ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

Hornets acquire Ryan Anderson in sign-and-trade with Magic

Ryan Anderson has reached agreement with the New Orleans Hornets on a four-year, $36 million contract in a sign-and-trade deal that will send backup center Gustavo Ayon to the Orlando Magic, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
    Ryan Anderson was last season's Most Improved Player. (AP)As a restricted free agent, Anderson intended to sign an offer sheet from the Hornets that the Magic didn't want to match. Orlando then decided to negotiate the sign-and-trade.

Anderson, 24, emerged as one of the best long-range shooting big men in the NBA, averaging 16 points and seven rebounds for the Magic last season when he was named the league's Most Improved Player. He shot 43.9 percent from the field, and 39.3 percent on 3-pointers. The Magic drafted St. Bonaventure forward Andrew Nicholson with the 19th overall pick.
    Ayon, 27, averaged 5.9 points and 4.9 rebounds in 54 games for the Hornets last season.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-25-16 at 11:22 AM. Reason: image does not exist

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

$9M per for this guy is a joke considering most of his stats came in massive blowouts

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Guy was a beast at Cal, and is serviceable in the league. However, it makes me believe had I grown to 6'10 I could be a millionaire with limited skill.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

might do ok there creates match up issues

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They're going to win the fukkin title now!

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Rivers, (maybe Gordon), (no idea), Anderson, Davis.

It isn't bobcats bad, might actually be fun to watch. Is Kaman and Landry still on this team?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

a little pricey. andersen still a young player, good fit for the team tho.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

definitely overrated had success mostly due to the Magic's style of play. However he does seem like a good fit with Hornets but definitely not worth that much money.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Curious to see if they match Phoenix's offer on Eric Gordon. Not sure if they'll have the money to sign Gordon after signing Anderson. Anderson is a solid PF, but I think he may have had his best stats last year. I'm just not a big fan of a PF who shoots more 3-pointers than 2-pointers.

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

also can`t defend, so it will be interesting to see the davis/anderson frontcourt defending the post