PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

MLB Trade Deadline talk

I found this little tidbit interesting, but please let me know any rumors you've heard from any sources and/or what your favorite team needs to dump or needs to acquire.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...or-cole-hamels

Personally, I think Garza is not that valuable as a Cubs fan. More than Cole Hamels is a bit ridiculous, even if he can be had for all of 2013 as well. I think Garza and Dempster will both be dumped and it'll build up the minor leagues even more for the Cubbies... LaHair might be moved but I could see no one wanting him based on his lack of production since the first 2 months.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

regardless of who's more valuable, im sure GM's would be more cautious in negotiating for Garza. Epstein is hungry for prospects and seeing the homegrown talent he produced with the Sox, he's capable of robbing a club's farm

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope the mets go out and get another bat and some relief help. Would be nice to be a buyer this year after what I thought we would be.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I found this little tidbit interesting, but please let me know any rumors you've heard from any sources and/or what your favorite team needs to dump or needs to acquire.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...or-cole-hamels

Personally, I think Garza is not that valuable as a Cubs fan. More than Cole Hamels is a bit ridiculous, even if he can be had for all of 2013 as well. I think Garza and Dempster will both be dumped and it'll build up the minor leagues even more for the Cubbies... LaHair might be moved but I could see no one wanting him based on his lack of production since the first 2 months.
    If Dempster can come back and prove he's healthy then he will definitely be moved, and teams should make a strong move for him as a rental. High quality veteran. He could put some team over the top.

LaHair will stay for now.

Can the Cubs move Soriano if they eat most of his contract?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Prates after Headley and Quentin

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Prates after Headley and Quentin
    would be a great move for Pitts. Headley is a good hitter. very under rated.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I guess that Garza is still sought after because teams assume he has kind of mailed it in because of how bad the Cubs have been since he's been here. Going to a contender might get him amped again.

Nyjrkm06
    Mets
    Nyjrkm06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

wish the mets could package a deal for street and quentin, that would solidify us as a playoff contender.