tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you think of Yu Darvish as an all star?

As a ranger fan I think he's more deserving than joe Nathan. Yu has been a solid starter this year for the rangers. As far as I know atleast 10 strikeouts per start. I'm a ranger fan so my opinion doesn't hold much value.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

He is better than I expected and he has been great since his slow start, other than walking too many guys. His 3.68 FIP legitimizes his 3.59 ERA and his 2.2 WAR sits just outside the Top 10 in the AL. I'd have no beef with him being an All-Star.

tatommack

Only games I recall him struggling at all were his first and last start.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    Only games I recall him struggling at all were his first and last start.
    I was thinking of his first two starts. Yes he escaped with only allowing two runs in his second start but he allowed nine hits plus four walks in 5.2 innings.

tatommack

I think the walks are from trying to strike guys out. The guy has like 10 legit pitches in his arsenal. Only time he's struggled with his control was the first game. He was nervous as hell he still came back from that horrablie inning to pitch 6 innings.

LT Profits

The Rangers don't want him in the game anyway since they are shutting him down until after the All-Star break. Holland is probably taking Darvish's turn Saturday.