sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

What!?!?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Reds Acquire Jonathan Broxton
    By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 2:28pm CST]
    The Reds added a closer to the NL's best bullpen today, acquiring Jonathan Broxton from the Royals, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (Twitter link).

Broxton, 28, has bounced back this year to post a 2.27 ERA in 35 2/3 innings, although his peripheral stats aren't great with a 6.3 K/9 and 3.5 BB/9. *He has posted a career-best 56.6% groundball rate, a large part in why he's allowed just one home run. *Broxton is throwing 95 miles per hour again and has racked up 23 saves. *He's on a one-year deal and has $1.4MM remaining in base salary.

WvGambler

I hate to report it, but I have my journalistic integrity to uphold

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Perfext for us reds! Just another quality arm in the pen. For who though.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Pirates have the best bullpen in the majors over the month of July. Reds is very good too though. Chapmann is awesome

WvGambler

They haven't announced that part yet. Hopefully Votto and Chapman

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

dammmmmmmmmmnnnn

the reds ALREADY had the lowest bullpen ERA in all of baseball.......playing half their games at Great American

wow

thats a fukin pen right there

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    dammmmmmmmmmnnnn
    Skeet skeet nugga

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    dammmmmmmmmmnnnn

the reds ALREADY had the lowest bullpen ERA in all of baseball.......playing half their games at Great American

wow

thats a fukin pen right there

They lead all MLB with a K/9 of 10.23 and there is not even a close second. That bullpen could shut out an opposing team if the game was played in a T-ball park.

I am not sold on that starting rotation. Arroyo/Cueto/Latos and especially Homer Bailey are all pitching well ahead of their career stat lines. Mike Leake is a very streaky guy(a hell of a hitter though). I see the potential for regression. They have all been lights out of late. I am watching for an opportunity to side against them. Their win streak broke last night. Joey Votto has not been able to start any sort of baseball related activity as of yet and there is no timetable for his return. At some point that is going to catch up with them. They are relying on a lot of very young talent in the infield, Cosart and Frazier are going to potentially show some signs of wear and tear in mid August.

Keep an eye on the Reds, fading them may be worth a buck or two for a period of time.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    They lead all MLB with a K/9 of 10.23 and there is not even a close second. That bullpen could shut out an opposing team if the game was played in a T-ball park.

I am not sold on that starting rotation. Arroyo/Cueto/Latos and especially Homer Bailey are all pitching well ahead of their career stat lines. Mike Leake is a very streaky guy(a hell of a hitter though). I see the potential for regression. They have all been lights out of late. I am watching for an opportunity to side against them. Their win streak broke last night. Joey Votto has not been able to start any sort of baseball related activity as of yet and there is no timetable for his return. At some point that is going to catch up with them. They are relying on a lot of very young talent in the infield, Cosart and Frazier are going to potentially show some signs of wear and tear in mid August.

Keep an eye on the Reds, fading them may be worth a buck or two for a period of time.
    WTF you talking about, he comes off DL today(Votto) and yesterday was in full uniform taking ground balls. They expect him to start Friday against Bucs.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Hopefully he regresses

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Thought a leadoff hitter was more of a necessity than another arm for their stacked pen

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    WTF you talking about, he comes off DL today(Votto) and yesterday was in full uniform taking ground balls. They expect him to start Friday against Bucs.

Cats, I got this today at ESPN and was listening to an all night show last night while capping, can't remember who was on at the time but the jist was that Votto by his own admission is no where near ready. I did confim just now in the Cincinatti Herald that he has no timetable for his return.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...|text|Sports|s

• STATUS

15-Day DL
      Votto (knee) has not been able to resume hitting and still has no timetable for a return, Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports. (about 22 hours ago)
      Data Provided By

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Amazing what the reds have done without their best player and arguably one of handful of "best" players in league

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

hes pretty good addition

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Amazing what the reds have done without their best player and arguably one of handful of "best" players in league
    I think he is top 5 for sure, maybe top 3

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

No need to add him

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    No need to add him
    dusty wants chapman to start games (about time)

new closer in town

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Dusty will ruin chapman