Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Great idea for an SBR Hall of Fame

A committee of of posters/mods/Walker.

Selection must be based on a combination of stats (wins, views), iFolds quality per post rating, career length, and many other things. It has to be very selective and cannot be biased (for example Nicky Santoro still hasn't done nearly enough to be selected, while Shari who joined two years later is already close to the HofF).

It must be a very prestigious award and not turn into a joke like Gold's poster of the year awards. This would be part of SBR history and not many names would be selected.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie, cleaveland, and paco

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

you are dead wrong about nicky though
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Nicky is a HoFer. First ballot.

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

I think the only way to make this fair is if the entire forum gets to vote where everyone can see everyone else's vote.

BTW, Nicky Santoro deserves to be a hall of famer for his performance in the team contest several years ago alone. He singly handedly won the contest for his team and demolished everyone else, it was incredible.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Nicky is first ballot. Here are a few first balloters...

jjgold
    Nicky
    Cougar
    Archie
    Venditto
    Zeta
    Deuce
    Bobby
    Brock
    Richkas

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    you are dead wrong about nicky though
    Archie he's had 1 solid posting year at SBR which was a great year. I'll compare him to Penny Hardaway.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Nicky is first ballot. Here are a few first balloters...

jjgold
    Nicky
    Cougar
    Archie
    Venditto
    Zeta
    Deuce
    Bobby
    Brock
    Richkas
    This is the crew right here. Most of these guys are not hall of fame worthy. Venditto is already disqualified because of ghosts. Bobby has no shot at the hall of fame as of now. Richkas is not.

The rest of the names there are potential Hall of Famers.

If you start adding guys like Brock Landers then the award simply becomes a joke. This is why JJ Gold probably will not be allowed on the panel because he is biased towards that list.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Lol Deuce puts himself on the list.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DudleyDawson

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    This is the crew right here. Most of these guys are not hall of fame worthy. Venditto is already disqualified because of ghosts. Bobby has no shot at the hall of fame as of now. Richkas is not.

If you start adding guys like Brock Landers then the award simply becomes a joke. This is why JJ Gold probably will not be allowed on the panel because he is biased towards that list.
    Once you make a "panel" then it becomes political. I say the only fair way to do this is where you let the whole forum vote but selectively.

Management could make it so that only people with over say 1,000 posts and at least 5 years experience are allowed to vote for example. That would cut out 99% of ghosts and cheating right there.

The "panel" idea wll make it all political, we don't want that. Let the people decide!
    Last edited by cleaveland; 07-09-12 at 06:32 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Deuce deserves to be on it

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

cawk hard

SBR needs a HoF. It's been brought up multiple times but has yet to be done.

Give the HoF'ers a badge maybe.
    Last edited by Dad; 07-09-12 at 07:00 PM. Reason: cawk hard

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Impact on forum culture is paramount to being HOF. Nicky is tops in that regard. Nicky could have never posted again but his legacy would live on. Doesn't have to post consistently or give so many winners, just influence

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

thanks guys. as for you goaters.. what the hell you trying to do destroy my confidence? why do you think i came back for? so i can try to be in the hall here at sbr.

goater, this is all i got. at least let me be in the hall. it's not like i am a winner in life with many accomplishments and awards. i'm probably in the top 3 sbr losers of all time. by taking this away from me and saying i don't deserve it would shatter my life.

Goater, i have 16,000 posts.. the breakdown is i have 15,850 posts from 2008 till 2010.. and 150 posts from 2011 and 2012 combined. so i slowed down a lot, big deal. i still had 2 amazing yrs here. you can't take those stats away from me. if an MLB player has great seasons, then has 2 bad seasons in a row, and then got injured or missed the next 2 seasons, won't he still go to the hall? those past #'s don't disappear.

Goater, i have a feeling i am still in the top 20 on the all time list here at sbr in total # posts.

Does anyone have access to these stats? i'd love to see em. i'd pay to see em. i wonder who is 2nd on the all time list in # of posts after JJ?

someone pls post it. i want to see it. i've gotta still be at #20 or better on the all time list at sbr, even though i missed the last 2 yrs.

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Brock Landers is another HoFer.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Nicky is a first ballot hof'er at sbr. Goat you should know that. The problem with this whole idea is that most of these guys only think players talk is the only forum here while there have been some great contributors in the subforums.

Goat Milk

Santoro you might just have to stay another year or so to get inducted. If you retired today, it would be close. Maybe you are already worthy, that wouldn't be for me to decide. I'm not sure if you're top 20 in terms of posts. A lot of power posters now a days. There's a guy named No Coincidences that has 35,000 posts in the last 2.5 years but he's only got a 5% chance at the Hall.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

why is daddy not on deuce's list?

perversion is a HUGE part of sbr and daddy is like the michael jordan of perversion

over 25k post and at least 10k had to include broads in them

he should have his own wing as far as im concerned
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dad, svenodds, and dudekid

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nicky is a first ballot hof'er at sbr. Goat you should know that. The problem with this whole idea is that most of these guys only think players talk is the only forum here while there have been some great contributors in the subforums.
    yeah you are right. You are a lock for the hall of fame and there are 2 others I can think of that only go into the subforums that should get in. The list has to be selective. It loses clout if there are too many posters inducted.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

If there was a Posting Hall of Fame and Nicky Santoro (as Nicky Santoro not any of the other ghost) wasn't side by side with JJ then it would be a joke of a Hall of Fame.

If that roster shrinking oyster Shari was a first ballot Hall of Famer again it would be a joke.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    If there was a Posting Hall of Fame and Nicky Santoro (as Nicky Santoro not any of the other ghost) wasn't side by side with JJ then it would be a joke of a Hall of Fame.

If that roster shrinking oyster Shari was a first ballot Hall of Famer again it would be a joke.
    This is primarily a handicapping forum and I've only seen shari do a small bit of anything even resembling handicapping or anything like it. I agree with you.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Dudley liking a post, but haven't seen him post in weeks? The fukk is the dealio here?

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

yeah, daddy does deserve to be inducted into the hall in the sex dept.. also, i remember once reading him going on 17-0 run betting. and most important, he has been part of at least 84 wack offs i had with those pics.. so right there, he should be in. those asian pics, those maids, those butts, those bozongos.... i say first ballot hall of famer..

somone pls post the all time #'s.. i am curious where i am. i was 3rd on the all time list when i left in late 2010.. but i know alot of new guys came in who have huge #'s, so if i am still top 25, i will throw a party tonight. who knows, i might be #59 on the all time list..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dad

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

put 3-5 guys in first ballot and sort the rest of this group over the next 6-12 months. maybe one per month

jjgold
    nicky santoro
    bigboydan
    lt profits
    sbr john
    willie bee
    buddy bear
    pavyracer
    onlooker
    samodom
    raiders
    flying illini
    tacomaxx

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Give the HoF'ers a button maybe.
    Lot of support for Santoro. Maybe he's a lock. I think a nice button and an awards display case. It would be pretty easy to do. The hard part would be the voting.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Good idea, should be accompanied by a lifetime badge, similar to the founder badge

I also like the idea of posters with over a certain amount of posts maybe as (1) dozer/walker as (2) and select panel as (3) and give them all equal voting, highest average gets in. I think it would be cool to induct say 3 a year from a list of 20 or so. Who makes up the list though is a whole other deal.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    thanks guys. as for you goaters.. what the hell you trying to do destroy my confidence? why do you think i came back for? so i can try to be in the hall here at sbr.

goater, this is all i got. at least let me be in the hall. it's not like i am a winner in life with many accomplishments and awards. i'm probably in the top 3 sbr losers of all time. by taking this away from me and saying i don't deserve it would shatter my life.

Goater, i have 16,000 posts.. the breakdown is i have 15,850 posts from 2008 till 2010.. and 150 posts from 2011 and 2012 combined. so i slowed down a lot, big deal. i still had 2 amazing yrs here. you can't take those stats away from me. if an MLB player has great seasons, then has 2 bad seasons in a row, and then got injured or missed the next 2 seasons, won't he still go to the hall? those past #'s don't disappear.

Goater, i have a feeling i am still in the top 20 on the all time list here at sbr in total # posts.

Does anyone have access to these stats? i'd love to see em. i'd pay to see em. i wonder who is 2nd on the all time list in # of posts after JJ?

someone pls post it. i want to see it. i've gotta still be at #20 or better on the all time list at sbr, even though i missed the last 2 yrs.
    Pretty sure Pavy is second all time, something like 40K posts sounds about right

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

adding
    Illusion
    ganchcrow
    the hg (w/loshak)

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    put 3-5 guys in first ballot and sort the rest of this group over the next 6-12 months. maybe one per month

jjgold
    nicky santoro
    bigboydan
    lt profits
    sbr john
    willie bee
    buddy bear
    pavyracer
    onlooker
    samodom
    raiders
    flying illini
    tacomaxx
    kiss ass

bbd shouldnt be sniffing this list...embarrassing performance on the return as a mod...worst. mod. eva.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Are betpoints involved when you make it into the HOF?
    If not, no care.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

i'm mostly going for the first year with guys that started in 05 or 06

i've read back in those days.

it was mostly industry tyalk and you better believe walker and bbd contributed alot, as did others on the list. before it was a circus here

BBD has over 5ok posts

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

1ST Ballot for sure

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

adding
    Baus
    pags11
    LVherbie
    RM18
    Happyboy

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

sorry archie you're shitting up the place guys like pags haven't been relevant/active in any form in over 3 years if I'm not mistaken. Baus has like 1000 posts. Lvherbie?

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Lol Players Talk =/= All of SBR. Vaughny has one of the best and most profitable threads in all of SBR

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Vaughny has one of the best and most profitable threads in all of SBR
    Who the fok cares about sports picks.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-19-15 at 02:13 PM. Reason: image does not exist

123 Last