no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow The US has just leaped ahead of China in total medals

Only been following the Olympics sporadically. What sport(s) did they cash in on today?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Pretty incredible considering the population difference.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Who gives a micro fukk about total medals???

Gold or gtfo

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cooch why do you hate America?
    We are your friend.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

who cares? What statement does it make or say by the US having the most gold?

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    We are your friend.
    bunch of kangaroos

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Rankings are by # of golds though, where China is ahead by 2.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    We are your friend.
    Tell me who talks about all the silver and bronze medals their country acquired??

And I don't h8 all americans, only the obnoxious ones, of which their happens to be an abundance of on this board (present company excluded) :-)

Aus over on track here

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Tell me who talks about all the silver and bronze medals their country acquired??

And I don't h8 all americans, only the obnoxious ones, of which their happens to be an abundance of on this board (present company excluded) :-)

Aus over on track here
    Your assertion that it isn't noteworthy to be the 2nd or 3rd best in the world?

Well, if you ever run the Olympics, I guess you can do away with giving those 'stupid' silvers and bronze medals.

Unreal the dumb shit you read on this board.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

US leading in real medal count and real gold medal count.

China dominates competition where subjective judging is used to determine a "winner".

China sucks in real sports and yet they're still the second best in the world, more of testament to just how bad the rest of the world is, not how good china is. US is a military powerhouse and sporting powerhouse

US dominating these olympics, again

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    bunch of kangaroos
    Still w8ing on that vid of u driving to bong shop....

ACoochy

Your assertion that it isn't noteworthy to be the 2nd or 3rd best in the world?

Well, if you ever run the Olympics, I guess you can do away with giving those 'stupid' silvers and bronze medals.

Unreal the dumb shit you read on this board.
    Name me 1 bronze medallist from 20 years ago WITHOUT googling it??

Thats right, sad reality you will realise once u leave college is that in the real world nobody talks about who came 2nd...

Looking at expressions of alo of silver and bronze medallists shows that it falls 'beneath' them...

Yeah, some of them are genuinely happy but most were their to win gold and anything less is a dissappointment....

PickWinnerAllDay

Name me 1 bronze medallist from 20 years ago WITHOUT googling it??

Thats right, sad reality you will realise once u leave college is that in the real world nobody talks about who came 2nd...

Looking at expressions of alo of silver and bronze medallists shows that it falls 'beneath' them...

Yeah, some of them are genuinely happy but most were their to win gold and anything less is a dissappointment....
    I don't think you understand. You're giving me lessons on the real world, but in the REAL world, there is ALWAYS someone better than you. You think if you land a good job, you got first place? Someone landed a better one.

But in the Olympics, getting a medal at all is a tremendous accomplishment. Going to the olympics at all is a tremendous accomplishment. You ask if I remember any bronze or silver medal winners... no, maybe not... but there is a girl who grew up about 5 minutes away from me who was in the Olympics this go around... she finished 4th in her event, so she doesn't even get a medal.... but she still can say she was the 4th best in the world at something. You couldn't even say you are the 4 billionth best person in the world at anything besides being a huge tool and you're sitting here belittling silver and bronze medals on an online forum.

Unfukkinreal. You act like medals are everything. Everyone that knew or will know that girl now knows she competed at the Olympics. You can't take that away from her ever, that is what it is about.

ACoochy

I don't think you understand. You're giving me lessons on the real world, but in the REAL world, there is ALWAYS someone better than you. You think if you land a good job, you got first place? Someone landed a better one.

But in the Olympics, getting a medal at all is a tremendous accomplishment. Going to the olympics at all is a tremendous accomplishment. You ask if I remember any bronze or silver medal winners... no, maybe not... but there is a girl who grew up about 5 minutes away from me who was in the Olympics this go around... she finished 4th in her event, so she doesn't even get a medal.... but she still can say she was the 4th best in the world at something. You couldn't even say you are the 4 billionth best person in the world at anything besides being a huge tool and you're sitting here belittling silver and bronze medals on an online forum.

Unfukkinreal. You act like medals are everything. Everyone that knew or will know that girl now knows she competed at the Olympics. You can't take that away from her ever, that is what it is about.

Yeah, i hear the pages of history remember the 4th placed person more than who came 1st too

Here u r attacking me with weak personalisations when all im highlighting is a social convention. Not my fault ur still too young to figure out how the world 'really works...

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

All I know is China better find one more in them to cash Over 36.5.

PickWinnerAllDay

Yeah, i hear the pages of history remember the 4th placed person more than who came 1st too

Here u r attacking me with weak personalisations when all im highlighting is a social convention. Not my fault ur still too young to figure out how the world 'really works...
    yeah... the world really works where morons like you can look down on silver and bronze medal winners.

ACoochy

yeah... the world really works where morons like you can look down on silver and bronze medal winners.
    Pickthecheeseouttamywillyallday, im only taking guise from the reactions of medallists that have placed 2nd and 3rd. If they never provided the stimuli then i wouldnt analyze to such a critical extent...

You can tell the majority werent there to run 2nd or 3rd. To alot of athletes, thats a waste of 4 years of hard work, such is the desire to win...

Still an achievement, but not the one they were looking for...

PickWinnerAllDay

Pickthecheeseouttamywillyallday, im only taking guise from the reactions of medallists that have placed 2nd and 3rd. If they never provided the stimuli then i wouldnt analyze to such a critical extent...

You can tell the majority werent there to run 2nd or 3rd. To alot of athletes, thats a waste of 4 years of hard work, such is the desire to win...

Still an achievement, but not the one they were looking for...
    You're still looking at it wrong. Just because they are disappointed in themselves doesn't mean anyone else should be less impressed with their accomplishments.

Think about it this way... lets say a quarterback sets out to throw for the most yards in NFL history. If he retires with the 2nd most yards, he'll probably be disappointed. Should we think hes a failure too? ha

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    US leading in real medal count and real gold medal count.

China dominates competition where subjective judging is used to determine a "winner".

China sucks in real sports and yet they're still the second best in the world, more of testament to just how bad the rest of the world is, not how good china is. US is a military powerhouse and sporting powerhouse

US dominating these olympics, again
    lol at swimming being a real sport. Bunch of more in artistic gymnastics. That's like 20 of 30 golds. Pathetic.

Soviet Union dominating as always and that's without the help of blacks/asians. 84 medals.

Kind of dumb comparing countries with 300 million to 10 million which have more golds/medals per capita anyway.

Lets compare Europe's medal count to North America's.......lol

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soviet Union

ACoochy

You're still looking at it wrong. Just because they are disappointed in themselves doesn't mean anyone else should be less impressed with their accomplishments.

Think about it this way... lets say a quarterback sets out to throw for the most yards in NFL history. If he retires with the 2nd most yards, he'll probably be disappointed. Should we think hes a failure too? ha
    On a humanistic level that is true to the person and those around them but using that as an example from a societal mindset falls flat as its simply untrue with words and reality not being cohesive...

How much airtime do silver and bronze medallists receive compared to gold, esp if their hot?? Just saying, dont shoot the messenger...

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Name:  chuknorris.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  123.5 KB

PickWinnerAllDay

On a humanistic level that is true to the person and those around them but using that as an example from a societal mindset falls flat as its simply untrue with words and reality not being cohesive...

How much airtime do silver and bronze medallists receive compared to gold, esp if their hot?? Just saying, dont shoot the messenger...
    You just seem to hate Americans irrationally. USA is the best athletic country in the world. Just deal with it. It doesn't affect me or you.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

One huge advantage China has is that they hand select their athletes when they are little kids and prepare them dam near from birth for the Olympics. Chinese athletes are trained usually in 1 area of focus and don't have to worry about a job or roof over there heads. The government pays for them for decades until they can pay it back in the Olympics. The hidden horror of all this is that they are plucked from their families as youth and put up in state run asylums where all they do is train for the Olympics. Most of these Chinese athletes haven't seen their families in years and the pressure put on them are unheard of. The only medal that counts for China is Gold and anything less is utter disgrace and failure. A Chinese weight lifter was sobbing on camera the other day and apologizing for winning silver last week.

China basically has sports concentration camps for young kids to grow up in training to win Olympic Gold. They are basically slaves to the system... If you are designated an athlete then that is what you will do. If you're not then you are going to be studying to get an education and you won't have any sports experience. It's very archaic. Either you're an athlete or you're not...

ACoochy

You just seem to hate Americans irrationally. USA is the best athletic country in the world. Just deal with it. It doesn't affect me or you.
    That 1 phrase, right there, is y i shake my head in disgust. Ur simply recycling the same trash youve been told, and it shows.

The 1st step to solving a problem is recognising there is one.

Below is the most honest 3 and a half minutes of TV your likely to watch for a long time. Your a smart kid, hope it opens ur eyes...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 08-08-12 at 07:28 PM.

PickWinnerAllDay

Right... coochy, so we aren't the best athletically? We don't dominate in every sport/event that we set our minds to?

I don't know why you idiots aren't glad that the USA ignores sports like rugby, soccer, etc... if USA did pick them up, they'd dominate those sports eventually too. You'll accept it eventually or maybe just live in bitterness your whole life. I honestly don't care which.

As to your video, why do you think it is intelligent to shift from athletic competition to something that has nothing to do with athletic competition? Please show me where I have said America is the greatest 'country' in the world? It is the one I want to live in, that is about all I'll say.
    Last edited by PickWinnerAllDay; 08-08-12 at 07:31 PM.

ACoochy

Right... coochy, so we aren't the best athletically? We don't dominate in every sport/event that we set our minds to?

I don't know why you idiots aren't glad that the USA ignores sports like rugby, soccer, etc... if USA did pick them up, they'd dominate those sports eventually too. You'll accept it eventually or maybe just live in bitterness your whole life. I honestly don't care which.
    WHO THE FUKK said that?? I take it back kid, ur not all that clever at all...

If ur gonna be a pigeon then im done playing chess...

Come back when u get a clue...

PickWinnerAllDay

WHO THE FUKK said that?? I take it back kid, ur not all that clever at all...

If ur gonna be a pigeon then im done playing chess...

Come back when u get a clue...
    You've been buried in this thread so please flee if you have no other attempts to crawl out.

ACoochy

You've been buried in this thread so please flee if you have no other attempts to crawl out.
    U buried yoursself when u said USA was greatest country in the world.

So every country has to run a multi trillion dollar deficit to qualify for being the greatest?? Awesome logic there btw...

Come back to me when u have a surplus. By then u probably wont know what the term means anyway as it wouldve been so long...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

PickWinnerAllDay

U buried yoursself when u said USA was greatest country in the world.

So every country has to run a multi trillion dollar deficit to qualify for being the greatest?? Awesome logic there btw...

Come back to me when u have a surplus. By then u probably wont know what the term means anyway as it wouldve been so long...
    When did I say that?

Oh... you're failing to read correctly again... Shux... buried yourself a little deeper. Keep trying to crawl yourself out.

ACoochy

When did I say that?

Oh... you're failing to read correctly again... Shux... buried yourself a little deeper. Keep trying to crawl yourself out.
    So gotta stop seeing billy jean when posting early am. Touche douchebag...

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

yeah umm the olympics suckk ballls

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

As to your video, why do you think it is intelligent to shift from athletic competition to something that has nothing to do with athletic competition? Please show me where I have said America is the greatest 'country' in the world? It is the one I want to live in, that is about all I'll say.
    U.S. I think has set their mind on becoming good at soccer but the men's team is still bad when you compare to the powerhouses like Brasil. The women side for U.S. however is a top team. So how long til U.S. men's team is powerhouse in soccer?

How can you say they would dominate anything they set their minds on? Is this some intrinsic privilege or quality that U.S. athletes have that other athletes from other countries don't have? Each country or in general people pretty much always specialize no one has shown to be capable of being the best in everything. Take swimming and athletics for instance U.S. is dominating but in other sports U.S. isn't even anywhere near medal contention. Just like China is dominate in some sports but they are not contending in others.

Phelps is extremely good in certain events of swimming but he's an underdog in others or simply doesnt race. Sure he could train to get better and compete in all of the events of swimming but chances of him doing well in ALL of them extremely unlikely, simply because he has to specialize even if he is as good as he is.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by pepero428 View Post
    U.S. I think has set their mind on becoming good at soccer but the men's team is still bad when you compare to the powerhouses like Brasil. The women side for U.S. however is a top team. So how long til U.S. men's team is powerhouse in soccer?

How can you say they would dominate anything they set their minds on? Is this some intrinsic privilege or quality that U.S. athletes have that other athletes from other countries don't have? Each country or in general people pretty much always specialize no one has shown to be capable of being the best in everything. Take swimming and athletics for instance U.S. is dominating but in other sports U.S. isn't even anywhere near medal contention. Just like China is dominate in some sports but they are not contending in others.

Phelps is extremely good in certain events of swimming but he's an underdog in others or simply doesnt race. Sure he could train to get better and compete in all of the events of swimming but chances of him doing well in ALL of them extremely unlikely, simply because he has to specialize even if he is as good as he is.
    I hate to insult someone, but this post is kind of stupid. USA, as a country, does not take soccer seriously. Yes... Americans that play for the US soccer team obviously care about soccer and want to be good... but let me explain something to you...

When you have 100,000 people who give a shit about soccer, you're going to not be as good as another group of people that has 100,000,000 that give a shit about soccer. See the difference?

There just aren't enough people who really take soccer seriously in this country for us to be elite at it compared to the rest of the world.

12 Last