thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i duno about by august 29. id say +440 is still good value in the yes, but +440 on no was ridiculous value, its definitely not 50/50 IMO, way more likely that false idol stays up past august 29.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

How can something go from -500 to +440 that quick unless the fix is in. Fix is in boys.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I wish I bet max on the no earlier and now could do the max in the yes. Now that is +++ev.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Bet 20 on yes

Ticket#:1569100
    Aug 29 12:00 AM
    Internet / -1 Jul 13 08:06 PM TNT WILL PENN STATE JOE PATERNO STATUE BE TAKEN DOWN? (FP)
    [2] NO +440
    0.00 / 176.00
    Ticket#:1572098
    Internet / -1 Jul 16 12:31 AM TNT WILL PENN STATE JOE PATERNO STATUE BE TAKEN DOWN?
    [2] NO +440
    60.00 / 264.00
    Ticket#:1572342
    Internet / -1 Jul 16 12:08 PM TNT WILL PENN STATE JOE PATERNO STATUE BE TAKEN DOWN?
    [1] YES +440
    20.00 / 88.00

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

People who think it should stay up are disgusting jock sniffers

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

NO for Max

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    It's a slap in the face to all of the victims.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    I bet no for 50 when the prop was first up.

The bet is not 'should it stay up' which I would love to see it taken down, but the bet is 'will it stay up' which it will.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I bet no for 50 when the prop was first up.

The bet is not 'should it stay up' which I would love to see it taken down, but the bet is 'will it stay up' which it will.

Should've come down the day the Freeh report came out in my opinion. But that's unrealistic because the real world doesn't work that way. And unless it's taken down officially by the University (ie someone doesn't drag it away) by Aug 29 we get paid.

I would be floored if they took it down any time soon, if ever. This isn't some guy from 100 years ago that we found out something nasty about. Regardless of what the majority of people think of Paterno, many close to the school won't care. They'll only remember their personal dealings with him and what he did for their football program. And he's dead. If he were rotting in jail for something, maybe a different story. Universities take months/years to figure out who to give the landscaping contract to. They're not figuring this out in 6 weeks.

stevenash

^
    Correct Shari.
    I was the biggest JoePa fan in the world until last year. I would piss on the statue now if I saw it, however, since I like money, or in this case the bet is in points, there is no way the University was going to take that monument down anytime soon.
    What probably will happen, not soon, is it's going to be moved to the all sports museum there so it's not as visible.

neel
    neel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    wow +440 for no? ---that's "EZ Points". It's not taken down because he didn't commit the "assault (however you want to put it". People would riot if it got taken down. This is the easiest prop ever!
    Woud you consider them "your people"? All the students and other monkeys that were supporting Paterno last year should be forced to have the statue placed on their front lawn for 24 hours each.

neel
    neel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

Penn State's first home game is 3 days after Aug. 29th? This could be a close call if they want to avoid the embarrassment of the statue being up for the spotlight they'll be under Sept. 1st.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Correct Shari.
    I was the biggest JoePa fan in the world until last year. I would piss on the statue now if I saw it, however, since I like money, or in this case the bet is in points, there is no way the University was going to take that monument down anytime soon.
    What probably will happen, not soon, is it's going to be moved to the all sports museum there so it's not as visible.
    I actually really feel sorry for those who looked up to him... obviously more so the students of Penn State but just his fans in general too. I've loved many sports figures throughout the years but I've never been had to face that level of disappointment in someone who was such an icon. But US universities are a massive enterprise. They rely on money from blue hairs, alumni and the old boys club who won't give a piss about this. Yeah they'll be embarrassed at the moment but it'll pass because he's not Sandusky and they'll pull out senility, illness, whatever to make themselves feel better. Any University Board would be silly to risk alienating their financial contributions unless they were sure a big chunk of us detractors would replace that cash by contributing (which we obv won't).

shari91

Oh and just to be clear - even if I'd bet 10k pts on this prop I'd love to lose this bet. But this will pass. Princess Catherine will get pregnant, an American will win 49 golds at the Olympics, the US election is coming up. Something will happen to take up TV time. The outrage we all feel will be pushed aside, just like it always is when we hear about horrific crap like this. Most of us will never even see that statue in person. Do we really care if stays up? Yeah we say it should come down... and ideally it would but this will just be an afterthought some day.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Do we really care if stays up?
    Like I said in another thread, I looked up to Joe Pa, like a father figure, who knew...........?
    Now, after learning he could have done a whole lot more, all respect went down the toilet.
    But I digress, like I said earlier though, "keep the statue up, tear it down, who really cares, it has no bearing on my family, doesn't put food or take food off my table either way"

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Money 77 View Post
    I wish I bet max on the no earlier and now could do the max in the yes. Now that is +++ev.
    I put 100 on NO and then 100 on YES today, not sure what the max was, either way +EV

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

SBR Chris replaced by Aug.29th -500............No such thing as a sure thing but this is solid!!

SBR Chris
    SBR Chris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    SBR Chris replaced by Aug.29th -500............No such thing as a sure thing but this is solid!!

What's the line on the other side?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Statue is staying up ....at least for awhile(few months before dicision is made).

shari91

One student I met Thursday night at the statue said, "If it's really coming down, all hell's breaking loose." Penn State's trustees on Thursday said no immediate decisions have been made on the Paterno statue or how to honor or not honor Paterno.

"We feel honoring coach Paterno is a sensitive issue," Penn State board of trustees chair Karen Peetz said. "It's going to take a lot of dialogue with the community. We want to be reflective and take our time. There's not a timeline or deadline. That's not necessary. It's going to take a lot of discussion."

Penn State issued a statement on the statue Sunday, saying no decision had been made on its future.

ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr. reported Saturday that the trustees will leave the statue standing for now, and some hope, forever. Not surprisingly, though, there's disagreement among the group.

From Van Natta's story:

"You can't let people stampede you into making a rash decision," a trustee said. "The statue represents the good that Joe did. It doesn't represent the bad that he did."

Although some trustees said in discussions Thursday and Friday in board meetings in Scranton, Pa., they believed the statue eventually would have to be torn down, most quickly reached a consensus it should remain standing in the coming weeks and months, trustees and a person briefed on their discussions said. Some trustees went even further, insisting Paterno's statue outside Beaver Stadium in State College, Pa., never should be removed.

"It has to stay up," said another trustee. "We have to let a number of months pass, and we'll address it again. But there is no way, no way. It's just not coming down."

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

decision to be made soon

trustees want it left up

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/articl...xt|FRONTPAGE|p

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Officially gone!

SBR Chris
    SBR Chris's Avatar Become A Pro!

To everyone who was talking up before....you can't beat the books boys.

...and Shari no free points for u luv: "Max on NO. Thanks for the free points sucker. "

hopkin
    hopkin's Avatar Become A Pro!

bout time they tore that fukkin shit down.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

First 12