Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Of course we all know about Rondo, Bradley is overrated, Green sucks and the future frontcourt is garbage, have fun fallin off the earth with those 40 year old vets. Needed to go after a guy like Howard, need the superstars to have a championship team not fukin Green and Bradley...so sorry
    They looked into Howard, he wasn't gonna come here. Time will tell but I think you're WAY off with Bradley. Ask around, he was the best on-ball defender in the league by the end of last year before he got hurt. Green may suck but we'll see. And, LOL, how can you say Sullinger and Melo are garbage, they haven't played one minute yet!

And you talk like there are superstars all over the place you can just go buy at the market like a fukkin carton of milk. They're few and far between, brother! You do what you can picking low like the Celtics pick and then you coach 'em up with a great coaching staff and players like KG who lead by example!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    They looked into Howard, he wasn't gonna come here. Time will tell but I think you're WAY off with Bradley. Ask around, he was the best on-ball defender in the league by the end of last year before he got hurt. Green may suck but we'll see. And, LOL, how can you say Sullinger and Melo are garbage, they haven't played one minute yet!

And you talk like there are superstars all over the place you can just go buy at the market like a fukkin carton of milk. They're few and far between, brother! You do what you can picking low like the Celtics pick and then you coach 'em up with a great coaching staff and players like KG who lead by example!
    No...YOU BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM...wake up! You cant train some avg players to be a Lebron or Kobe or Howard, why do you think they turned pro rather than go to college? Bc they didnt need training it was fuckin obvious they were the stars it was just who would get them, you can train bums to be a 2nd rd exit or you can buy stars (Miami, San Antonio, Lakers, Dallas, Boston (in the past)) and win championships, hey good luck training Bradley and Green to beat Lebron and DWade, yea good luck with that at least the Celts owner will save millions

Howard for 20 instead of KG for 12 are you serious that's a no brainer, look at what the shitbag Nets are doing...they are BUYING a championship caliber team, thats how you do it

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9799

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bad decision by Boston. He manned up and brought everything he had for the playoffs, but he is in steep decline and just can't move like he used to. He might be able to do similar next season, maybe, but for 3 years? I highly doubt it.
    no one is saying this deal will be good all 3 seasons (won't know till they happen obviously). he took a discount for at least the first season to stay in boston and compete and his veteran leadership is an intangible that will have high value no matter what season the deal is in. As KG transitions from year 1 through 3 hopefully what he is able to impart to the youngsters along the way is what keeps him valuable to the team as his quality minutes go down and theirs (hopefully) go up.

that being said, no matter what happens this is a deal that any other team that was looking at KG would've been all over if he had hit free agency with a desire to go somewhere else. In fact I can bet there are at least a half dozen teams that would've paid him 3 yrs/$36 mil no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundnPound View Post
    He can still ball but maybe 7 million a year would of been a better amount.
    Take this in perspective...Kwame frickin Brown was given $7 mil last year by the Warriors. You really think KG couldn't have done better than what he got from the Celts on the open market? Like I said above there would've been many teams lining up to pay more than what the Celts got him for, maybe not 3 years, but average annual value would've been higher for certain.

Celtics are doomed, too old and getting older, no chance to compete with the young teams of Chicago and Miami anymore, they got a team which can make it through the 1st rd of the playoffs (Chicago woulda schooled em had they not injured all their players) and they are making no attempt to build a future championship team, team will suck for 3 years then drop off the planet

clearly a chicago homer. this barely deserves a response except for the blatant stupidity is too atrocious to ignore. If you want some real facts the celtics have exactly 2 guys signed that are 'old'. Pierce and KG, 34 and 36 respectively. Bulls have Rip at 34 to match Pierce, Korver at 31, and Boozer turning 31 when the season gets under way. Everyone else for the celts is well under the age of 30 including their most important player Rondo who at the age of 26 is their next 'oldest' player . Let me provide links of the current rosters and you tell me which one looks 'older' to you.

Shoulda/woulda/coulda is great and all, but the Bulls were the only ones getting schooled in the first round and if they have to rely that heavily on derrick rose they are never getting anywhere. He won't even be back until the end of the season next year and by then they might or might not be in playoff contention depending on the rest of your 'stars' do for you. It is the East though, so likely they'll be in the playoffs and see what Rose has for them when he comes back.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_.../chicago-bulls average roster age 26.8
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...boston-celtics
    Obviously have to add KG to that and that will bring up the roster average age to 28.1, clearly that's a huge difference compared to the bulls

The bolded part is just laughable. I don't know how any team in the league can be considered to be 'making no attempt to make a future championship team' nevermind the Celtics who were just in the ECF, retained their most important free agent, haven't made any signings yet to solidify their roster (mayo, green, bass?) and picked two players in the draft who were considered very solid prospects for their draft positions and what they can each bring to the table to complement the team.

Yeah, I agree with this, BUT, wouldn't the C's still have to pay him?? Didn't they still have to pay Rasheed?
    I'm not a cap expert by any means, but I believe with the Rasheed deal since HE retired the Celtics were able to waive him and his contract and saved those last 2 years of the deal. I believe the same scenario would apply if KG were to retire on his own terms.
    Last edited by doylfish; 07-01-12 at 11:34 AM.

bettilimbroke999

KG makes 11 mil on the court and 25k a year in social security

Oh yea AND hes a huge injury risk...well done Celts saving 8 mil a year to get him back instead of Howard, that will work out well no doubt

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

No...YOU BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM...wake up! You cant train some avg players to be a Lebron or Kobe or Howard, why do you think they turned pro rather than go to college? Bc they didnt need training it was fuckin obvious they were the stars it was just who would get them, you can train bums to be a 2nd rd exit or you can buy stars (Miami, San Antonio, Lakers, Dallas, Boston (in the past)) and win championships, hey good luck training Bradley and Green to beat Lebron and DWade, yea good luck with that at least the Celts owner will save millions

Howard for 20 instead of KG for 12 are you serious that's a no brainer, look at what the shitbag Nets are doing...they are BUYING a championship caliber team, thats how you do it
    Dude, I ALREADY answered this. There is ONE FUKKIN GUY to "BUY" right now -- Dwight Howard. C's looked into that, he wasn't coming here. So that is done. Tell me who else is on the market right now the C's could have bought to better manage their team than what they've been doing.

Also, plenty of teams win by DEVELOPING talent, not just going on a fukkin spending spree of other teams' great players. That doesn't always work. A lot goes into making a team a champion. How'd it work out for the Knicks bringing in high-profile guys, huh? How do you think the Spurs have stayed so competitive for so long?
    Last edited by Capybara; 07-01-12 at 11:43 AM.

doylfish

Capy...don't bother with this bettillimajoke guy. Can't have convos about sports with people that are so blinded by their homerism that they can't talk logically whatsoever. He 'KNEW' Kobe was going to be a superstar, just like the other dozen teams that passed on him and decided they didn't need a superstar that badly I forgot Kobe didn't need any training and was an insta-star the minute he came into the league. Oh right, that 'awful' player Shaq won their first few titles together for them and he was able to develop on his own and gain maturity just like our guys Bradley and new picks et al. Just like it took Lebron 9 years to win his first championship too and that other superstar Dwight still has won nothing. Nor has your MVP Derrick Rose, but clearly the bulls roster is loaded with heavy contracts so buying championships is working out so well for them. Boozer anyone?

For the record. We did "BUY" our first title after we drafted our homegrown all-star Paul Pierce and bought KG and Ray to put around him. That allowed our next homegrown all-star Rondo to develop as well, just like our future picks will hopefully do now as we transition.

Apparently OKC must be doing it wrong as well with all their homegrown talent. Don't forget Kevin Durant should've been our player. We just chose to buy a championship w/Ray and KG instead after we got rigged in the draft lottery.

doylfish

KG makes 11 mil on the court and 25k a year in social security

Oh yea AND hes a huge injury risk...well done Celts saving 8 mil a year to get him back instead of Howard, that will work out well no doubt

'Huge injury risk' coming from the fan of the bulls who will have maybe 10-15 games of D-rose (their undeniable best player) for the entire season next year

yeah that really compares to KG who is probably tied for 2nd or maybe our 3rd best player on this team
    Last edited by doylfish; 07-01-12 at 11:49 AM.

bettilimbroke999

Dude, I ALREADY answered this. There is ONE FUKKIN GUY to "BUY" right now -- Dwight Howard. C's looked into that, he wasn't coming here. So that is done. Tell me who else is on the market right now the C's could have bought to better manage their team than what they've been doing.

Also, plenty of teams win by DEVELOPING talent, not just going on a fukkin spending spree of other teams' great players. That doesn't always work. A lot goes into making a team a champion. How'd it work out for the Knicks bringing in high-profile guys, huh? How do you think the Spurs have stayed so competitive for so long?
    David Robinson and Tim Duncan...you got a young version of them in D Howard and you told him to go **** himself....so sorry Celts your owner got cheap when he should've offered Howard WHATEVER HE WANTED, 30 mil a year NO PROBLEM...have fun as the Bulls/Heat rape you into oblivion

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    'Huge injury risk' coming from the fan of the bulls who will have maybe 10-15 games of D-rose (their undeniable best player) for the entire season next year

yeah that really compares to KG who is probably tied for 2nd or maybe our 3rd best player on this team
    Im actually a Heat fan, the only threat to the Heats Eastern Conf championships the next 5 years is Chicago though....I DO KNOW IT AINT BOSTON

bettilimbroke999

Capy...don't bother with this bettillimajoke guy. Can't have convos about sports with people that are so blinded by their homerism that they can't talk logically whatsoever. He 'KNEW' Kobe was going to be a superstar, just like the other dozen teams that passed on him and decided they didn't need a superstar that badly I forgot Kobe didn't need any training and was an insta-star the minute he came into the league. Oh right, that 'awful' player Shaq won their first few titles together for them and he was able to develop on his own and gain maturity just like our guys Bradley and new picks et al. Just like it took Lebron 9 years to win his first championship too and that other superstar Dwight still has won nothing. Nor has your MVP Derrick Rose, but clearly the bulls roster is loaded with heavy contracts so buying championships is working out so well for them. Boozer anyone?

For the record. We did "BUY" our first title after we drafted our homegrown all-star Paul Pierce and bought KG and Ray to put around him. That allowed our next homegrown all-star Rondo to develop as well, just like our future picks will hopefully do now as we transition.

Apparently OKC must be doing it wrong as well with all their homegrown talent. Don't forget Kevin Durant should've been our player. We just chose to buy a championship w/Ray and KG instead after we got rigged in the draft lottery.
    You bought your championship in 2008, Pierce couldnt do shit by himself, your owner didnt want Howard bad enough, so YOU GET NOTHING BOSTON, YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

How did KG help Big Baby's development? If they think KG cares about tutoring a fat ass and a dumb ass, then they should have let him retire.

doylfish

You bought your championship in 2008, Pierce couldnt do shit by himself, your owner didnt want Howard bad enough, so YOU GET NOTHING BOSTON, YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!
    Like I said before, no use arguing with a retard. I'm sure you were a huuuggeee heat fan before they colluded against the entire league.

Wyc had nothing to do with Howard not coming to Boston. Howard wants nothing to do with any other teams besides Brooklyn and maybe LA. It's all over how the only team he has requested to be traded to is the Nets.
    so sorry Celts your owner got cheap when he should've offered Howard WHATEVER HE WANTED, 30 mil a year NO PROBLEM
    HE'S NOT A FREE AGENT. CAN'T SIGN A PLAYER TO ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY WHEN THEY AREN'T A FREE AGENT.

As for Pierce doing nothing by himself, neither did Lebron, neither did Bosh, and neither did Wade (as good as he was in his first championship he wouldn't have won without shaq)

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Yeah, school this knucklehead, dolyfish! Testify!

As for Big Baby, KG did mentor him, and he did fill a nice role for a while and make a solid contribution. Just because he never emerged as a star doesn't mean he wasn't a good player for us. Sullinger should be a much better player, but none of us can see the future yet. And it takes a long time for some guys -- Baby looks to be finding his stride now.

bettilimbroke999

Like I said before, no use arguing with a retard. I'm sure you were a huuuggeee heat fan before they colluded against the entire league.

Wyc had nothing to do with Howard not coming to Boston. Howard wants nothing to do with any other teams besides Brooklyn and maybe LA. It's all over how the only team he has requested to be traded to is the Nets. HE'S NOT A FREE AGENT. CAN'T SIGN A PLAYER TO ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY WHEN THEY AREN'T A FREE AGENT.

As for Pierce doing nothing by himself, neither did Lebron, neither did Bosh, and neither did Wade (as good as he was in his first championship he wouldn't have won without shaq)
    Offer him 30-35 mil, set a record, make him see Boston as the best choice, do what u HAVE to do to avoid fallin off the planet and becoming the Boston Cavaliers for the next 10 years.

The Nets are a complete shitbag team and they sucked him off with some free Jay-Z albums and boom hes beggin to go there, not that hard

doylfish

Bettill.....it's not about the money man...even the Nets probably can't trade for him now and they are trying to and ultimately would offer him the moon to go there. Nets have even less assets to trade than the Celts do. No way Orlando appeases Dwight and just lets him go for .50c on the 1$

Celts would have to start with Rondo, Avery, Sullinger and next years 1st and maybe the clip-shits 1st that we own as well.

What would the Nets give? They aren't even a sure lock to get Brook Lopez back.

Nothing to say that Dwight has to suck it out another year in Orlando and then when he hits the market next summer look out! Maybe the Celts can hammer out a deal then and obviously would explore it. Ainge is a pretty darn good GM in my mind no homer.

As for the Celts falling off the planet for the next 10 years? I might have agreed after we lost to Miami in the ECF, but after the past week I truly think the prospects are looking up, eastern conference, western conference, whatever. Celts will contend.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Boston won't beat MIA with that roster. That's all that matters. They will keep losing in the ECF.

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Boston won't beat MIA with that roster. That's all that matters. They will keep losing in the ECF.
    On paper that could be said about any team in the league. Fortunately we get to play the games though, and nothing says Wade's knee doesn't do to him what Rose's did. Celtics have a team. Miami has 3 superstars, one goes down, that's it. It's all woulda/coulda/shoulda, but if Avery and Ray had been healthy against Miami no way they would've lost 6+7. Doesn't matter, I was happy to see the Celts there. They'll bring it next year.

Goat Milk

On paper that could be said about any team in the league. Fortunately we get to play the games though, and nothing says Wade's knee doesn't do to him what Rose's did. Celtics have a team. Miami has 3 superstars, one goes down, that's it. It's all woulda/coulda/shoulda, but if Avery and Ray had been healthy against Miami no way they would've lost 6+7. Doesn't matter, I was happy to see the Celts there. They'll bring it next year.
    If Bosh was healthy the series would have been over in 6 and you know it even with ray and bradley healthy. KG was just sitting back in the paint without Bosh there.

For the record, Rose injury wouldn't happen to Wade at this point in his career. He doesn't explode to the basket like Rose contort himself as awkwardly as he used to. Rose plays at another speed and Wade has learned how to score in the post, floaters, etc. Wade was more like Rose earlier in his career, he's more agile now, uses his craftiness.

If Bost got a big name Center it would definitely be more interesting.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If Bosh was healthy the series would have been over in 6 and you know it even with ray and bradley healthy. KG was just sitting back in the paint without Bosh there.

For the record, Rose injury wouldn't happen to Wade at this point in his career. He doesn't explode to the basket like Rose contort himself as awkwardly as he used to. Rose plays at another speed and Wade has learned how to score in the post, floaters, etc. Wade was more like Rose earlier in his career, he's more agile now, uses his craftiness.

If Bost got a big name Center it would definitely be more interesting.
    Well, wait til' Doc and KG coach up this fuckin Brazilian -- 7 feet of shot-blocking stuffage!!!!! Hell yeah.

doylfish

Capy that's a big IF, but I look forward to it. If there is anything that's been advertised and all the ball i saw him play for cuse the guy can flat out play D. The big problems are his motor and that he has no offense whatsoever. Great feet for a guy his size. Scratch it, phenomenal considering how huge he is, but I guess that comes from his days growing up playing 'futbol' in brazil. Usually D translates well so I'm expecting good things in that department.

Bones33
    Bones33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Offer him 30-35 mil, set a record, make him see Boston as the best choice, do what u HAVE to do to avoid fallin off the planet and becoming the Boston Cavaliers for the next 10 years.

The Nets are a complete shitbag team and they sucked him off with some free Jay-Z albums and boom hes beggin to go there, not that hard
    1. He's not a free agent.

2. The new CBA limits max contracts for free agents signing with different teams to 4 years and roughly 58Mil.

3. Even with the old CBA, no one made 35M a year. not even MJ.

4. Hes not a free agent.

5. Boston purposely had KG and allen's contracts expire this year so they could make a run at Dwight this summer...

6...However, Dwight opted into this year, which means he's not a free agent.

You're either uneducated or trolling. Most likely both.

Goat Milk

Im actually a Heat fan, the only threat to the Heats Eastern Conf championships the next 5 years is Chicago though....
    I hope you are joking. Chicago is going no where with this team. No where. They will lose to the celtics 100% in a 7 game series so long as carlos boozer is their 2nd "max player"

Derrick Rose too weak to guard Dwayne Wade and he is being Checked by Chalmers Wade and Lebron on the other end and he's still the 3rd best player on the court where you talk about overall both ends of the court.

Bulls team is not built for the playoffs. They need a legit all-star next to rose like a lemarcas aldrich, etc, to even have a CHANCE to CONTEND with MIA

Dancemanmarc2
    Dancemanmarc2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

This contract is essentially 2 years 34 million...
    They will probably amnesty the last year of the deal when he is riding the bench and beating his chest as a bench player

First 12