k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Hansen wins the seat and Deeb gets on the bottom of the alternate list. So Deeb more than likely won't get in the tournament and will just collect the $1,000,000.
    He lost on purpose heads up. Rather take the money than win the seat. He made a deal with Gus. .

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Complete crapshoot but if someone will back u go for it, gotta get 9th place to breakeven

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I heard Hellmuth won a Satellite to get in.
    From what I heard, he didn't play. MGM hosted an 18 person freeroll for whales and when they got 8 handed, they all agreed to let Phil play with the seat and they played out for %'s of him in order of finish.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    My friend at Rio said the cash games taking place right now are insane.
    Aria has 2k/4k NLH going on the past week. Insane.

CanuckG

http://www.matchbook.com/poker/index.xml

Place your bets on event.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Hypothetical, if there were 10 people left and this money was actually important to you (I assume all of these guys are loaded besides the satellite winners) and you were around average in chips and the chip leader goes all in and you've got AA, what do you do?

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Aria has 2k/4k NLH going on the past week. Insane.
    I bought in with 6k but got blinded out QUICK

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Hypothetical, if there were 10 people left and this money was actually important to you (I assume all of these guys are loaded besides the satellite winners) and you were around average in chips and the chip leader goes all in and you've got AA, what do you do?

No offense but this is a dumb question, if you don't instacall you shouldn't be in the tournament or even played in the satellite to get in.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    No offense but this is a dumb question, if you don't instacall you shouldn't be in the tournament or even played in the satellite to get in.
    Exactly, why play a 1 mil buyin if you're scared to death to blow a mil, u instacall hope it holds up and if it doesnt tell ur backers well we were all in with the best of it to be a chip leader at the final table and got outdrawn...pokers a bitch sometimes

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    If you got in the satellite, you didn't put in a mill. Nowhere close to it. Whatever he's got, hes got around a 20% chance to hit you off, I'm not sure it is worth it to call.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If you play scared you shouldn't play......The goal is to fukkin win the thing, if you are playing just to cash, you are playing in too high of a buy in

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

If you got in the satellite, you didn't put in a mill. Nowhere close to it. Whatever he's got, hes got around a 20% chance to hit you off, I'm not sure it is worth it to call.
    Should have never played in the satellite to begin with if you had this mindset though going in......

PickWinnerAllDay

Fine, let's say it is KK, now do you fold and just tell yourself he has aces? haha

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Fine, let's say it is KK, now do you fold and just tell yourself he has aces? haha
    I mean unless you have some sick read, no don't fold it

If I was placed in there right now, I might have to sit out KK only because 9th place money is obviously sick money for us

But I feel like its a flawed question because anyone playing in there is going for the big payout

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I mean unless you have some sick read, no don't fold it

If I was placed in there right now, I might have to sit out KK only because 9th place money is obviously sick money for us

But I feel like its a flawed question because anyone playing in there is going for the big payout
    A million invested well is a life changing amount of money. Especially at our age. I'd probably play like a pussy.

bettilimbroke999

A million invested well is a life changing amount of money. Especially at our age. I'd probably play like a pussy.
    If you had a mil to buyin to a poker tourney you wouldnt be worried about playing like a pussy to get your mil back and if u did have only about a mil net worth and used it all to buyin to a mil poker tourney against some of the best players in the world you are one sick sob...now call with those Kings bitch!

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Complete crapshoot but if someone will back u go for it, gotta get 9th place to breakeven
    not really a crapshoot since they start off with 500 bbs. skill will really come out
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I get what you're saying. I doubt anyone in this tournament, even the guys that put up the $25k satellite, would even considering folding. But if this million dollar tournament happened in the heyday of online poker where someone maybe satellited into for say $10 or even $100, there is a good chance they would fold AA pre. To win a least a million or to get paid zero, is a big deal for us normal folk.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by nomeansno View Post
    not really a crapshoot since they start off with 500 bbs. skill will really come out
    Blinds going up all the time 500 BBs becomes 250 becomes 125 etc etc if you're hangin around even chips, win and win quick against the best poker players in the world...definition of crapshoot

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Whoever wins skyrockets to the top of the all time money list

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Whoever wins skyrockets to the top of the all time money list
    Yup, it will probably be some businessman the new all-time money leader

CanuckG

If you're folding aces preflop at any buy-in even on the bubble...-ev big time. I can see folding queens/jacks pre in tough spots.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    If you're folding aces preflop at any buy-in even on the bubble...-ev big time. I can see folding queens/jacks pre in tough spots.
    Let's say your bank account doesn't have $500 and someone bought your satellite seat or whatever and you get there through that?

Folding folding folding pretty much assures you get 1.1 million. 20% chance you walk away with nothing and probably end up killing yourself if 10J of diamonds busts your AA (20-25% I'm guessing)

bettilimbroke999

Let's say your bank account doesn't have $500 and someone bought your satellite seat or whatever and you get there through that?

Folding folding folding pretty much assures you get 1.1 million. 20% chance you walk away with nothing and probably end up killing yourself if 10J of diamonds busts your AA (20-25% I'm guessing)
    If you are some brokedik fuk that somehow miracled it in for 500 via satellites and could fold there and get the million yes do so, there is no one in the field in this position, nothing but pro poker players and CEOs.

What you say is interesting though, Im surprised they didnt run satellites for this tourney when its gonna be huge for TV (great time for some pokerstar or whatever shirts if thats still allowed that is) and would be 100x more interesting if there were some brokedik fuks on suicide watch when they get near the bubble

k13

There's no broke diks in this tourney who will be worrying about folding Aces.

CanuckG

There were small satellites for this event.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're that concerned about finishing 9th place to get a million then you should have simply sold your seat to someone for $900,000 cash.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

nothing more fukin boring than watching other people play cards.

how do people get excited by this shit?

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    If you're that concerned about finishing 9th place to get a million then you should have simply sold your seat to someone for $900,000 cash.
    You think that is allowed? I think they'd probably stop that from happening.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    nothing more fukin boring than watching other people play cards.

how do people get excited by this shit?
    Only when Norman Chad does the commentary and its NOT Live.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    This is a very good point

PickWinnerAllDay

This is a very good point
    I'm willing to bet that satellites list that ownership is nontransferrable somewhere in their little print.

bettilimbroke999

I'm willing to bet that satellites list that ownership is nontransferrable somewhere in their little print.
    That sucks BIG TIME if thats the case, Id be like entry for sale, save a 100k buy from me!!!!

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Blinds going up all the time 500 BBs becomes 250 becomes 125 etc etc if you're hangin around even chips, win and win quick against the best poker players in the world...definition of crapshoot
    lol seriously

bettilimbroke999

Honey what did u do today?

Oh I bought in to a million dollar buyin poker tourney against Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth and bunch of other top pros

Well howd it go?

We're homeless

First 12345 ... Last