TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

How to get OFF tilt? How to close windows of stupidity?

Just curious what's your strategy to get OFF TILT?

I'm not just talking about poker.

Sometimes when I lose a couple of sports bets -- I lose my focus and start making dumb moves.

I'd love to hear how you close these windows of stupidity?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Just takes mental discipline really
    Once you chase a bit and get burned even MORE, and go down even more cash, you just remeber how that feels, and think to myself "nahhh i cant go there again...i know where thisll end up"
    Live betting gets me a lot too man.

A lot of times ive chased and lost even more , and finally do decise to shut it down for the night, i check back in tomorrow and see a bunch of gems and opportunity to get it back. Try looking at the next days card while youre down & out for the night, i bet youll find a bunch of games you end up liking... Just gotta chip away it really man. Cant try & get it all back at once. If youre serious enough youll figure out something that works for you. In the end strict discipline & managing whatever money you have will put you ahead. Always try & think of things in the LOnG TERM
    Trust me ive had those nights where you cant catch a break & every pick losses then try and hit some fukkin westcoast game and once again get killed, then you wake up the next day with less than half in your account than what you had the previous day.Just gotta remember its a grind man. Best of luck however you decide to handle yourself....

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Yeah basically ^^^^^
    gotta know when to shut it down for the night...