a tough, slow grind for even the very best in the world.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

A friend of mine said he was up lifetime gambling around 250-300k. He said he's relatively new to sports betting and only up about 25k with that.

I don't know if I believe him or not, but the 250-300k number seemed too strange to be made up, he would have said half a mill or something.
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 08-09-12 at 01:00 AM.

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

I know for sure that I am not profitable.