Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

How colossally fukked am I now that I waited to buy my bash plane tickets?

I do this with everything. There's always some reason I procrastinate and I always pay for it.

Like I wasn't sure if I was bringing a friend or not so I kept waiting to finalize that... Now I finally decided fukk it, I'll just go myself... and now instead of $350 it's looking like $600. What a dumbass.

Does anyone know any tricks of the trade to save dough? Do they run special deals at like 4:37 a.m. on a Monday or something? What can you do??

I'm definitely coming, but this blows.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

where you flying out of?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    where you flying out of?
    Boston

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Sign up for spirit red light specials. They send u emails when specials are available, and u usually have to book within 12-24 hours

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Sign up for spirit red light specials. They send u emails when specials are available, and u usually have to book within 12-24 hours
    Hey, that sounds pretty good, how do I do that?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

go to skyscanner.com and enter your details

Boston to Las Vegas round tirp for under 400 see some options.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Hey, that sounds pretty good, how do I do that?
    Just go to the site and ull see something that says "sign up for spirit special alerts" or something like that.

Spiritair.com

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    go to skyscanner.com and enter your details

Boston to Las Vegas round tirp for under 400 see some options.
    Thanks, yeah, I see some interesting stuff on there, although it's confusing because I'm used to Expedia or Travelocity.

Just go to the site and ull see something that says "sign up for spirit special alerts" or something like that.

Spiritair.com
    Okay, I just signed up for e-mail specials from them, I think that's what you meant.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Yes. You are now completely and utterly "colossally ******" now that your plane tickets are going to cost a whopping $250 more.

If its really that big a deal to you, then you should arrange a few business meetings in Vegas or spend an hour or two a day looking for a job in Vegas and claim it as a tax deduction.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

hotwire is usually good even though they use to not give you the time you were flying that day

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Just checked also as now MMAChicka might be able to swing getting Friday afternoon off.

Doubled out of MN also. Suks

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Just checked also as now MMAChicka might be able to swing getting Friday afternoon off.

Doubled out of MN also. Suks
    Yep.

You know, I'd think you'd be able to get some great deals by waiting... I mean if there are flights with open seats, WOULDN'T THEY WANT TO FILL THEM??? Does waiting until the day or two before ever work? It works for other stuff.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ticket was booked several months ago for a great price. Price has since sky rocketed, least internationally. When you wait you also have less seating choices.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I do this with everything. There's always some reason I procrastinate and I always pay for it.

Like I wasn't sure if I was bringing a friend or not so I kept waiting to finalize that... Now I finally decided fukk it, I'll just go myself... and now instead of $350 it's looking like $600. What a dumbass.

Does anyone know any tricks of the trade to save dough? Do they run special deals at like 4:37 a.m. on a Monday or something? What can you do??

I'm definitely coming, but this blows.
    Cheap flying requires detailed planning or seat of your pants thinking. You do it 2 months in advance or it steadily goes up as it gets closer. Or you have to plan to fly when you don't want to and come home on a tuesday. YOur choice.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

just checked around for you and I found a deal on tippr.com for $99 bucks. Don't know how legit it is or if it is a scam or not. But I would say that you are fukked.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    just checked around for you and I found a deal on tippr.com for $99 bucks. Don't know how legit it is or if it is a scam or not. But I would say that you are fukked.
    Fishy, that sounds like they smuggle you onto a cargo plane. You make the trip inside a duffel bag lying in a 100-degree chamber with bags on top of you.

No, I saw some decent stuff from some of those guys' recs last night... I am hoping NOT to be completely fukked.

Is it a problem that no matter what I have to spend, I just figure well, I'm gonna cover the whole thing from the blackjack or craps tables?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Cappy
    not sure the dates you are planning on staying but if you could go the 15th-22nd you could fly on Southwest Airlines for about $420. They're a great airline as well. You can also find rooms at IP for about 20-30/night. IP has dingy rooms but at that price, what could anyone really expect.

Is SBR covering room costs or anything like that this year?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Cappy
    not sure the dates you are planning on staying but if you could go the 15th-22nd you could fly on Southwest Airlines for about $420. They're a great airline as well. You can also find rooms at IP for about 20-30/night. IP has dingy rooms but at that price, what could anyone really expect.

Is SBR covering room costs or anything like that this year?
    I should not have to pay for any rooms at the Nugget between SBR's free two nights and my unloading plenty of cash at the Nugget two years ago... so not worried about the rooms... As for my dates, I was planned to do Thurs night through Sunday night, leaving Monday, I think that's the ideal amount of time.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Bumping because I still haven't pulled the trigger... the rates seem to occasionally go lower and then jump right up again... Anyone else got any good ideas?

I still think there have got to be some tricks to get great deals at the last second the same way you get great deals at the last second on just about everything else!!

paco

Heard Sbr is giving $300 reimbursements again, or is that false?

Spirit has a sale now, must book by today. U can also put 35OFF in promotion code and get extra $35 off

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Spirit has a sale now, must book by today. U can also put 35OFF in promotion code and get extra $35 off
    What????!!! Wouldn't there be a post up top about that? That would be amazing but I don't know anything about it.

I'll check Spirit, but I don't know why that airline doesn't show up at all in Expedia searches.

I actually just saw an opportunity to fly NONSTOP (from Boston) both ways for 500! (JetBlue) Think I should take that??? The times aren't exactly what I wanted but 500 and nonstop both ways is cool, isn't it? How many of you rate that as worth a lot of money?

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Summer fun in sand

Torn, to see if I should go

Now I pay the price

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Spirit Airlines?

you better pack a parachute!

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

What????!!! Wouldn't there be a post up top about that? That would be amazing but I don't know anything about it.

I'll check Spirit, but I don't know why that airline doesn't show up at all in Expedia searches.

I actually just saw an opportunity to fly NONSTOP (from Boston) both ways for 500! (JetBlue) Think I should take that??? The times aren't exactly what I wanted but 500 and nonstop both ways is cool, isn't it? How many of you rate that as worth a lot of money?
    check http://www.bing.com/travel/ they will give you an opinion if the flight will go up or down in price.

yapta.com will send you alerts if the price on your fare goes down.

good thing about jetblue if you buy the ticket for 500 if you get alerts about the price of your flight if the price goes down jetblue will credit you the difference. when i went to p.r. about 2 months ago my flight went down i got 125 credit from them

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

And leatherseats.with tv's

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    Summer fun in sand

Torn, to see if I should go

Now I pay the price

Fishy representin' with the haiku!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no travel reimbursement.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

find out who the pilots are that make that flight. starting dating one of their daughters or save their life somehow. then you will get free standbye tickets the rest of your life

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Yes. You are now completely and utterly "colossally ******" now that your plane tickets are going to cost a whopping $250 more.

If its really that big a deal to you, then you should arrange a few business meetings in Vegas or spend an hour or two a day looking for a job in Vegas and claim it as a tax deduction.
    hey $250 extra is a lot of money. if you were buying a $300 tv and it was $550 instead when you checked out, would you care? or would you just say "oh well it's only an extra 250"...

people that don't care about small amounts of money never end up having large amounts of money.

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Try " airfare watchdog". They will look through several fare sites and post the best for your travel.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    hey $250 extra is a lot of money. if you were buying a $300 tv and it was $550 instead when you checked out, would you care? or would you just say "oh well it's only an extra 250"...

people that don't care about small amounts of money never end up having large amounts of money.
    Yeah... but these things happen. We've all had the experience of booking flights and seeing it cheaper earlier. It happens. A thread saying you are "colossally ******" is a bit dramatic.

I did offer a solution too, although if OP is that poor it probably doesn't help that EOFY was a month ago...

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Hartford to Las Vegas leaving Tues the 14th and returning Tuesday the 21st on Southwest for $366...

LVHerbie

Boston to Las Vegas (leave: Thurs 16th, return Tues 21st) via JetBlue for $450

LVHerbie

Going on Friday morning and coming back Tuesday is $409 through JetBlue...

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

dude i just booked mine for october 19-23 and airfare was still $530, flying to vegas is always a rip

12 Last