bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Anyone else tired of hearing all this shit about how good Matt Moore is?

rooster_eater is average at best, I've watched like his last 5 games and hes trash everytime, whats so great about a 4.5 era and a 95 mph with no movement?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    rooster_eater is average at best, I've watched like his last 5 games and hes trash everytime, whats so great about a 4.5 era and a 95 mph with no movement?
    His age.

bettilimbroke999

How old is he 15? Never heard such bullshit braggin about a 4.5 ERA rookie with a shit wild pitch lookin curveball and a belt high fastball he supposedly "blows by" ppl at 95 as opposed to the normal 93 mph fastball

PickWinnerAllDay

How old is he 15? Never heard such bullshit braggin about a 4.5 ERA rookie with a shit wild pitch lookin curveball and a belt high fastball he supposedly "blows by" ppl at 95 as opposed to the normal 93 mph fastball
    The normal fastball for a lefty certainly is not 93.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

ha funny stuff, yeah the sabermetrics nerds point to his "swinging strike rate" which is like 12% which is 4th behind Hamels, Dickey and Strasburg

Not saying I agree with them that he's great, just saying what they like about him statistically

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    The normal fastball for a lefty certainly is not 93.
    Thats basically what I figured they're braggin about this 4.3 ERA idiot with 3-5 record bc hes a lefty, if u can throw a ball left-handed you're automatically considered to be the next Koufax

PickWinnerAllDay

Thats basically what I figured they're braggin about this 4.3 ERA idiot with 3-5 record bc hes a lefty, if u can throw a ball left-handed you're automatically considered to be the next Koufax
    It isn't about his numbers. It is about his potential more so. He looked pretty dominant in the playoffs last year if you'll recall.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Somebody is on the Rays and being a bitch about it.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Somebody is on the Rays and being a bitch about it.
    I dont let my bets bias me, I've been betting wayyyyyy too long to do that. Im not talkin about this one game though hes pitchin to a 9 ERA so far tonight, Im talkin about the last 5 games of his I've watched (and he's only got 8 career games). I mean this guys won 3 out of 8 lifetime, has a 4.3 ERA and they talk about it him like hes Strasburg

PickWinnerAllDay

I dont let my bets bias me, I've been betting wayyyyyy too long to do that. Im not talkin about this one game though hes pitchin to a 9 ERA so far tonight, Im talkin about the last 5 games I've watched, I mean this guys won 3 games out of 8, has a 4.3 ERA and they talk about it him like hes Strasburg
    A 4 or so ERA in the AL East has translated to a 3 or so ERA in the NL whenever pitchers make that shift... Just something to consider.

bettilimbroke999

Walks 2 guys in front of Robinson Cano, great idea

bettilimbroke999

Okay nevermind miracle double play guess they brag on him for his fielding lol

PickWinnerAllDay

I'm guessing you bet the Rays here because you were fading Freddy Garcia.

So shouldn't you be upset at the Rays' offense for not being able to hit him so far? Misplaced anger.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Nobody talks about him like he is Strasburgh.

Strasburgh unanimous choice for All-Star game. Matt Moore not even a whisper.

The hype surrounding Moore is based on him dominating AAA, which they can not send him back too. He will just dominate again, and never learn to adjust to MLB hitters. Also when Moore made a road start in TX during the playoffs, and dominated it caught the attenton of everybody.

bettilimbroke999

A 4 or so ERA in the AL East has translated to a 3 or so ERA in the NL whenever pitchers make that shift... Just something to consider.
    Im sure his ERA would be .5 ERA less in the NL bc of the pitchers batting but c'mon 4-5 with a 4.3 ERA is nothing to be suckin his dick all day like hes the worlds best

bettilimbroke999

I'm guessing you bet the Rays here because you were fading Freddy Garcia.

So shouldn't you be upset at the Rays' offense for not being able to hit him so far? Misplaced anger.
    Im just a casual objective baseball observer

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Nobody talks about him like he is Strasburgh.

Strasburgh unanimous choice for All-Star game. Matt Moore not even a whisper.

The hype surrounding Moore is based on him dominating AAA, which they can not send him back too. He will just dominate again, and never learn to adjust to MLB hitters. Also when Moore made a road start in TX during the playoffs, and dominated it caught the attenton of everybody.
    The announcers on ESPN and MLB Tonight talk about him like hes a future hall of famer

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

You're right, Moore has been average at best. He walks too many batters, throwing too many pitches. But to be fair:

He's a rookie
    10th in MLB with 9.10 K/9
    High scoring division, poor hitting team. Their best players have spent a ton of time on the disabled list (Longoria, Jennings, Joyce, Scott). Any given night the lineup looks like a minor league team, full of role players. Matsui started tonight's game at cleanup (.177 BA, 2 HR), all you need to know right there.
    ESPN just noted that the month of June was the Rays worst hitting month in their existence. If you know this team's history, that's pretty bad.
    With the injuries, the defense has been horrible. More errors committed than all of last year. All the Rays pitching has been affected by the poor defense this year (James Shields especially). Hard to pitch when 2 runs might mean a loss.
    Again, he's a rookie. Left hander with easy heat. Can't help what the pundits say. But there's not a GM in baseball that wouldn't take him right now. Wins and ERA don't always tell the story (see Cliff Lee).

I live in Tampa and I know this team. I've learned to tune out the mouthpieces at ESPN, etc.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i remember reading something on fangraphs about him having a really good change up, but since it won't work against lefties, he has to throw his curveball which he was not throwing very well early in the season.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

also don't listen when rick sutcliffe says anything. he pick samardzija in the 20s of the espn fanchise draft they did several weeks ago. based on this you have to figure he was either trolling or has no idea how to evaluate talent.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont let my bets bias me, I've been betting wayyyyyy too long to do that. Im not talkin about this one game though hes pitchin to a 9 ERA so far tonight, Im talkin about the last 5 games of his I've watched (and he's only got 8 career games). I mean this guys won 3 out of 8 lifetime, has a 4.3 ERA and they talk about it him like hes Strasburg
    he's pitched in nearly 20 games not 8. his hype comes from the fact that he faced the yankees in the first start he ever made and struck out 11 over 5 shutout innings

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Tonight is his 17 career start. Innings pitched 97.1 with 105 K's/45 BB. Not too bad for a number 3 starter. He'll be okay.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by taxe91 View Post
    he's pitched in nearly 20 games not 8. his hype comes from the fact that he faced the yankees in the first start he ever made and struck out 11 over 5 shutout innings
    I know what his hype comes from and when I said 8 career games I meant 8 games of record with a 3-5 result, he throws one great starting game in the playoffs and is automatically a great pitcher , decent pitcher but the way the media sucks him off nonstop I thought id see a future Cy Young winner or something

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

the kid is fvcking great.... the Yanks would LOVE to have him...

don't let those yankee fans fool you, when they are jealous, they say the other guy sucks..
    if he really sucked, they would be talking about how great the Yanks are

YANKEE RULE: whenever they complain about a player being overrated, he's good
    and they are jealous.