Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Decent move by the Celtics

Servicable swingman Courtney Lee for ...

Juan Johnson ... doesn't look he's going to be anything

Etwan Moore ... ehhhh , certainly no where near being a point guard.

Sean Williams ... Servicable 4 at best with prior issues. Say he's going to be released so he just may end right back with C's.

Thoughts?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Courtney Lee is a solid player.

Wonder who starts him or Jason Terry.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post

Agree. Either way the 2nd unit gets stronger. Add Bradley back in circa xmas even better.

I know I'm sick but I actually enjoy watching some of the summer league as you get to see guys play that you don't during the regular season. From what I've seen Kris Joseph looks like a bona fide NBA player to date.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

LAS VEGAS -- The Celtics have finalized the Courtney Lee trade with the Houston Rockets, acquiring and signing the shooting guard to a four-year deal, according to a team source.
    The Celtics traded forward JaJuan Johnson, center Sean Williams, guard E'Twaun Moore and a second-round pick to Houston and forward Sasha Pavlovic to Portland in the deal. The Trail Blazers will also get a second round pick. It is uncertain what Portland will send to Houston or the Celtics in the deal.
    Lee announced on Twitter that he signed the contract this morning, giving the Celtics a strong defender, another younger player (age 26) and solid 3-point shooter off the bench. Lee could be the team's starting shooting guard on opening night if Avery Bradley misses regular season time after shoulder surgery.
    The Rockets are expected to waive Williams and Moore while Johnson, who has a guaranteed contract, is not expected to have a prominent role. Pavlovic also has a non-guaranteed deal and is likely to be waived by Portland.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

neither. probably Bradley. Terry also in the mix. Lee no chance to start.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    neither. probably Bradley. Terry also in the mix. Lee no chance to start.

Projecting xmas for Bradley.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Projecting xmas for Bradley.
    before that for sure. He is a gym rat. Bost is still better than Chicago but I say the Knicks take a step forward next year and Bost will have a tough time beating them without a legit 3 guy that can take some pressure off Pierce guarding the elite SF's in the east like anthony and james. Anthony will eat bradley or terry alive.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

LAS VEGAS -- The Celtics have finalized the Courtney Lee trade with the Houston Rockets, acquiring and signing the shooting guard to a four-year deal, according to a team source.
    The Celtics traded forward JaJuan Johnson, center Sean Williams, guard E'Twaun Moore and a second-round pick to Houston and forward Sasha Pavlovic to Portland in the deal. The Trail Blazers will also get a second round pick. It is uncertain what Portland will send to Houston or the Celtics in the deal.
    Lee announced on Twitter that he signed the contract this morning, giving the Celtics a strong defender, another younger player (age 26) and solid 3-point shooter off the bench. Lee could be the team's starting shooting guard on opening night if Avery Bradley misses regular season time after shoulder surgery.
    The Rockets are expected to waive Williams and Moore while Johnson, who has a guaranteed contract, is not expected to have a prominent role. Pavlovic also has a non-guaranteed deal and is likely to be waived by Portland.
    guess the rockets were bored after the lin signing, totally pointless on their end
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: therushishere

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Gotta start Lee. Terry/Ginobili/Harden all feed off playing against the backups in the 2ndqtr, and finish strong in the last minutes of the 4th.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    guess the rockets were bored after the lin signing, totally pointless on their end
    Exactly! McHale Ainge handshake? C's could end up with a couple back although E'twan doesn't fit anymore.

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

He is an upgrade. Solid underrated move. Doc Rivers might be able to get the best out of this guy as well

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Still don't get what Portland has to do with this deal. First I heard of them being involved even

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I still never understood why the Knicks didn't sign and trade Jeremy Lin for Courtney Lee instead of just letting him walk like that to Houston.

Knicks could have used a solid SG who could shoot the three to complete their starting 5 and Lee would have been a nice fit.

doylfish

Lee starter till avery is healthy and this will allow celts to not push him back too soon. Important because shoulder injuries can take a while to fully get that strength back. Terry will be top scoring option on second unit, 6th man for sure, loves that role. Found out Portland was brought into the mix today to let the celts give Lee a 4th year and a bit higher salary per cap rules

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

So they have:

Rondo
    Bradley
    Pierce
    Bass
    Garnett
    Terry
    Dooling
    Lee
    Sullinger
    Stiesma
    Melo

Not bad at all IMO

And Lee is listed at Guard-Forward so maybe theyre thinking he can play a little 3 (and yes I know hes not stopping Lebron James).

doylfish

^^

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Jeff Green is the backup 3. I like what Boston has done but unless James gets injured and misses season nobody is beating Miami.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    Still don't get what Portland has to do with this deal. First I heard of them being involved even
    Head scratcher. Can they just take on salary without any return?

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by therushishere View Post
    So they have:

Rondo
    Bradley
    Pierce
    Bass
    Garnett
    Terry
    Dooling
    Lee
    Sullinger
    Stiesma
    Melo

Not bad at all IMO

And Lee is listed at Guard-Forward so maybe theyre thinking he can play a little 3 (and yes I know hes not stopping Lebron James).
    Add Jeff Green and Wilcox and subtract Steisma

doylfish

Head scratcher. Can they just take on salary without any return?
    Portland is getting a couple 2nd rounders in return from what i've read which allows them to take on Pavlovic' salary and in turn lets the C's up the salary to Lee through Houston because the overall value of the exchange goes up with Portland in it...personally I think Lee was already getting enough, didn't seem like the C's had to sweeten it more, but obviously something was going on behind the scenes that made Ainge think he had to up it to keep Lee coming here

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Forgot about Jeff Green and Wilcox. I never really liked Greens game too much- hopefully they can get him plenty of time in the regular season because last time I saw him play he was still playing like a rookie. Wilcox's game I like but I haven't seen in a while though- does he still have enough to contribute?

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by therushishere View Post
    Forgot about Jeff Green and Wilcox. I never really liked Greens game too much- hopefully they can get him plenty of time in the regular season because last time I saw him play he was still playing like a rookie. Wilcox's game I like but I haven't seen in a while though- does he still have enough to contribute?
    Wilcox was very servicable before the heart issue. He could get up and down the court and Rondo was finding him for easy layups/dunks.