ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Oh'I forgot I'm talking to two know it all lawyers who believe they are above the "so called social norm"............

Actually I see now why you are giving me so much interference,you falsely believe you will somehow make it to the class of the Elite therefore you are defending them as if you belong,how naive......
    I fully intend to be rich. I doubt I will ever be wealthy.

Wealth is not made by education.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 427

The only thing that mandatory car insurance and mandatory health insurance have in common is that they both are a license to steal for the insurance companies, an easy way to fleece every American and we can't do a thing about it.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Oh Pauly, you and your elite nonsense. I don't need to be in the top one percent of earners to be happy or accomplish what I want to accomplish financially. Save the nonsense for someone dumb enough to not see through it.
    Yes, you will do good in that profession,your classic case of anti social disorder is perfectly matched......

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Yes, you will do good in that profession,your classic case of anti social disorder is perfectly matched......
    You seem to think you are more informed than people even though those people are smarter than you? Why? Answer this question for me please.

PAULYPOKER

You seem to think you are more informed than people even though those people are smarter than you? Why? Answer this question for me please.
    I already did countless times but you'll never see it due to your blindness/sickness............

Go see a psychologist if you can't do it on your own.............

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

can I add my two cents?

I could see the above situation being completely plausible and it does in fact happen everyday. Do you not see how a dumb person like me could be more informed than people that are smarter than me? hypothetically speaking?

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Barry will try to destroy your chance at wealth....

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Barry will try to destroy your chance at wealth....
    You don't understand, I can't be wealthy. It is something you are born into, by brain or name.

My brain doesn't create innovation, and my name doesn't give me free money. As a result, I can only be rich.

Obama doesn't fukk with the Rich. Only the wealthy.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Well I got news for you sunshine,if you are not in the class of the Elite by the time NWO is in order,you will be in the class of the poor,now that you can take to the BANK......

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Stop hijacking tittys thread. All comments should be directed at the person (people) who either don't know the difference between mandatory health insurance and optional auto insurance

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    TTWarrior... here in Illinois it is the law to have at least the following coverage IF you own a car that is registered to drive...

Mandatory Insurance

Illinois' mandatory insurance law is one of the most significant consumer protection measures now on the books.
    Complying with the Law

You are in compliance with the mandatory insurance law if you have vehicle liability insurance in the following minimum amounts:
    • $20,000 - injury or death of one person in an accident
    • $40,000 - injury or death of more than one person in an accident
    • $15,000 - damage to property of another person
    You must always carry your insurance card in your vehicle and show it upon request by any law enforcement officer. Your insurance company will send you an insurance card, usually when your insurance policy is issued or renewed.
    Your signature on the Vehicle Renewal Registration Application affirms that your vehicle will be properly insured throughout the registration period.

see for the Auto Insurnance...if you CHOOSE and DECIDE to get a car, then you are FORCED to have insurance or face consequences if you drive without it.

now for HEALTH INSURANCE part of the equation..... the equivalent to the above would be if a state law REQUIRED an individual, say a 400 pound individual to hve the following coverage..
    • $20,000 - injury or death of one person in an accident
    • $40,000 - injury or death of more than one person in an accident
    • $15,000 - damage to property of another person
    see the Mandatory Auto Insurance=Health insurance doesn't hold water, unless you require...say a big fat person to carry a card around showing that he has 20,000 dollars of coverage that the insurance company will pay the victim, if the big fat person SITS on them or injures them. Or 15,000 dollars if the big fat person breaks a bunch of furniture in someone else's house.

Now the big fat person would never be able to use THAT insurance he was forced to Buy to protech other people's things, At a doctor's offfice to receive any $ off of the actual costs associated with the visit.... NOT unless he paid a higher premium and got a higher coverage than the minimum required by law....

So yeah, if they change how health care works to the fictional account of how it would work for the FAT GUY, then yeah that argument the professor states wouldn't be a straw man that is easy to burn.

not to mention AGAIN... no one is forcing anyone to buy and drive a car.......and get Auto insurance..

you are forced to have a body, and that body by the laws of nature WILL have health....good and bad

health insurance is supposed to help defray or completely cover the costs associated with "owning a body" and having it "need" health care...

does auto-health seem different to you yet?

if not I'm gonna beat your brains and mom's kitchen with a baseball bat, and you can make a claim with my health insurance company for the damages

TTWarrior, to bring this full circle... I forgot to add in, Yes you CAN purchase collision and higher coverages for other driver's and higher coverage on your own bodily an property injury. But its not forced by illinois law to upgrade your insurance..

I've chosen to get higher insurance coverage on my wife's vehicle and a little less on my beater.

I have also chosen to get underinsured and un-insured coverage. because in the hood where I live a scary % of the people are driving around in unregistered cars without licenses to drive sometimes or having any insurance. And for those that do have insurance it is usually some ghetto insurance company that just takes advantaged of the "good" dumb people that want to abide by the mandatory coverages they have to buy, if they register their car. But when an accident happens those insurance companies will not do shit... foken criminal. So yes I pay for coverage on my vehicles in case I have an accident with a hit and run driver, or one of the a-holes mentioned above.

ChalkyDog

Well I got news for you sunshine,if you are not in the class of the Elite by the time NWO is in order,you will be in the class of the poor,now that you can take to the BANK......
    Nah, impossible to be poor. I can simply just move. Money is easy enough to get, it is just terribly hard to accumulate.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4949

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    For the last 30 years its been manditory to have car insurance.

One guy online is using this as as excuse that the health care is not unconstitutional

He's saying people are just against it just because its obama

what can i come back with?

nobody complains about buying car insurance
    If you don't have a car, you don't have to have car insurance.

CASE CLOSED.

Forcing someone in perfect health to buy health insurance is like forcing a non-driver to buy car insurance.

Hit him with this and watch his pointy head, ivory tower sitting, pseudo-intellectual head EXPLODE.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This thread is insane! Car insurance and health insurance are two different worlds. You WILL get fined by the government if you don't have health insurance starting in 2014. This includes EVERYBODY! If you don't have a car, you don't need Car Insurance!!!

Find a physician or an insurance agent and have them talk to you about this mandatory Health Care Tax without their head exploding and you may have accomplished something. This is a terrible tax on the middle class as the welfare recipients won't have to pay anything...........Again!

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I live in New Hampshire, and it IS NOT mandatory to have insurance on a car you OWN, not Bank owned...That being said i have full coverage, for many reasons, Wife, Children, Home owner, and business owner, So i DO NOT want to be sued. That being said i know many people who do not have insurance on cars they fully own, If they get in an accident and are at fault, they have to pay the damages......If they DO NOT pay the stae attaches what they call an SR 22 to your license, and in order to have a license they require insurance on your license, but that is only if you do not pay damages from a previous accident.........

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

can I add my two cents?

I could see the above situation being completely plausible and it does in fact happen everyday. Do you not see how a dumb person like me could be more informed than people that are smarter than me? hypothetically speaking?
    Sure, but paulypoker isn't satisfying that situation. He is just spouting nonsense and avoiding answers, as chalkydog stated.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Photobucket

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

First, there is no federal mandate that we purchase car insurance. Second, in the example of car insurance in the states, one isn't required to have a vehicle and therefore is not required to purchase insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    For the last 30 years its been manditory to have car insurance. One guy online is using this as as excuse that the health care is not unconstitutional He's saying people are just against it just because its obama what can i come back with? nobody complains about buying car insurance

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21539

I believe car insurance (liability insurance) is not required to own a car.
    You must show proof for financial responsibility of a certain dollar amount
    in case you damage someone else's property.
    Most people don't have the money to show this proof so that's why
    all most all people get car insurance. and the insurance companies covers this.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8560

help me understand something you Americans. Is 100% of the money that you are forced to pay for obamacare going into healthcare and can't be spent on anything else? Or does it go into general revenue?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

anyone got any horror stories trying to collect on hit and run or uninsured motorists when you have uninsured motorist coverage?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    The only thing that mandatory car insurance and mandatory health insurance have in common is that they both are a license to steal for the insurance companies, an easy way to fleece every American and we can't do a thing about it.
    your totally wrong with this assumption. First of all it's going to do away with the smaller companies. Also this is going to hurt companies because before they could deny someone coverage because of preexisting conditions. Now the companies that are left are going to have to offer everyone health insurance. Also if you lose your job and don't take out the cobra insurance to cover you til find another job; than the company has the right to not let you have coverage for anywhere from a year to two before they have to let you have an employee policy. Also before if you have a serious problem; than the policy had a cap of 1 million dollars on a family. Seems like alot but it isn't. my bosses daughter had spinal menegitis and was in the hospital for 6 months and went through his policy. Was in a coma for three months. The poor already have health insurance but the working poor have nothing. my brother works for humana and says this is going to be done on a sliding scale with the people that make more money paying more. It's gonna screw people who have write-offs because it's gonna not take into account unimbursed (sp)employee expenses.(gas,postage,cell and tolls to name a few). me i think it's euthanasia! Think of on star trek when they made those people report to be killed! They are going to tell you to go into that goodnight!

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you don't want to pay for mandatory liability auto insurance don't own a car, if you don't want to pay for mandatory health insurance, don't breathe.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

the difference is if you have heartache no one else gets hurt besides the person you fall on. Car insurance is not there for you, but to protect from others that you run into

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    help me understand something you Americans. Is 100% of the money that you are forced to pay for obamacare going into healthcare and can't be spent on anything else? Or does it go into general revenue?

Damn good question. Good luck getting an honest answer. The left will tell you it's 100% already paid for by cutting waste and fraud. The right will call BS and claim it's a new tax on everything from your healthcare plan to new dog licenses.

I really don't know and I've looked over the CBO and other sites but nothing seems concrete.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

anyone got any horror stories trying to collect on hit and run or uninsured motorists when you have uninsured motorist coverage?
    No nightmare really but I had a rock, big rock, fall off a large dump truck in front of me and go through my windshield. My insurance would cover the damage, took out the windshield, passenger seat and center console. My insurance sais the construction company needed to pay and the construction companies insurer said the policy doesn't cover, get your money from the individual driver. It got weird from there. The damage was over the small claims limit so I had to sue. My lawyer said "Sue everyone, even your insurance company." He took the case on for a pair of Bulls V. Laker tickets, horrible nose bleed seats. I worked with him. We gathered evidence, took photos, weighed the rock 87lbs. (when a rock that big come through your window you remember it,) had the rock tested against the rock they were removing from the site where it happen and had diagrams made. The day before court the the const. company's insurer and my provider reached an agreement. I still ended up in court to cover filing fees, case costs and legal fees. My attorney even sued them postage and phone calls. He finally got paid a reasonable fee. The next year they cancelled my policy, which was fine because I'd already bought another policy from a different provider.

First 123