Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

OFFICIAL Chicago Bears 2012 Thread

Going to be updating at various times of the year but I feel very confident about this year's team. I think they made most of the necessary moves to compete in a very tough division. The Packers are the obvious favorite but I really don't see the defense being a lot better for them. I know they had a lot of draft picks on that side of the ball, but unless they make an immediate impact I see more of the same as they were at the bottom of the league in pass yards allowed last year. The Lions seem to always be on the cusp of where they need to be to compete. This could be the year. Stafford will have to stay upright and they will have to figure out a way to defend the pass, and also not get suspended for stupid shit. If they can figure that out, they will be competitive. I still don't think they match up very well with Chicago as the Bears have improved enough on offense to not be one dimensional anymore. You actually have to game plan for Chicago's offense this year. Can't remember ever thinking that.

Bottom line is you have one glaring weakness. Left tackle. Unless Jamarcus Webb makes huge strides this year that will continue to be a problem. What Cutler has gong for him is the ability to audible and the absence of the 7 step drop and Mike Martz's offense. The Bears will rely heavily on the run as in years past but also have a plethora of targets and an entire new offensive package for Devin Hester. Think about it, Hester is now the 3rd best receiver on the team. Marshall and Bennett are both better and the addition of Jefferey from South Carolina should mean big things going forward.

I don't think the Vikings have a prayer this year so why bother with them, honestly they have an old team and banged up skill players. Good luck Minny (sorry BIGDAY). After looking at the schedule I think at worst the Bears win 9 games this year. More than likely they win 11, the most I see them winning is 13 but I think 10 or 11 is very realistic. That makes them contenders for a playoff spot. There's enough veteran talent on the defensive side of the ball with Urlacher, Briggs, and Peppers to dominate a game. Couple that with a potent offense and a top tier special teams unit and watch out.

I really believe there is some value in a Bears future for NFC Champs and Super Bowl Champs. Yes I like kool aid.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Lions will have a hard time running the ball. Jahvid Best on PUP list. LeShoure coming bak from injury and also suspended first few games. Don't understand why they didn't draft a rb. I believe they had a chance to draft LaMichael James. Who we stuck with now? Kevin Smith?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

In before major disappointment from Da Bears.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Bears Def will start to look OLD

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

We got a very nice two year window here. We will be fantastic this year. Playoffs will be guaranteed. Where we go from there is what matters.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    In before major disappointment from Da Bears.
    It is possible, like anything else. I think where they sit now for futures bets is retarded though. Just the addition of Marshall makes them much better. Add in getting rid of Martz, allowing Jay to make his calls at the line and adding Bush and Campbell as solid backups we finally have what could be a very good offense for the first time ever. Jeffery is an unknown, but if he can get it together I think thats a real good starting 4 WR package. It's true that the defense is getting old, no doubt. But old or not Urlacher can still play, Peppers is still a beast, and Briggs is about as good as you can find on the strong side. Melton had a really good year last year too and Tillman played his best football of his career, being selected to the Pro Bowl. Oh yeah Briggs and Urlacher also made Pro Bowl last year. There's definitely some problems with the left side of the offensive line and that is my main concern. Beyond that they look tough in all facets.

Here's a recent article from Training Camp.

Veterans eager to size up rookies in pads

Real practices begin Saturday night with live action drills for Bears

July 27, 2012|By Fred Mitchell, Chicago Tribune reporter
    BOURBONNAIS — Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs and Charles Tillman — three Pro Bowl defenders for the Bears last season — eagerly are awaiting Saturday night's first full-padded training camp practice.
    Rookies, beware.

"We're all athletes in shorts and helmets," Urlacher said Friday. "When you put the pads on you find out who can hit, who can run and catch at the same time with guys flying by them. That's the main thing you find out when you put the pads on."

Added Tillman: "The adrenaline definitely builds up."

For the rookies who make the mistake of trying to make a quick impression on the coaches by being overly active and out of control, Saturday night could be special.

"For me, it's old hat now. I don't get as nervous as I used to," said Urlacher, a 13-year veteran. "It may be a little different now, coming off of (a knee) injury. But I know those young guys are going to be excited. They just have to learn how to practice and not get on the ground."

Briggs offered a sinister smile when asked about Saturday night's first training camp full-padded practice. "It's exciting, you know, first day in pads. … I'm looking forward to having that first contact, that first … 'The season has begun,'" Briggs said. "I'm looking forward to getting popped real good, where I hit the ground. That's when they usually say: 'Welcome to the NFL. Welcome to the 2012 season.'

That's the type of stuff to get the heart pumping a little bit. Somebody pushes you a little harder than what you want to be pushed. You get angry and you want to take it out on somebody on the next play. That's part of football." During non-contact mini-camps and the early summer training camp session, Bears coaches have been able to focus on players' overall
    athleticism, knowledge of play assignments and general conditioning. But the full-padded sessions will reveal much more.

"On defense, you still have to get in your gaps. You can't screw up," Urlacher said. "Young guys start screwing up when they start thinking about hitting people; they get out of their gaps and start hitting people they shouldn't be hitting. You still have to think and react at the same time."

Tillman said the mettle of young receivers reacting to knowing they will be hit immediately after catching a pass will be tested. "If you're going across the middle, you're actually going to get hit. So it might be a little bit different to go across the middle," Tillman said. "Mentally you are thinking about taking a hit versus catching the ball. That's probably an advantage to putting the pads on. I think you can get more done."

Tillman's advice to young players trying to make the final roster: Do something spectacular," Tillman said. "Get noticed, in a good way."
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-14-14 at 10:31 AM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Jay is a top 5 QB talent

he hasn't had any help other than dumping off to Forte, and oft injured receivers like Earl Bennet. this year's receiving corps is 3x better than any they've come to camp with, with Jay....

the other big problem has been O-line. while this group is not great, I think they have the pieces to gel to not let Jay get sacked 20 times vs the Giants....

if they stay healthy and the defense didn't just get too old ( in the NFL it happens over-night, 1/8 of a step and you are a liability)

I think the bears are the best value for every future out there

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

SALOON THIS SHIT!!!! a

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I really think Urlacher is gonna fade big time this year though

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Vikings will be lucky to get 2 victories this year.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

I can't wait to see what happens. You might be right Archie. Hard to really know what to expect. He's been so good for so long.

BIGDAY you guys are screwed. Vikings won't be blowing many horns this year.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Cougar, take me to a fukkin Bears game pal!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Already got tickets to 2 games

Bears Lions taking my brother for his birthday, other is a bus trip to Lambeau

If I come across more I will let you know

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears get 10+ wins this year and will make the playoffs. I also am not too worried about the line, they were improving already and now that Jay can actually audible will make a huge difference. Can you imagine last couple years, he would walk up to the line and just know he was about to get crushed and couldn't do a damn thing about it, but he kept dragging himself up by the boot straps. I agree that the Packers D will be bad, and the only reason they were so much better in their Super Bowl year was because of takeaways, living and dying by takeaways is a recipe for disaster on D. Lions I actually am pretty worried about, Bears match up well but Lions have some pieces that can't really be guarded.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Actually, the reason the Packers were so good on "D" during the Super Bowl run was because they got to the qb. They had a lot of takeaways last year as well, but they couldn't get to the qb and allowed a crap load of passing yards because of it. The draft and free agency is going to help. The Packers defense will be better this season, but even scarier is the fact that their offense may be better than last year too.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

If Packers offense is better than last year then no one else has a shot

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Prepare for another disappointing season

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Coog, take Brock to a Bears game. Video-tape it and post here. Have Walker pay for tix.

As a Packer fan, my biggest concern is actually the new center, Saturday. 37-yrs old, may be washed up. Departed Wells was pretty good.

Rodgers is crazy-good, which is a given. I say he personally won two games last yr, @SD and @NYG, where they should have lost. Playoff game, Rodgers was off. Each skill pos player had a drop/fumble. Just awful.

I will say that the Packers are in a window to get to 3 Super Bowls (might not win em) in next 4 years. Could/should happen.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Da Bears !!!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

A buddy of mine went to training camp today

Here's Urlacher, after having recently mated with Jenny McCarthy

Jay managing the offense

DJ Moore getting numbers from a couple white girls he will violate after practice

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

McClellin and Jeffery impressive so far in preseason

Cutler and Marshall look so comfortable

I will admit Lions front 4 looked damn good last night though

Resler

Agree with all that. The line protected Cutler tonight. Lions looked scary yesterday.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 223

A lot of overs this year for sure.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Can you please start an Official Fighting Illini thread

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr down

Resler

Robbie Gould kicked a Tiger stinger! Gould is good as Gold.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Now Gould hitting 57 yarders? WTF

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lucky foot baby.... lucky foot

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Gould 5th all-time in the NFL for FG %

Yeah, all-time

Resler

He is so money from 40 in, even 45, but anything over that he just doesn't have the foot. He improvised tonight, just shows how good a kicker he is. He knew he didn't have the leg so he busted out the stinger. He was a freaking construction worker before he got his shot with the Bears.
    Last edited by Resler; 08-18-12 at 11:59 PM.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Bears are a dark horse for sure this year. I'm going to see them next week against the Giants. I have a future on them to win O9 and have a smaller play to win the NFC.

Resler

I predict 10 wins so I might lay something on that future of 9, I just hate having money tied up that long. All the division games, San Francisco, Carolina, Houston, going to be a tough season but with a little luck and health they can do it.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Bears will win 11 or 12. Feel confident in an over 9.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Yes I think that over 9 is a pretty decent wager

It all hinges on the offensive line, I have little doubts about anything else

Good matchup tonight for the 3rd game, especially that O line, the Bears don't have a good recent history against the Giants defense

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Ticket#:469088
    Aug 24 08:00 PM
    Aug 24 08:00 PM
    Internet / -1Aug 24 07:34 PM
    NFL
    NFL
    PARLAY (2 TEAMS)
    [265] BEARS (CHI) +3-120
    [266] GIANTS (NY) u41½-108