Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Andruw Jones LF
    Jayson Nix SS
    Darnell McDonald CF
    Chris Stewart C

RHP Freddy Garcia

The Yankees first bus didn’t leave the hotel until 10 a.m. The second bus of players — the one with most of the big names on it — didn’t arrive until around 11.
    “Long days,” Joe Girardi said. “Do I enjoy them? Let me tell you, I’d prefer not to have it. I worry about our players. The great thing is we’re going into the break and they’ll have four days to recover, but you really worry about it when you don’t have those extra days to recover.”
    This is going to be a long day of baseball, the Yankees first split doubleheader of the year. Curtis Granderson is sitting out the first game, Alex Rodriguez will sit the second and Girardi said he’ll try to make sure his guys stay as rested and healthy as possible. Having a night game tomorrow helps because it allows a little more time to rest.
    “I’m always concerned about a split doubleheader, especially with the games here because, as you’ve kind of noticed, we don’t play them very quickly,” Girardi said. “There’s going to be a lot of baseball today, and I’ll watch it. Hopefully we’ll have some cloud cover the first game.”
    • Why hit Mark Teixeira second? Girardi said he simply wanted to keep his usual middle-of-the-order together in the same order rather than shuffle things around. “Just decided to move everybody up because they’re used to hitting in that order,” Girardi said.
    • Cory Wade is here and available for both games. Girardi said he’s fine with some of his relievers pitching all three games this weekend because of the all-star break coming up. As for today, there’s a chance he could use a pitcher in both games, most likely Clay Rapada because he’s had two days off.
    Last edited by Br0nxer; 07-07-12 at 10:50 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

interesting

is it hughes or garcia starting?'

they gonna start on time?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These are baseball games and guys making millions

Its not a tough job even a double header
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Koldazzice

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Mario post your plays. I have a good feeling about you today, don't know why but i do.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

When getting paid 10 million you would think they can give you 6 hours in a day of their time

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

seriously JJ! as much as I love and respect baseball and the skill it takes to be great in it.

This isnt basketball, football, Hockey, or a soccer doubleheader.... 90% of baseball is standing around or sitting in the dugout. Unless your pitching of course.
    Can't wait until football season!

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    seriously JJ! as much as I love and respect baseball and the skill it takes to be great in it.

This isnt basketball, football, Hockey, or a soccer doubleheader.... 90% of baseball is standing around or sitting in the dugout. Unless your pitching of course.
    Can't wait until football season!

Hockey > all sports physically

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I think Garcia is starting, right? SBR is saying Hughes though.