PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Voting Doesn’t Matter

Now that the dust has settled from the recent mid-term elections and the absurdity of “us and them” is starting subside, I need to explain that the US Government is fundamentally defunct and has been for many decades. Despite what we may have heard, we do not live in a democracy. The United States was conceived as a Constitutional Republic that was intended to protect the rights of individuals framed by a concept of freedom, and the US government no longer has a role in doing this. Now, the US government is technically a polyarchy.

You cannot rely on anybody else to evolve. It just isn’t going to happen and the hopeful feeling of voting for somebody to represent you is like a toxic drug that keeps you addicted to political marketing and propaganda. I understand it. I used to be emotionally obsessed with politics, but felt a tremendous peace once I no longer focused on people and their promises.

I have concluded that freedom cannot be guaranteed by governments because human majorities do not truly desire freedom, and will instead cyclically demand tyranny as a society. Freedom is hard work and a constant battle that very few individuals will perform even if they are willing to fight and die under its banner. Fighting and dying in the name of freedom is actually easier than practicing freedom. There is absolutely no correlation between freedom and voting for representatives. Although this sounds critical of the United States government, I find our Constitution to be a moving piece of philosophy that is both elegant in its ambiguity and genius in its assumptions that everybody could even understand what it is saying.

I have no affection for political boundaries even though I appreciate the historical context and security that American citizenry affords. I take no pride in being American because I had very little to do with being American — conversely, I’m also not ashamed of it as a lot of my fellow countrymen are. I do not take security for granted and I know I can safely roam the streets because of laws that are enforced and because of a base prosperity that does not easily disintegrate into disorder. I do not rely on the idea that it will always be like this.

President Obama is not a president — he is a Minister of Faith and Protector of the Absurd. Our security and prosperity is an illusion that is held together by political spectacle just like the illusion of wealth is held together by indentured servitude.

I will not ridicule anybody for voting. It’s therapeutic to imagine you are making a difference by casting a ballot — a token of faith and hope. But, I also will not pretend that voting matters at all. Political tides will turn, complex laws will pile atop complex laws, scandals will occur, money will be spent in our name — and we’ll still be here living and breathing according to a natural law that humans cannot comprehend because we are not supposed to. It’s not our role to understand enough to act beyond the next peanut butter sandwich — as a lumbering society.

However, as individuals it’s a different story. If you understand freedom, you’ll understand that voting doesn’t matter. You’ll understand that the lure of belief is a narcotic that only separates you from your purpose.

by TOMMY

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

This loser starts one of these threads every day, and then bumps the other 980 threads on the subject up to the front page.
    Points Awarded:

downsouth gave PickWinnerAllDay 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 2Diamonds

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Pretty sad when snooki is telling you to shut the fukk up

PAULYPOKER

The Truth About the Two Party System

“Presuming that the Republican nominee in 2012 is also bad on civil liberties, what should a voter who cares deeply about these issues do?
    A. That’s hard to say, because ultimately, elections are about comparative choices, making it difficult to assess what one should do against an unnamed opponent. If the GOP opponent is substantially worse, that would be a different calculus than if s/he is merely marginally worse or roughly as bad.
    But what is clear is that, for a variety of reasons, the two-party system does not work in terms of providing clear choices. No matter who wins, the same permanent factions that control Washington continue to reign. That’s true no matter which issues one considers most important. At some point, it’s going to be necessary to sacrifice some short-term political interests for longer-term considerations about how this suffocating, two-party monster can be subverted. [...]”

http://reason.com/blog/2010/06/11/gl...on-this-suffoc

The two party systems in America is nothing but an illusion of choice to support the “permanent factions” in Washington and the plutocracy. The same transnationalist financiers and corporatist pull the strings of all Washington puppets, regardless of party. The two party duopoly supports the status quo by acting as a counter balance to one another but offers no real choice. Anytime a crisis (which is almost always created by government) dislodges the incumbent party, the supposed saviors are just the same recycled faces from a prior crisis. The voters believe the incoming party will clean up the corruption of the ousted party. This never happens because the incoming party was once the corrupt ousted party and realizes they will be in that position in the cycle again. The Clinton Impeachment seemed to disrupt this cycle a bit but it would appear as if order has been restored since the Clintons and Bushes vacation together, Barbara calls Bill her “other son”, and George Jr. calls Bill his “brother”. Obama has solidified the reconciliation by blocking any chance of investigation or prosecution of Bush era cronies for torture related offenses or Due Process violations. Obama has carried on almost all of Bush’s policies while of course adding his own power grabs for the icing on the cake.
    http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=13369
    http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin382.htm
    http://cbs11tv.com/national/bush.cli...2.1024448.html Drudge Report | June 17, 2005

Former President Bill Clinton discussed his relationship with President Bush’s father last night on CBS LATE SHOW.
    Clinton: “I think we’re good friends. I like him very much. I’ve always liked him. When he was vice president, I was still a governor. We worked together on a number of things. He hosted the governors, in 1983…at Kennebunkport.”
    When they made an announcement about raising funds for Tsunami relief in Houston former First Lady Barbara Bush “announced us. And she said she has started to call me son. I told the Republicans there, I said don’t worry, every family has one, you know, the black sheep. I told them, this just shows you the lengths the Bushes would go to get another president in the family. I wish I could get them to adopt Hillary.”

But they sure put up a good show for the cameras and voters. The disagreements were admittedly rare. In dictatorships or single party “democratic” systems such as the U.S.S.R. where you only get one choice, Communist Red for example, the tide of revolution and disgust with the corrupt in power will eventually lead to the collapse of the single party. Consent of the governed is less necessary in a two party system due to what Greenwald called “partisan tribalism” which manufactures consent and a constant base of support. In a single party system there is no buttressing force such as a supposedly opposition party to brace the failing party or dictator. A complete removal and totally new form of government generally follows the collapse of the uniparty or dictator.
    In the United States the two parties break each other’s fall so to speak. These two parties were once described by Governor Jesse Ventura as nothing but a wrestling match. They look like they are beating each other up on camera, but behind the scenes they all go to the same parties, run in the same elite circles and have the same financial benefactors. For the major policy decisions they defer to the same men behind the curtain. The policies of the two parties clearly reflect this congruence. The only real difference in the two parties is on the periphery of policy decisions. The choice is really between Huge Government Fascist Blue or Fascist Big Government Red. The appropriate question is not which party will erode the Constitution and seize more control, it is only in what arenas and how quickly will the Reds versus the Blues destroy freedom and individualism.

PAULYPOKER

The 2 party system wants you to believe they are the only viable options. That way they can continue their fraudulent game of divide and conquer.

Do you know Einstein's definition of insanity? Doing the same thing and expecting different results. So why do we keep voting for the nominees in these 2 parties?

Both parties support the fraudulent financial system. Both parties support wars and sanctions that have resulted in the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Both parties have stolen our bill of rights in congress. Both parties work for the 1%.

Both parties are subversive... one is just more obvious about it and they really hate birth control and healthcare.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

This forum has posters from all over the world and you dont see joe blow fromn china posting useless trash about his gov.Usa is not the center of the universe and we dont care.

PAULYPOKER

The truth in American politics today, is that we have a one-party system, with Democrats representing one-side of the Big Government Party and Republicans representing another side of the Big Government Party.

Are "we the people" truly represented anymore?

We've grown so accustomed to the 2-party system, that we take it for granted that in America, the land of unlimited possibilities, choosing either a Democrat or Republican amounts to our only available option. And in a sense this is true, because over the years, our Overlords have written laws that game the system in their favor.

So, does our current 2-party system of Democrats and Republicans provide an accurate representation for "we the people"? Or in reality, does it act more to divide us, thus causing our country harm?

Our Founders were not necessarily advocates of political parties. Ben Franklin believed that "confusion engendered" with political parties. Alexander Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay warned that a political party system would only create a "spirit of faction."

George Washington, our first president, refused allegiance to any political party during his 8 years in office, and thought that alternating between 2 parties would be a "frightful despotism."
    At the beginning of the 20th century, the Republican Party came to represent farmers, the gold standard, fiscal responsibility, and a non-interventionist foreign policy.

The Democratic Party represented the Southern landowners, Northern laborers, a fiat money system, a more powerful federal government, and an interventionist foreign policy.

Fast-forward to the modern parties ... The end of the Ronald Reagan administration and Cold War brought significant changes to the parties. The first being the ascendancy of "neoconservatism" with the Bush Sr. administration, and the second being Bill Clinton's "New Democrats."

The "New Democrats" began championing unrestricted globalization, social engineering and more government authority, while paying lip-service to free markets. The "neoconservatives" championed unrestricted globalization as well (while paying lip-service to the free markets), but also demanded an aggressive and interventionist foreign policy.

It's obvious our 2-party system hasn't solved the "issues" of the day. Instead, the system has become increasingly corrupt. Both parties continuously make promises they never intend to keep, and neither represents the people they claim to represent.
    Why? Because both parties are committed to only one purpose - expanding the size and scope of government, and thus, their power. They both want control of our multi-trillion dollar federal budget, and nothing more.

As Ben Franklin warned too, the 2-party system has engendered confusion. The partisan name-calling of "wingnut" and "moonbat" offer nothing of substance to the debate, but merely divides. If you're anti-war, you're automatically a "radical leftist," while supporting the right to life makes you a "right-wing religionist." Even the words "conservative" and "liberal" don't have clear meaning anymore.

I know the 2-party system has greatly divided our nation, pitting "we the people" against each other, whereas we once were united against the State.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Copy/paste x100

PAULYPOKER

The Speech that got Judge Napolitano Fired from Fox Business

“What if the two party system was actually a mechanism used to limit so-called public opinion?”
    “What if there were more than two sides to every issue, but the two parties wanted to box you into a corner?”
    “What if there’s no such thing as public opinion, because every thinking person has opinions that are uniquely his own?”
    “What if what we call public opinion, was just a manufactured narrative that makes it easier to convince people that if their views are different, then there’s something wrong with that, or there’s something wrong with them?”
    “What if the whole purpose of the Democratic and Republican parties was not to expand voters’ choices, but to limit them?”
    “What if the widely perceived differences between the two parties was just an illusion?”
    “What if the heart of the government policy remains the same, no matter who’s in the White House?”
    “What if the heart of government policy remains the same, no matter what the people want?”
    “What if those vaunted differences between Democrat and Republican, were actually just minor disagreements?”
    “What if both parties just want power, and are willing to have young people fight meaningless wars in order to enhance that power?”
    “What if both parties government policies didn’t change when government leaders did?”
    “What if no matter who won an election, government stayed the same?”

PickWinnerAllDay

Mods, seriously, auto-saloon this piece of shit if you aren't going to ban him.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    This loser starts one of these threads every day, and then bumps the other 980 threads on the subject up to the front pagedownsouth gave PickWinnerAllDay 5 SBR Point(s) for this post..
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    3 perfect examples of division.............downsouth,CanuckG and
    PickWinnerAllDay

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    The 2 party system wants you to believe they are the only viable options. That way they can continue their fraudulent game of divide and conquer.

Do you know Einstein's definition of insanity? Doing the same thing and expecting different results. So why do we keep voting for the nominees in these 2 parties?

Both parties support the fraudulent financial system. Both parties support wars and sanctions that have resulted in the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Both parties have stolen our bill of rights in congress. Both parties work for the 1%.

Both parties are subversive... one is just more obvious about it and they really hate birth control and healthcare.
    Many people sat out the last and will be sitting out the next election, it's a start.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post

Many people sat out the last and will be sitting out the next election, it's a start.
    I believe this is not good enough,because time is not on our side..........

PAULYPOKER

Fire Them Both: American two-party system has lost legitimacy

I don’t see why anyone should vote for the Republican or Democratic party ever again. They don’t stand for anything. They work for the interests of the same elites on Wall Street and in Washington. There are slight, temperamental differences between the parties. On all the big issues though, foreign policy, civil liberties, the drug war, financial regulation, they are the same, they are horrible, and they are against the will of the people they haven’t frightened into agreement.The Republicans will give your money to defense contractors and energy companies. The Democrats will give your money to the same people, and take some more to give to the health insurance companies. Some claim they have meaningful differences on tax policy, but this is largely an illusion.

We all get fooled into voting for these petty plutocrats (Russian Oligarchs at least own and do things). They are very good at convincing us to look for the lesser of two evils. I can’t see the lesser evil anymore.

Those of you who still believe the federal government has some positive potential can vote Green. This two party system has lasted for 150 years, but it is not immortal. All we have to do is stop voting for it.
    The concept of divided government used to be very appealing. As long as two packs of scoundrels were working at cross purposes, the rest of us could get away relatively unscathed. Two recent developments have convinced me that even this last-ditch consolation no longer functions. We are losing rights that used to be sacrosanct. Our government now maintains death lists featuring American citizens.

With the passage of the National Defense Authorization Act, Congress has endorsed the executive branch’s past decade of tyrannical over-reach. No one in power is challenging these decisions. Our leaders are so ignorant of our own traditions that they don’t see these developments as problems. Government is no longer divided on anything that matters.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you fire them if you don't vote?

Ballots or bullets dude - the only way to change a government.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

How do you fire them if you don't vote?

Ballots or bullets dude - the only way to change a government.
    How do you fire the two party system if you vote?

PAULYPOKER

Media Corruption and the Two Party System

What drives President Barack Obama to want to seize control of the health care and energy sectors of the U.S. economy? Obama was trained as a Marxist from his days as a young boy in Hawaii when his grandfather picked Communist Party USA member Frank Marshall Davis as his mentor. In college, as Obama tells the story, he picked his “friends” carefully, in order to avoid being perceived as a sell-out, and those friends included the “Marxist professors.” Later, in Chicago, he would become a political associate of another Marxist Professor, Bill Ayers of the University of Illinois. Does anybody see a pattern here?

Based on what we have seen at some of the town hall meetings, there are some Americans who don’t want to see the U.S. go down the Marxist road. This is the time for the media to tell the truth about Obama and his agenda.

Unfortunately, we have now been treated to a new dishonest Obama book, Renegade, by Richard Wolffe, supposedly about “The Making of a President.” Far from being a “renegade,” the evidence shows that this President is probably the most far-left ideologically of any major political party nominee in history. Even as new questions emerge, however, it is still a challenge to get the media to report on the truthful but damaging information that is already a matter of public record.

Wolffe, who worked for the Financial Times and Newsweek, would seem to be in a position to shed light on “the making” of this President. Even though he is described as a “political analyst for MSNBC television, appearing frequently on MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann and Hardball with Chris Matthews,” he claims to have obtained “exclusive interviews with Barack Obama” for his book. These were opportunities to examine aspects of Obama’s still mysterious background.

But it’s apparent that Wolffe didn’t ask the important questions. Only two pages of the Wolffe book are devoted to Frank Marshall Davis, a father figure in Obama’s early life, and nothing is said about the evidence-in the form of 600 pages of his FBI file-about his communist views or membership in the CPUSA.
    The Wolffe book describes Davis as a “leading black activist” and “strong advocate for racial justice” whose “political writings” on “civil rights and labor issues” made him “the target of a McCarthyite denunciation” by the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

Notice the use of the term “McCarthyite” being associated with a House committee. McCarthy, of course, was a senator. Wolffe uses the term “McCarthyite” to make the point, which is false, that Davis was not in any sense a communist or fellow-traveler. Wolffe understands that many people have been conditioned by academia to recoil at the thought of anything associated with McCarthyism.

The false information provided by Wolffe is similar to what the Obama campaign said about Davis when it was discovered last year that the mysterious “Frank” from Obama’s book, Dreams from My Father, was in fact Frank Marshall Davis. If Davis were such an innocent figure, why didn’t Obama give us his full name and tell us whether he accepted or rejected Davis’s communist views? It was later revealed that Davis, a notorious drinker, was a pornographer and a sex pervert, adding to the concern about the nature of the Obama-Davis relationship. Sex sells, except when it involves the President’s childhood mentor.

This was one of the major cover-ups of the political campaign, and the cover-up continues.
    Nothing is said by Wolffe about the fact that the 600-page FBI file on Frank Marshall Davis covers the years 1944-1963, meaning that he was under investigation or surveillance for at least 19 years. One document refers to Frank Marshall Davis having CPUSA affiliations dating back to 1931. The evidence also shows that Davis was involved in communist activities in the 1970s, during the time he mentored Obama in Hawaii. Davis was on the FBI’s security index, meaning that Davis could be arrested or detained in the event of a national emergency. The FBI material documents Davis’s anti-white and pro-Soviet views, infiltration of the Hawaii Democratic Party, and other activities.

Wolffe’s book also describes communist terrorist Bill Ayers as just “the former 1960s radical” who was just an “acquaintance” of Obama’s. This is so superficial as to be laughable. But it’s not a laughing matter to be associating with someone who bombed police stations. That is why Obama and his campaign repeatedly tried to play down the relationship, and why Ayers went into virtual hiding during the campaign.
    Nevertheless, Wolffe has been hired at a “public affairs” firm called Public Strategies, whose CEO and president is former Bush White House official Dan Bartlett, “one of President Bush’s most trusted advisors,” his bio says. The hiring of Wolffe shows that Bartlett and his cronies do not put ideology or philosophy ahead of making bucks in the Obama era.

According to Wolffe’s bio at Public Strategies, “As Senior White House Correspondent for Newsweek, Wolffe covered President Obama and his inner circle from the launch of his presidential campaign through the president’s first few months in office.” In addition to his work on MSNBC, the bio says that he has appeared on Fox News, “as well as international media, including the BBC.”
    It is apparent that British-born “Senior Strategist” Wolffe brings access to Obama’s inner circle and perhaps the President himself for the corporate and other clients of the Public Strategies lobbying group, which even has a Mexico affiliate.

This kind of advertised access to Obama’s “inner circle” helps explain why the truth about Davis and Ayers was concealed from the readers of his book. Wolffe obviously wants to protect his “sources,” who could be helpful to the Public Strategies group.

“As recently as July 20, Wolffe was spotted visiting the White House for a meeting with senior adviser David Axelrod,” reported the Politico. That same day, Politico reported, Wolffe wrote a column for the Daily Beast website quoting “a senior White House official” saying Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s job was safe. “Such information could have been very useful to the Financial Services Forum, a Public Strategies client comprised of the chief executive officers of 17 of the top U.S. financial institutions,” the paper said.

Ironically, however, the Politico is a “Media Partner” of Public Strategies and they co-sponsored a recent poll on Obama’s job performance. So the conflicts of interest are expanding. What’s more, Politico published a plug for the Wolffe book on June 2.

Politico has now published an August 18 follow-up flattering story about Bartlett and other former Bush officials emerging as effective public relations practitioners.
    This is how Washington’s “inner circle” works. The truth matters less than how it is perceived and shaped by the insiders from both major political parties. These people are all about making money and deals, not seeking truth.
    Health care of some kind will be needed to deal with the growing numbers of Americans who are sick of it.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

I don’t see why anyone should vote for the Republican or Democratic party ever again. They don’t stand for anything. They work for the interests of the same elites on Wall Street and in Washington. There are slight, temperamental differences between the parties. On all the big issues though, foreign policy, civil liberties, the drug war, financial regulation, they are the same, they are horrible, and they are against the will of the people they haven’t frightened into agreement.The Republicans will give your money to defense contractors and energy companies. The Democrats will give your money to the same people, and take some more to give to the health insurance companies. Some claim they have meaningful differences on tax policy, but this is largely an illusion.

We all get fooled into voting for these petty plutocrats (Russian Oligarchs at least own and do things). They are very good at convincing us to look for the lesser of two evils. I can’t see the lesser evil anymore.

Those of you who still believe the federal government has some positive potential can vote Green. This two party system has lasted for 150 years, but it is not immortal. All we have to do is stop voting for it.
    The concept of divided government used to be very appealing. As long as two packs of scoundrels were working at cross purposes, the rest of us could get away relatively unscathed. Two recent developments have convinced me that even this last-ditch consolation no longer functions. We are losing rights that used to be sacrosanct. Our government now maintains death lists featuring American citizens.

With the passage of the National Defense Authorization Act, Congress has endorsed the executive branch’s past decade of tyrannical over-reach. No one in power is challenging these decisions. Our leaders are so ignorant of our own traditions that they don’t see these developments as problems. Government is no longer divided on anything that matters.

PP, can't argue with everything you say but there is a difference between conservatives and progressives. Every social issue that was settled in this country via voting for the proper candidates on the progressive side has advanced causes that we all now agree on. Civil rights, womens rights, child labor law and dozens and dozens of others. If the conservatives would have been in constant power none of these issues would be settled.

Thus claiming there is no difference is not 100% accurate. A totally conservative policy would have produced a much different America.
    Last edited by dante1; 07-07-12 at 09:09 PM.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post

PP, can't argue with everything you say but there is a difference between conservatives and progressives. Every social issue that was settled in this country via voting for the proper candidates on the progressive side has advanced causes that we all now agree on. Civil rights, womens rights, child labor law and dozens and dozens of others. If the conservatives would have been in constant power none of these issues would be settled.

Thus claiming there is no difference is not 100% accurate. A totally conservative policy would have produced a much different America.
    I created this thread to show specifically that the 2 party system is to blame and must go...

I don't care about some of these comments not being 100% accurate,but I do care about the 2 party system being a 100% failure to the people which is all that matters if the constitution is what we go by.....

What I'm saying, either the 2 party system goes or we as we the people has no chance period,wake up and spread this truth or sit back and watch your very freedom gradually disappear,yes, it is this simple............

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you fire the two party system if you vote?
    Support a candidate from a 3rd party
    Support an independent candidate
    Run for office
    Spam a sports gambling forum
    Last edited by muldoon; 07-07-12 at 09:44 PM.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

I created this thread to show specifically that the 2 party system is to blame and must go...

I don't care about some of these comments not being 100% accurate,but I do care about the 2 party system being a 100% failure to the people which is all that matters if the constitution is what we go by.....

What I'm saying, either the 2 party system goes or we as we the people has no chance period,wake up and spread this truth or sit back and watch your very freedom gradually disappear,yes, it is this simple............
    I was really hoping you followed that statement with or I go. You have thousands of political boards to make your opinions known yet you consistantly troll a gambling forum for your opinions/ramblings.

Please if it is so bad and destined to fail why not get ahead of the ball and leave early?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

Support a candidate from a 3rd party
    Support an independent candidate
    Run for office
    That does absolutely nothing...........

Did you ever see the actual # of votes for independent candidates throughout history?

The problem is much larger than any one person on earth could even dream of changing,so there goes your run for office theory........In other words the corruption in congress will eat you alive if you do not join it.......

All PEOPLE must realize that joining forces to become one voice is the only answer,quit being dependent on a system that cares about you as much as an heroin addicted parent...............

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

I was really hoping you followed that statement with or I go. You have thousands of political boards to make your opinions known yet you consistantly troll a gambling forum for your opinions/ramblings.

Please if it is so bad and destined to fail why not get ahead of the ball and leave early?
    I don't know pal but my freedom is more important to me than a dumb ass like you trying to close his eyes tapping his shoes 3 times repeating there is no place like home.....

We will see how far your atrocious selfishness gets you in the near future pal............

PAULYPOKER

After all You are the very type of person I despise,you take advantage of peoples weaknesses to gain wealth,you loan fukkin betpoints for Christ's sake,making a profit off of helpless degenerate gamblers,just this alone tells me what kind of scum you are.............

betpoints? get the fukk out..............

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Wealthy Americans moving to Australia, wealthy French moving up to the UK.

PAULYPOKER

"We the people are the rightful masters of
    both Congress & the courts, not to over-
    throw the Constitution, but overthrow the
    men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I like that Muldoon, "Ballots or Bullets". Until a viable 3rd or 4th party system comes into play, deal with it.
    Like Muldoon said,"how are you going to fire/ hire the candidates", if you don't vote?

Post in here all day, everyday trying to convince the same 'ol people who have their own minds?
    You have your way of thinking, we have ours.

God love ya for trying.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Now that the dust has settled from the recent mid-term elections and the absurdity of “us and them” is starting subside, I need to explain that the US Government is fundamentally defunct and has been for many decades. Despite what we may have heard, we do not live in a democracy. The United States was conceived as a Constitutional Republic that was intended to protect the rights of individuals framed by a concept of freedom, and the US government no longer has a role in doing this. Now, the US government is technically a polyarchy.

You cannot rely on anybody else to evolve. It just isn’t going to happen and the hopeful feeling of voting for somebody to represent you is like a toxic drug that keeps you addicted to political marketing and propaganda. I understand it. I used to be emotionally obsessed with politics, but felt a tremendous peace once I no longer focused on people and their promises.

I have concluded that freedom cannot be guaranteed by governments because human majorities do not truly desire freedom, and will instead cyclically demand tyranny as a society. Freedom is hard work and a constant battle that very few individuals will perform even if they are willing to fight and die under its banner. Fighting and dying in the name of freedom is actually easier than practicing freedom. There is absolutely no correlation between freedom and voting for representatives. Although this sounds critical of the United States government, I find our Constitution to be a moving piece of philosophy that is both elegant in its ambiguity and genius in its assumptions that everybody could even understand what it is saying.

I have no affection for political boundaries even though I appreciate the historical context and security that American citizenry affords. I take no pride in being American because I had very little to do with being American — conversely, I’m also not ashamed of it as a lot of my fellow countrymen are. I do not take security for granted and I know I can safely roam the streets because of laws that are enforced and because of a base prosperity that does not easily disintegrate into disorder. I do not rely on the idea that it will always be like this.

President Obama is not a president — he is a Minister of Faith and Protector of the Absurd. Our security and prosperity is an illusion that is held together by political spectacle just like the illusion of wealth is held together by indentured servitude.

I will not ridicule anybody for voting. It’s therapeutic to imagine you are making a difference by casting a ballot — a token of faith and hope. But, I also will not pretend that voting matters at all. Political tides will turn, complex laws will pile atop complex laws, scandals will occur, money will be spent in our name — and we’ll still be here living and breathing according to a natural law that humans cannot comprehend because we are not supposed to. It’s not our role to understand enough to act beyond the next peanut butter sandwich — as a lumbering society.

However, as individuals it’s a different story. If you understand freedom, you’ll understand that voting doesn’t matter. You’ll understand that the lure of belief is a narcotic that only separates you from your purpose.

by TOMMY

This is actually a GREAT post, but you're missing the point. When you have 2 parties that are not interested in anything but getting paid? Where do you go?
    I go to the polls because I believe the 'neither' vote here for a LOT of key spots in NV is important. Problem is, when you create bickering/division, you get EXACTLY what both parties want. That's why I get angry at partisan hackery (although, I hate my party (R), more than anything).

Not voting is a mistake. Going to the polls, checking in, and voting for NO ONE or voting for 'none of the above' is the strongest statement you can make as an American. I will go and vote for candidates I really like locally here in Vegas - and I will vote for neither major party candidate for President.

Both parties fix it to keep us arguing - when the reality is, you can go to vote and vote for no one. That is WAY more powerful than general bullshit apathy of Americans. When you DON'T vote and bitch, you really have to right to bitch. You have the option to show up and vote and vote for NO ONE.

This is a difficult idea for most people to sort out, but it CAN be done. I figure it's easier to be some dumbshite that isn't watching the Oligarchy surrounding them created by DC, which is served by 2 parties. In the last 10 years, how has your town or city been DOMINATED by this? Look no further than Detroit. It's not greedy unions, I have my problems with them, but it was the COMPANIES that bailed out on the people, whom we mostly bailed out. The US makes f-all now, and it's because we support the 2 party system - and neither party does nothing for us, unless you're a millionaire. Don't NOT vote EVER. ALWAYS vote, and vote for no one.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Cause of the red and blue States are 50/50 and only 3 States have a chance to win the nomination.

PAULYPOKER

Visit this thread ASAP....

And finally, the irs gets audited!

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Only mindless sheep still vote for Rs and Ds.

Lp.org

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

geez...voting DOES matter...ya don't vote don't fn bitch. end of story.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by golfrulz View Post
    geez...voting DOES matter...ya don't vote don't fn bitch. end of story.
    So you believe that there is someone in this super flawed 2 party system that will represent the people?

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

How fitting is a picture of that whore from Jersey?

She is the perfect poster child for anyone who believes their vote matters ...