jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

How would you react @ movies

Went to see the movie Ted last night. Got into the movie about 15 minutes till show time and it is packed. There are only seats available in the first 3 rows( right in front of the screen). So my gf and I sit in the second row, there is a mom and her 2 ten Ish year old children.

About 5 minutes into the movie, the kid starts kicking my seat over and over. I don't say anything for about 5 minutes and realize its not going to stop so I turn around and say. Your son is kicking my seat could you ask him to stop. About 10 minutes goes by and same thing, kicking over and over. I turn around and ask again. Another 30 minutes goes by, so I turn around once more and say sternly. Could you please grt your son to stop kicking my seat. She responds by saying " if it bothers you that much why don't you fuckking move" to which I said why don't you learn to control your kid.

Mind you the theater is packed so there is no seats available. If there were, I sure the hell wouldn't have been sitting in the 2nd row.

Anyways, how would you have handled it? Think I was
    pretty reasonable and not asking much.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I would have left and asked the theater for my money back. and gone and seen it another time. Almost all theaters will give you your money back.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

How was the movie?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

would've slapped that stupid fukkin kkunt

jnickell100

Eidolon. I thought about that but decided against it because we had plans to see the movie then and I had to work in th morning. I didn't want to waste a night.

@houlihan I thought the movie was a disappointment. Just my opinion. I love family guy so thought I would like this too. Some really funny parts but most of them are in the commercials

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I would have taken the lid off of my soda, gotten up to leave and dropped it on the little shit. Then walked out and gotten my money back and tell them some ritalin sniffer keeps kicking your seat, there isn't anywhere to move, this showing has been ruined for you and you'll come back later, take the refund.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I would have called her a first class mom, smiled and said I hope your son grows into a well mannered adult like she is.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

did you hear about the black couple that stopped talking at the movies??

the movie's over

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Man what a bitch. Do u live near King Mayan?

I thought the movie was funny as shit.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Went to see the movie Ted last night. Got into the movie about 15 minutes till show time and it is packed. There are only seats available in the first 3 rows( right in front of the screen). So my gf and I sit in the second row, there is a mom and her 2 ten Ish year old children.

About 5 minutes into the movie, the kid starts kicking my seat over and over. I don't say anything for about 5 minutes and realize its not going to stop so I turn around and say. Your son is kicking my seat could you ask him to stop. About 10 minutes goes by and same thing, kicking over and over. I turn around and ask again. Another 30 minutes goes by, so I turn around once more and say sternly. Could you please grt your son to stop kicking my seat. She responds by saying " if it bothers you that much why don't you fuckking move" to which I said why don't you learn to control your kid.

Mind you the theater is packed so there is no seats available. If there were, I sure the hell wouldn't have been sitting in the 2nd row.

Anyways, how would you have handled it? Think I was
    pretty reasonable and not asking much.
    Not much you could have done without losing your dignity or going to jail. You handled it as best as you could. As the little Miami Heat fan would say, "Great job, good effort!!!"

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I would have gone to a manager and told him/her. If it continues the manager can remove the family.

I did that one time with this guy who had a screaming baby in the theater. The manager said "he paid to see the movie too". I told him I paid to be able to hear the movie and I can't if a baby is screaming.

So I wrote the theater and they gave me a free ticket and told me they instructed the manager to remove people who create a disturbance.

jnickell100

I live in bakersfiekd. Which is an hour and a half south of LA. just a white trash mom bringing her little kids to see Ted. Can see the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

Anyways I know if that was me as a child, well for one my mom wouldn't have taken me to see that movie that young but had that happened. I would have gotten my ass whipped that's for sure.

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I would have gone to a manager and told him/her. If it continues the manager can remove the family.

I did that one time with this guy who had a screaming baby in the theater. The manager said "he paid to see the movie too". I told him I paid to be able to hear the movie and I can't if a baby is screaming.

So I wrote the theater and they gave me a free ticket and told me they instructed the manager to remove people who create a disturbance.
    I actually just called the theater. Talked to the manager and he said I should have went and talked to staff during the movie and the family most likely would have been removed. Told him I didn't want to cause a bigger scene during the movie. I did get some tickets for the inconvenience though.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

I think you handled it as well as any reasonable person could have. But how great would this be?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I think you handled it as well as any reasonable person could have. But how great would this be?
    That's a good option.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

You should've asked her what kind of piece of shit mother takes 2 young kids to an R rated movie? No wonder they're out of control, they clearly have no role model.

Pisses me off.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Anyways I know if that was me as a child, well for one my mom wouldn't have taken me to see that movie that young
    No kidding. That alone says a lot about the parenting level of the mother. I think you handled it correctly.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

I've got a short fuse, I would have bitch slapped the mom