playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

We need tougher gun laws?? I think not!

Gun laws would NOT have stopped what happened this week!

Name:  gun laws.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  26.5 KB

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Gun laws would NOT have stopped what happened this week!

Name:  gun laws.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  26.5 KB
    The shooter wasn't a criminal. He was allowed to purchase 4 firearms at the same time, weapons that he had no business owning.

This would never, ever have happened in Canada the same way. He would have had to buy the guns illegally off the street and if you read about his personality, the kid was a fukking loner. I'd love to see him try to find a seller on the street for four firearms of any kind, let alone assault rifles.

I'm not saying it would have stopped the attack, just wouldn't have happened the same way. By stopping these attacks from being so fukking easy, we can work on solving how to stop other forms of attacks. But for fukk's sake, if a kid has to wait only 2 months to buy 4 guns and walk out the store, it's all a lost cause.
    Points Awarded:

King Mayan gave keyboarding 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DennisGreen

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    The shooter wasn't a criminal. He was allowed to purchase 4 firearms at the same time, weapons that he had no business owning.

This would never, ever have happened in Canada the same way. He would have had to buy the guns illegally off the street and if you read about his personality, the kid was a fukking loner. I'd love to see him try to find a seller on the street for four firearms of any kind, let alone assault rifles.

I'm not saying it would have stopped the attack, just wouldn't have happened the same way. By stopping these attacks from being so fukking easy, we can work on solving how to stop other forms of attacks. But for fukk's sake, if a kid has to wait only 2 months to buy 4 guns and walk out the store, it's all a lost cause.
    Great post..

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me get this straight,you are saying a man that shoots 70 people killing 12 in less than 2 minutes is not a criminal?

Next..................................

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

wonder if a stun gun would've taken down this wacko james holmes.
    Last edited by Shafted69; 07-22-12 at 02:41 PM.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

We need knife control laws too. It will help stop stabbings. Too many people dying in car accidents. We need more laws to control that. Too many drunk driving accidents. Clearly we need more laws restricting alcohol. We just flat need the nanny state government to protect us from everything.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68471

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Let me get this straight,you are saying a man that shoots 70 people killing 12 in less than 2 minutes is not a criminal?

Next..................................
    Not as of when he bought the guns.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

You can buy all types of guns and explosives at the Silkroad Armory on the Internet. They break down the gun and ship in pieces.

Extra Innings

I think there were about 30,000 traffic fatalities last year. Logic says with everything you have to accept these incidents which are far and few. The United States is not Canada, simply put we like our guns, we respect those who want to defend themselves.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

What we need, is more gun education. So people can learn about these amazing things without being terrified, and most importantly to not be an absolute douche bag with one.

Gun Education saves lives.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

You need to get to the root of the problem of all problems.

One root destroying a whole continent.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    We need knife control laws too. It will help stop stabbings. Too many people dying in car accidents. We need more laws to control that. Too many drunk driving accidents. Clearly we need more laws restricting alcohol. We just flat need the nanny state government to protect us from everything.
    If knives only had one use (stabbing) and cars only had one use (for drunk driving accidents) - you'd have a point. Otherwise, your NRA regurgitated statement is specious.

Reasonable people agree that owning guns for law abiding citizens should continue.

Why aren't automatic weapons legal? Is it because it's easy to convert a semi to an auto - so why fight that fight?

Wouldn't a fully automatic come in handy when defending yourself against a tyrannical government? What about responsible use of RPG's? Why is their no campaign to allow this?

"Conservatives" like you hate nanny government, unless it's telling people what they can put in their bodies (drugs), where they can spend their money (gamble) and who they can **** or marry.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post

Not as of when he bought the guns.
    What is your point?

When people get in the frame of mind to commit murder, there is not a law on this earth that will stop them period,so if they take the illegal route to acquire weapons,the sky is now the limit, cause anything goes............

Think about it, being able to purchase weapons legally actually limits the criminals fire power.........

muldoon

Think about it, being able to purchase weapons legally actually limits the criminals fire power.........
    How so? Mexico is filled with guns that were purchased legally in the US and then smuggled across. If those guns were illegal to purchase in the US, that would somehow empower the cartels to be even more powerful?

k13

That's all and well in theory but if I was a criminal I don't really care if you have a gun or not, I'm blowing your brains out before you even know wtf is going on.

Are gangs "scared" to fight each other because other gangs have guns?

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

You need to watch the movie. Everything will come in due time.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

How so? Mexico is filled with guns that were purchased legally in the US and then smuggled across. If those guns were illegal to purchase in the US, that would somehow empower the cartels to be even more powerful?
    You don't get it,our fukkin government is the most crooked government on Earth,just because they make it illegal for the common man to buy weapons,definitely does not mean they will stop supplying regimes,cartels,Al-Qaeda,ETC. with weapons,it is all about the Benjamins,follow the $$$,the one and only cardinal rule..............

Extra Innings

Actually, Obama and friends just hand 'em over to Mexico...of course Obama said he knew nothing of this operation

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011.[2][5] This was done under the umbrella of Project Gunrunner, a project intended to stem the flow of firearms into Mexico by interdicting straw purchasers and gun traffickers within the United States.[6] "Gunwalking" or "letting guns walk" was a tactic whereby the ATF allowed guns to be bought by suspected straw purchasers, who were believed to be working on behalf of Mexican drug cartelarms traffickers ("gunrunners").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

If more people carried stun guns I'm guessing it helps out in these very few situations... but 99% people are going to dive/crawl/run when this happens... not go digging in their pocket or purse for a stun gun.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68471

What is your point?

When people get in the frame of mind to commit murder, there is not a law on this earth that will stop them period,so if they take the illegal route to acquire weapons,the sky is now the limit, cause anything goes............

My point was that he never said in his post what you criticized him for.

Of course he was a criminal after the fact, but he was not before it took place.

k13

Countries with really low gun ownership rates (Japan, South Korea, Poland)

Countries with really low gun related deaths (Japan, South Korea, Poland)

Someone better tell these citizens to get guns before all the criminals find out and take advantage.

Sitting ducks I'd tell you.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

That's all and well in theory but if I was a criminal I don't really care if you have a gun or not, I'm blowing your brains out before you even know wtf is going on.

Are gangs "scared" to fight each other because other gangs have guns?
    Let me add to that so you know what I meant..........

Think about it, being able to purchase weapons legally actually limits the criminals fire power.........(if they choose this route of purchasing)

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

If knives only had one use (stabbing) and cars only had one use (for drunk driving accidents) - you'd have a point. Otherwise, your NRA regurgitated statement is specious.

Reasonable people agree that owning guns for law abiding citizens should continue.

Why aren't automatic weapons legal? Is it because it's easy to convert a semi to an auto - so why fight that fight?

Wouldn't a fully automatic come in handy when defending yourself against a tyrannical government? What about responsible use of RPG's? Why is their no campaign to allow this?

"Conservatives" like you hate nanny government, unless it's telling people what they can put in their bodies (drugs), where they can spend their money (gamble) and who they can **** or marry.
    Are you suggesting that guns only have 1 use? Also, many conservatives are all for legalizing some drugs and legalizing more forms of gambling.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Actually, Obama and friends just hand 'em over to Mexico...of course Obama said he knew nothing of this operation
    This "operation" has existed in different forms for years - not just under this administration.

The guns sent in that particular operation represent aprox .001% of the guns that are purchased legally through brokers & gun shows and then shipped south. But that's never an issue with NRA apologists.

By using the logic in this thread, the border agent would have been killed anyway, since these cartels will get the guns whether we make it easy for them or not.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Countries with really low gun ownership rates (Japan, South Korea, Poland)

Countries with really low gun related deaths (Japan, South Korea, Poland)

Someone better tell these citizens to get guns before all the criminals find out and take advantage.

Sitting ducks I'd tell you.
    Different cultures, buddy. You ever lived in the south? People love their guns down here... they'd find a way... plus, are you really going to say no one can hunt? Hunting might be the official sport of the south. I've never shot anything in my life, so don't think I give a shit whether it happens... it just is NOT going to happen down here.

muldoon

Are you suggesting that guns only have 1 use? Also, many conservatives are all for legalizing some drugs and legalizing more forms of gambling.
    Outside of the bogus "target practice" use? Yes. Guns have one function - to kill (be it an animal or a person)

A gun is not used to start campfires or prop open doors to daycares - but it could be.

When all is said and done, the utilitarian purpose of a gun is to disable or kill - period. Like I said, I'm in favor of ownership - but not the flea market free for all that currently exists.

One side fights against simple things like reasonable wait periods, proper background checks, microstamping bullets and in favor of things like armor piercing rounds.

There should be a common ground. Instead, the NRA is a tool of the manufactures - NOTHING less.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

This "operation" has existed in different forms for years - not just under this administration.

The guns sent in that particular operation represent aprox .001% of the guns that are purchased legally through brokers & gun shows and then shipped south. But that's never an issue with NRA apologists.

By using the logic in this thread, the border agent would have been killed anyway, since these cartels will get the guns whether we make it easy for them or not.
    Don't try to understate the difference. Under the Bush administration the gun purchasers were arrested and the guns seized before they could be taken to Mexico or transferred to someone to take to Mexico. It was the Obama administration that then decided to let the guns go to Mexico. That's a big damn difference. How they even thought they could track the guns while in Mexico is beyond me.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Outside of the bogus "target practice" use? Yes. Guns have one function - to kill (be it an animal or a person)

A gun is not used to start campfires or prop open doors to daycares - but it could be.

When all is said and done, the utilitarian purpose of a gun is to disable or kill - period. Like I said, I'm in favor of ownership - but not the flea market free for all that currently exists.
    Actually a lot of people use for target practice/sport. More people shoot for target practice than hunt. There is nothing wrong with killing animals. Eat em all the fukkin time.
    Last edited by MUHerd37; 07-22-12 at 03:10 PM.

PAULYPOKER

Down the road when we become controlled like China,you won't have to worry about being shot,you'll also never have to worry about being free again or escaping poverty either.................

Be careful what you wish for................

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I think there were about 30,000 traffic fatalities last year. Logic says with everything you have to accept these incidents which are far and few. The United States is not Canada, simply put we like our guns, we respect those who want to defend themselves.
    Canada has more guns per capita than the US. The difference is we buy them to hunt and use them to hunt.

In reality what is the purpose of having a semi-automatic rifle? They have one purpose and one purpose only, to kill people. They suck for target practice because after the first shot you lose a huge amount of control.

If the Aurora killer didn't have such easy access to automatic rifles he may have used a different means (explosives, gas, fire ect) but the fact of the matter remains guns in the US are easy to get and easy to use.
    Last edited by hels; 07-22-12 at 03:24 PM.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Canada has more guns per capita than the US.
    Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...ita_by_country

PickWinnerAllDay

We don't want to be anything like Canada anyway. Do those mounties even carry guns? Where do they put them?

hels

Did you read this:

This article's factual accuracy is disputed. Please help to ensure that disputed statements are reliably sourced. See the relevant discussion on the talk page. <small>(October 2011)</small>

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

80th thread on this, saloon this

hels

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    80th thread on this, saloon this
    Stay in the fantasy forum and let real men talk about important matters.

1234 ... Last