WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The 2012 MLB playoffs may end up being the best in a long time.....

First off I'm excited because the Pirates will be at least in the hunt for a playoff game for the first time since I was 10. The last time the Pirates were this exciting, I had no fur on my pea bug, so to speak.

The NL playoffs will be great, because there are no clear cut dominate teams. Washington, Cincinnati, SF, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, LA; these are all solid teams with no clear cut powerhouse. I believe the Reds could be that team and Washington has shown glimpses. However, the Reds pitching staff is overrated in my opinion. Cueto is the real deal, but I'm not confident in the rest. Washington is still so young, and there are question marks surrounding Strasburg's innings, and Jason Werth's possible impact.

Sf, Pitt, Atlanta and the Dodgers just dont have what it takes to be clear cut favorites. They are all capable of winning any series against any of these teams....but I cant see any of them beating an AL powerhouse in a 7 game series, even with home field advantage.

The AL will be dynamite. The Angels acquisition of Greinke HAS to make them the front runner now. If Dan Haren can figure his woes out they will be unstoppable. The Yankees don't have the pitching to be the clear favorite, but let's be honest: who needs pitching with that lineup.

The Tigers can't ride Verlander alone, though no one will want them in a one game playoff if he can go in it (which he would). The Rangers are so hard to figure out right now....losing out on Greinke hurts and you know they feel like they needed him if they were willing to give up Andrus for a possible 3 month rental.

Unlike the NL, the AL is limited to those 4 teams that could possibly make it.

My predictions:

The Pirates play and win the play in game against the Braves, but fall to the Nats.
    The Reds beat the Giants, then beat the Nats

The Angels defeat the Tigers and Verlander in the WC game, before defeating the Yanks
    The Rangers defeat the White Sox but lose to the Angels

The Angels defeat the Reds in the WS in 6 games.

Anyone else wanna play?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Just wonder how the rangers will choke the world series again.

Yanks have same problem as usal. They don't have the pitching and hitting will dry up.

I like the nats.

WvGambler

I don't think the Rangers get the chance this year to choke. They aren't the best lineup in the AL and their rotation isn't even close.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

You're a goddam idiot if you think the Rangers aren't the best lineup? They've managed to lead their division by at least 5 games all year, and have been in the top 3 in wins in all of MLB all year long.

This is in spite of the fact that they've seemingly been without 3/5'ths of their starting rotation all year long.

And FYI.....the only reason they were willing to discuss moving Elvis is because Profar is already considered to be better than Elvis. Texas is so stacked thru out their farm system it's unfair.

Greinke. Please.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

WvGambler

No need to be nasty Opie. Your a Ranger fan....not one of the Rangers. I wasn't saying you were inadequate, the Rangers are.

That lineup has been good for a lot of rings in the past......wait a minute.....

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    No need to be nasty Opie. Your a Ranger fan....not one of the Rangers. I wasn't saying you were inadequate, the Rangers are.

That lineup has been good for a lot of rings in the past......wait a minute.....
    I'll strangle you, you motherfukker.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

WvGambler

I dont blame you

WvGambler

No other predictions? Maybe this thread was too sports oriented for PT.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I'll strangle you, you motherfukker.

This place seems to have turned you into a bitter person over the course of a short period of time.

I still think your ok,hope your summer is going well.

WvGambler

Op is on edge a lot. It's a prime example of someone becoming popular due to his kindness, which leads to him losing that kindness. It's a shame.

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

WV Gambler, you live in Weirton?

WvGambler

No, but close to it.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

the reds??? NO WAY with Dusty at the helm but that is a dark horse pick so give you that

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

hopefully we have an exciting last day..

last year was unreal

WvGambler

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Angels probably won't even make it.

WvGambler

I still think they find a way. I WANT them to find a way at least. How exciting would theat team be in the playoffs?

WvGambler

Nucker....you think Molly Ringwald could like a guy like me?

Nucker....you got any ties to her?

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Playoffs as a whole might be better, but we're not going to see a more dramatic world series in our lifetimes.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

yankee and Dodgers WS will boost up ratings and will dominate October, also it will reboot Tommy Lasorda I heard he is really sick, I like him he was cool~~~~

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by importmoon View Post
    yankee and Dodgers WS will boost up ratings and will dominate October, also it will reboot Tommy Lasorda I heard he is really sick, I like him he was cool~~~~
    This matchup has crossed my mind, but I think it would be end up being a letdown. Dodgers aren't there yet, even with all of their players. I think they need to deal Han Ram after this season for another pitcher and improve their defense.

Nats and Giants in the NLCS

Rangers and ? in ALCS

Will be rooting for Pirates, A's, and O's/TB if any of these teams get in.

Who knows what will happen from there on

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Only thing I'm rooting for is for the A's or Orioles to take wild card and then win at least one series.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

nothing in recent memory can top the Cardinals epic run last year from making the playoffs in the final game all the way to that epic game 6