sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Banks are to nosy...

Went to deposit my check from Caesars fom Vegas (mail pay winning tickets), well I went back today to withdrawal the money today since I lost my bank card and the tellers were asking me all these questions like what was this check for? I'm like UHhh none of your business, then I said fine I won money in vegas and got a check cut for me. She said well we get a lot of fraudulent checks so why don't you come back in a few days after it clears from our end and both banks. I said its from caesers in Vegas, the richest chain of companies in the world, I'm pretty sure they can cover my high 3 figure check. I was afraid they were going to flag it to irs or some dumb shit.

Stupid.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

I just had a hold put on a ** check that I picked up from the grocery store. Ridiculous.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Went to deposit my check from Caesars fom Vegas (mail pay winning tickets), well I went back today to withdrawal the money today since I lost my bank card and the tellers were asking me all these questions like what was this check for? I'm like UHhh none of your business, then I said fine I won money in vegas and got a check cut for me. She said well we get a lot of fraudulent checks so why don't you come back in a few days after it clears from our end and both banks. I said its from caesers in Vegas, the richest chain of companies in the world, I'm pretty sure they can cover my high 3 figure check. I was afraid they were going to flag it to irs or some dumb shit.

Stupid.
    was your balance pre-deposit anywhere close to the amount of the check?

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

They are just doing their job. Fraud is rampant, and they can't just believe you because you say it is legit.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

No. I have several accounts with different banks. The one account with this bank is for gambling Only. But no I think the reason they told me to wait is because I deposited more money than I had in my account as my balance before the deposit.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Bank tellers are the nosiest motherfukkers that exist

I had a bitch at the bank tell me one time that she needed to see the other half of the check that you rip off.

Laughed in her fukkin face

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I never have any issues with banks. Deposited 4k in cash all in 20's and the bitch didn't bat an eye. I guess it pays off to be charming, good looking, and white. Sometimes of course.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I never have any issues with banks. Deposited 4k in cash all in 20's and the bitch didn't bat an eye. I guess it pays off to be charming, good looking, and white. Sometimes of course.
    Kewl story kid

Wish i was white

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    No. I have several accounts with different banks. The one account with this bank is for gambling Only. But no I think the reason they told me to wait is because I deposited more money than I had in my account as my balance before the deposit.
    right, as i suspected. fyi - every single bank would hold funds on this check in this exact scenario. gl

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Bank tellers are the nosiest motherfukkers that exist

I had a bitch at the bank tell me one time that she needed to see the other half of the check that you rip off.

Laughed in her fukkin face

paranoyd androyd

right, because banks hate accepting cash as a form of deposit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good to be nosy

So many scams out there they have to be

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The bank didn't look down on obesity?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    The bank didn't look down on obesity?
    Nah

They see dudes with three times the chin I got like yourself daily. Normal looking guy like myself doesn't sound any alarms at all that I know of.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I HATE any time these bastards try to put holds on deposits, fuk that shit.

Hold this I tell em

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

called frank dodd bill

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

some banks are like that for new accounts, banks suck. use credit unions. never payed a fee for my account, and they pay me a dividend type thing every-year of 45 bucks.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone is treated like a criminal these days. A few years ago I wanted to withdraw 8k cash... they wanted to know why so much and I told them just to give me my money, ends up, they didn't have enough cash on hand and had to send me to another branch.

If we all wanted our money from the banks, I don't think they could produce it.