Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

Carlos Lee Is A Bastard

Yeah, you have a no trade clause. You have the option to block any trade, but there comes a time that you have to just do what the right thing is. You love being in Houston because its close to your cattle ranch. You might love Houston, but you evidently sure as hell hate the Astros. You have not come close to earning your salary in the last 2-3 years. The moral thing you could do is sacrifice 3 friggin months of your life with another team, so the franchise that paid you this crazy contract can get some type of reimbursement for their future. At least you could make a major contribution to this franchise off the field, where you have not been able to do it on the field.

I hope the Houston fans boo the hell out of you when you get back to Minute Maid Park. I hope the only team that's interested in you after this season is a team further away from Los Angeles like Seattle, Boston, or New York. I don't even think a team will be interested in you after this year anyway. Houston won't even consider you as a DH once they move to the American League after you pulled this stunt. Enjoy your cattle ranch you selfish prick.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Wille Bee would be proud of that post KLC!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

That's Booger Lee to you, sir.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

El Caballo strikes again.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Well said

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree KLC

Weeton
    Weeton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey he earned the right to veto. Remember, Oswalt held out on waiving his no-trade for quite some time. Lee maybe thinks there is somewhere better to go or maybe is just content with being a fat bastard with some cows.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

thank you Jesus... Almost had another Ned colletti piece of shit trade.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Definitely agree w/ KLC here.

DoctorPhil
    DoctorPhil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think Lee gives a rats ass about what fans think?

It's not his fault he got a NTC.

Obviously it home is important to him, why are you ragging on him? Some people want to squeeze every last dime out of a team, some people want a contender. who da fk cares. He took less money to go to the Astros anyway. It's not Lee's responsibility to set this franchise up for the future, it's management. If they saw a scenario where they didn't see him playing out the remainder of the contract and wanted to trade him, they shouldn't have given him the no trade clause.

That, and the Dodgers suck b@ll sacks right now anyway.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Its simple - he cares more about the $ and no pressure to perform than facing a little pressure and a chance to win a ring. Absolutely ridiculous!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Hey he earned the right to veto. Remember, Oswalt held out on waiving his no-trade for quite some time. Lee maybe thinks there is somewhere better to go or maybe is just content with being a fat bastard with some cows.
    The difference between people like Oswalt and Berkman are that they were beloved in Houston. They came through the organization, and gave their heart and soul to this franchise. They helped contribute to our only World Series appearance. Carlos Lee has been an albatross for 3 years now. He is a fat fukk, who doesn't give a damn about anyone but Carlos, and the Astros fans know it. We've wanted him gone for 2 years now, but former management made it impossible with the contract he signed. I was listening to a local Houston radio show this morning, and this sonbitch has a welcoming committee ready to meet him on Friday night at Minute Maid Park when they face the Brewers. Maybe we'll have a record crowd for this year to boo his ass out of town.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

meh blame the front office

he wouldnt be trade bait if they had anyone around him who's worth a fukkin shit in the lineup and they had a snowballs chance in hell to compete the last couple years

no idea what kind of talent they have in the minors but their big league roster is a fukkin joke

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

great post..

when i heard dude turned down trade to lad it told me all i needed to know about the guy, not like you abandoning your home, its a fukkin job, go try and help a good team win for once in your life then do whatever you want after the season....gutless, you just cant give some of these fukks money they turn into albert hainsworth....