zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

is Ryan Dempster a Dodger or what?

poster John Ryan seems to think so but i haven't seen anything official

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

<header style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); line-height: 16px; font-size: 12px; position: relative; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', arial, sans-serif; ">John Ryan 3 hours ago

</header>It has ben confirmed that the Cubs and Dodgers are nearing a deal that would bring starting pitcher Ryan Dempster to the Dodgers.The Cubs have publicly stated on many occasions that they are motivated to acquire young pitching in their rebuilding plans. I believe that top-prospect Zack Lee would have to be the bait used by the Dodgers to land Dempster.
    Be aware, that although Dempster is the named starter for tonight's game, this could suddenly change.The play on the Cardinals is valid as outlined in the event Dempster is moved this afternoon.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

So if we play cardinals do we just hit the action button? So could be Lohse vs a reliever?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

typical dodger move if true, i.e. the wrong one

k22t
    Nationals to win the World Series +800
    k22t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dempster is no doubt pitching great so far this year but I see a decline coming very soon. Hope the Dodgers know what their doing giving up their top prospect..

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Dempster is a great fit out in LA LA land. When he is missing spots, he is very much a fly ball pitcher and the ball doesn't carry much usually.

That being said, the Dodgers need bats and Dempster will pitch well in Dodger Blue but it won't matter if they don't score for him.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    So if we play cardinals do we just hit the action button? So could be Lohse vs a reliever?
    I read somewhere that they had a Triple A pitcher in town for this reason. The article didn't state who the pitcher was. I still haven't seen anything official but seems kinda odd that Dempster would make the start tonight with the trade virtually done.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post
    I read somewhere that they had a Triple A pitcher in town for this reason. The article didn't state who the pitcher was. I still haven't seen anything official but seems kinda odd that Dempster would make the start tonight with the trade virtually done.
    Casey Coleman would be the guy I think.

Guy throws batting practice. Cards would be an excellent play if Dempster is traded.

PickWinnerAllDay

2012 Regular Season 16 0 0 0 19.2 30 16 16 4 8 11 0 1 0 0 1 1.93 7.32

Change Dempster out for Coleman and the Cards probably jump to -230 at least.

1.93 WHIP... how embarrassing.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I just heard they are looking to get Matt Garza instead.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    I just heard they are looking to get Matt Garza instead.
    Price might actually be higher on Garza, believe it or not. I think the guy would pitch significantly better if he were on a contender and the Cubs have control over him cheaply until 2013, unlike Dempster.

jagaf22

Garza is an interesting character. Outstanding stuff when he's on but not everything works quiet right upstairs. I think he'd help you more long term but right now Dempster is the better pitcher.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

So do we just play cards -144 now? Problem is we play cards dempster pitches and beats us.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Dempsters mind cannot be 100% focused right now. Dodgers aare tards if they unloaded Zachary lee for him without getting a bat. Dodgers are not lineup ready to win now, trading their best young prospect for an older seasoned pitchers and getting no bats baffles me

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    Dempsters mind cannot be 100% focused right now. Dodgers aare tards if they unloaded Zachary lee for him without getting a bat. Dodgers are not lineup ready to win now, trading their best young prospect for an older seasoned pitchers and getting no bats baffles me
    No offense, but the guy has known the last 33 innings he was going to be traded eventually and given up zero ER in those 33 innings. The trade rumors obviously aren't hurting him.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by k22t View Post
    Dempster is no doubt pitching great so far this year but I see a decline coming very soon. Hope the Dodgers know what their doing giving up their top prospect..
    they don't have a clue as to what they're doing, easily one of the worst GMs in baseball

jagaf22

I played the under overnight. I'm letting it ride until I know for certain Dempster isn't pitching.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

WTF are the Dodgers doing? They need bats. Does anyone understand how AAA their lineup is? Yea they greatly overachieved the 1stH of the season, but stop thinking this offense is good enough to win in the playoffs. Hell they still need to make it to the playoffs.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Magic Johnson must have seen Dumpsters stats on ESPN.com, and called in the trade demand.