paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

what exactly happens with bad acid reflux? get better gl

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

PA,
    Typically acid from the stomach refluxes into the esophagus. The inner lining of the esophagus cannot tolerate this acid like the inner lining of the stomach can, so over time, it erodes the tissue and creates ulcers. Then it hurts to eat and every time acid refluxes and hits one of those ulcers, it can be debilitating. If it goes unchecked, the ulcer can actually perforate and it can be big problems, leading into surgery.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow that sound bad get well soon

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had acid so bad I've woke up in the middle of the night choking

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

But if you drink acid (cider vinegar) it's business as usual
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

GL pal.....My Dad has that shit really bad. He is always coughing it up late at night

I don't know if I have acid reflux but I get heartburn really bad sometimes......Feels like im getting stabbed in the chest constantly

Bad foods that cause it for me: Tomato sauce, chocolate, gatorade, spicy food

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Bad foods that cause it for me: Tomato sauce, chocolate, gatorade, spicy food
    alcohol and caffeine are a huge cause too

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

thanks, guys. I'm recovering. I've been able to eat hot cereal (good sign) but I'm sore and feels like Floyd Mayweather is using my stomach and chest for a punching bag

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hang in there guy

post and gamble to ease the pain

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Hang in there willer

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I cant lie, this surgery isn't for the weak but I've lost 6 pounds since August 1st----overweight friends, if u have tons of reflux, you WILL lose weight

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Good luck in your road to recovery! When can you imbibe alcohol

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Good luck in your road to recovery! When can you imbibe alcohol

Thanks Arch: I watched some of your videos and really realized why some of your friends love you. You're not afraid to be you, almost a Bill Murray equivalent when it comes to humor and compassion. I'm so impressed and sure enough you show concern for me.

Actually tonight has been difficult. I have a bi-polar girlfriend, today was her birthday, and she had an episode. This only creates great distress on my mind and my body. I was upset and tried to eat mashed potatoes and rice. Needless to say, it was a big mistake and I'm hurting badly.

Tomorrow, it's back to the rice krispies, milk, and, jello. This is a test of one's mental strength.

I think that you mentioned beverages---Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to even have a soda. Milk has been the best aggreeing beverage. I've never been a big beer guy but If I ever chose that route, it would be over a month easily. I was looking to lose a few pounds and tonights meal was a mistake. Sometimes people push you to do things that you wouldn't do. I have plenty of time to lose weight because the makeup of my diet longterm will assure me of that. I'm dying for a beverage with some fizz and am fighting tooth and nail to stay disciplined. One day at a time buddy. That's how I approach everything in life. Obstacles seem overwhelming if I look too far down the road.

Thanks again for being a real friend. I'll keep you updated.
    Last edited by will2survive; 08-05-12 at 08:33 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Yeah I remember your thread on the bi polar issues with Gf, glad to hear you are still sticking it out.

Sounds like a pretty crappy year for you. Hopefully the last 5 months and big holidays will be better. To keep things in perspective one of my favorite posters at game license and former sbr poster, Fiveteamer, let us know he is battling CANCER. Life is very fragile.

Be well and have your girl make you sine rice Krispy threats!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy get back posting strong

You got some time to heal

Good luck pal

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Hope everything turns out ok. Weird how widespread esophogeal problems are these days. Relatively new phenomenon, we must be eating crap these days

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Thanks guys....and yes Coach, this will give plenty of time to post as we have a lot of sports coming together soon. Did you see Murray beat Federer to take the goal. Amazing! .I think Murray wins a major soon. That was a huge confidence booster

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

GL will2survive....I also have had heartburn for many years...I go up to eating 10 rolaids a day...then my gf turned me on to prilosec...been taking that for like a year now...Hardly ever get heartburn...but i do sometimes get regurgitation especially if I eat late at nite...that sucks....

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    GL will2survive....I also have had heartburn for many years...I go up to eating 10 rolaids a day...then my gf turned me on to prilosec...been taking that for like a year now...Hardly ever get heartburn...but i do sometimes get regurgitation especially if I eat late at nite...that sucks....
    thanks Coldbeer stay healthy. All I can say is a Priolosec wouldn't make a dent into my problem. I've taken everything on the market and doubled up on the dosage. I was forced to take this risk of surgery or I'd seriously lose my will2live.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

Coldbeer. I work in healthcare. You may have a bacteria in your stomach called H pylori. Treatment is 2wks of antibiotics and prilosic or nexium. I had the same symptoms. No longer have heartburn and drink a lot of beer. GL SBP

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

so what is the deal with this apple cider vinegar ? is this true? how much do i need to drink??

got acid reflux real bad , popping zantac 150 like its skittles

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

havent heard of the cider vinegar treatment. i think it would add to the acid, have you tried taking prilosec for 14 days straight. it usually helps. GL SBP

First 12