TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Wow...usually it's an early stoppage. What was Rosenthal doing?

Never seen a ref let a beatdown go so long as the Munoz/Weidman fight

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah about 5 or 6 unnecessary punches..brain damage

becketmcginn
    becketmcginn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Yeah I love a good knockout and a bloody brawl, but seeing Munoz take those shots after he was clearly unconscious made me sick. He shouldn't ref again.

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Never seen a ref let a beatdown go so long as the Munoz/Weidman fight

VS

I'd say Carwin v Mir was worse when you consider Mir had taken some really heavy shots before that, and we're talking about Shane Carwin, arguably the person with the heaviest hands ever in MMA. Still a horrid stoppage though.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-11-15 at 10:24 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing wrong with the stoppage here. These guys are professional fighters and the last thing they want is an early stoppage. Also it's kind of nice for the people that were on Munoz to at least get to see him get his ass beat while losing their money.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Weidman landed like 15-20 more punches than necessary, shoulda been stopped 2 punches after Munoz dropped unconscious.

Rosenthal probably had money on Munoz or fight going the distance lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

haha or a long shot "first death inside the octagon" play

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by becketmcginn View Post
    Yeah I love a good knockout and a bloody brawl, but seeing Munoz take those shots after he was clearly unconscious made me sick. He shouldn't ref again.
    lol at all you guys throwing josh under the bus... Rosenthal and big dan are the best refs in the biz imo... He made a rough call and used poor judgement, normally this guy is the best ref in the biz imo and is stellar (the way he reffed the shogun / hendo fight was a prime example of good reffing where I can see mazgatti, herb, winslow or any of the other truly 'meh' and borderline shittty refs stop that fight early and **** it up)...

He made a bad mistake, does that trump all his other great ref jobs??? lol at the hate he's suddently received, I've seen so many worse calls its not even funny, yet this is the one that makes the headlines and its a shame that it surrrounds one of the best mma refs out there.

Bonnar was out of line saying that he should be fined or fired for that. I'd imagine his dumb ass couldn't do any better and its sad people aren't looking at the positives Rosenthal's done to realize that this was unfortunately a bad night for him and a rare case of bad judgement imo... The only other bad call from him that I can recall was the last SF card where the swedish dude (spang I think) beat the hell out of that brotha... That should have been stopped a little sooner. Otherwise the guy is spot on for the most part and completely kills big john, yves, mazigatti, winslow, and herb.

Rosenthal and Big Dan > All...
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 07-12-12 at 06:49 PM.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's even worse considering Munoz is one of the nicest guys in the UFC.