BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Baseball betting syndicate?

I've been bored with my life lately and am 32 and I figure I need to enjoy my life more before I wake up one day and realize that I am 50 stuck with a family and a job I hate like most people.

I love betting on sports and I love baseball probably more than anything in the world. I need to have a career somehow that links the two together. And seeing that I am never going to be a baseball player or work in any front offices, that basically leaves starting a baseball syndicate. I want to start a baseball betting syndicate with 3 or 4 guys who are seriously into baseball. Not the type of guys who are big team fans, i.e. "Yankees are the best," but guys who enjoy the objective evaluation of baseball. Looking for guys who are into sabermetrics and have a very good understanding of (1) baseball, (2) research, and (3) statistics.

I remember listening to an ESPN Behind the Bets podcast where Chad Mlllman spoke with some off shore guy named "Tom" and he said that big time bettors he knew who would know nothing of baseball would just hire guys to do the research for them and bet it that way. And they were very successful working together.

I'd love to work out in Vegas if anyone is interested too. I have a real high level of education if it makes any difference.

Message me if interested......if that is allowed i guess.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Guy seems sharp, spot on. Seems serious. This could be a revolution.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

A few years ago, I deactivated my facebook account. I reactivated it yesterday out of curiosity and all my friends now have their job title and stuff listed in their profile. And everyone seems happy in their pictures...but when you look more closely, you see almost everyone is stuck in a dead end job and everyone goes crazy if they can save $10 through a groupon. What miserable lives everyone is leading....working for other people and giant corporations for measily salaries/wages and bragging about going golfing once a month. What kind of life is that?

I figure, work real hard handicapping baseball players/teams and make wagers....live my life on my own terms not on someone else's.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Why not become a loan shark??

Your life would be more interesting and you'd be making a ton of cash to bet on your syndicate plays..

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    A few years ago, I deactivated my facebook account. I reactivated it yesterday out of curiosity and all my friends now have their job title and stuff listed in their profile. And everyone seems happy in their pictures...but when you look more closely, you see almost everyone is stuck in a dead end job and everyone goes crazy if they can save $10 through a groupon. What miserable lives everyone is leading....working for other people and giant corporations for measily salaries/wages and bragging about going golfing once a month. What kind of life is that?

I figure, work real hard handicapping baseball players/teams and make wagers....live my life on my own terms not on someone else's.

Cliffs

Guy is a broke Fuk with no life and thinks his friends that have families,jobs, and a good life are losers.

DoctorPhil
    DoctorPhil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where do I sign up?

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm down OP.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Ask Tacomax.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Cliffs

Guy is a broke Fuk with no life and thinks his friends that have families,jobs, and a good life are losers.
    Sorry, but retail manager at Office Max or Pet Smart is not a good job nor is any job where you punch in or have a boss to report to who can fire you at any moment for any reason.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Ask Tacomax.
    That guy was smart....but an arrogant prick.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Sorry, but retail manager at Office Max or Pet Smart is not a good job nor is any job where you punch in or have a boss to report to who can fire you at any moment for any reason.
    Newsflash... not everyone needs $ to be happy. Sometimes things like job security and a steady paycheck can be enough for most people.

You'll feel pretty shitty when you're running cold and having your rent $ depend on some 22 year old kid in the 9th inning

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Newsflash... not everyone needs $ to be happy. Sometimes things like job security and a steady paycheck can be enough for most people.

You'll feel pretty shitty when you're running cold and having your rent $ depend on some 22 year old kid in the 9th inning
    Sure. Whatever, not for me though. Seen enough guys who are miserable living paycheck to paycheck working dead end jobs and wishing they had different jobs to last a lifetime.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

I've been bored with my life lately and am 32 and I figure I need to enjoy my life more before I wake up one day and realize that I am 50 stuck with a family and a job I hate like most people.

I love betting on sports and I love baseball probably more than anything in the world. I need to have a career somehow that links the two together. And seeing that I am never going to be a baseball player or work in any front offices, that basically leaves starting a baseball syndicate. I want to start a baseball betting syndicate with 3 or 4 guys who are seriously into baseball. Not the type of guys who are big team fans, i.e. "Yankees are the best," but guys who enjoy the objective evaluation of baseball. Looking for guys who are into sabermetrics and have a very good understanding of (1) baseball, (2) research, and (3) statistics.

I remember listening to an ESPN Behind the Bets podcast where Chad Mlllman spoke with some off shore guy named "Tom" and he said that big time bettors he knew who would know nothing of baseball would just hire guys to do the research for them and bet it that way. And they were very successful working together.

I'd love to work out in Vegas if anyone is interested too. I have a real high level of education if it makes any difference.

unreal. can't fukkin make this sh1t up

only at sbr.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

You have a good concept. You will need to diversify though. For example, I work 25 hours per week, a total of 3 days a week. I also play large field size MTT's and 2-5 NL and 5-10 NL when the lineups are good. In addition, I buy pieces, (stake) people in the market place on 2p2.

I also have started betting baseball for the first time. This is all part of my diversification to generate various streams of revenue to ensure I can have a shit ton of free time to enjoy living here in Florida. Fuk working for corporate america. been there done that. I was a bank manager and the pay was decent but I hated it.

I was a professional baseball player and the monthly pay was shitty but I loved it. If I didn't get injured and I didn't have to pitch to a bunch of juice heads I might have made a few more 40 man rosters LOL

BOL - I think you should just work on your own and keep it simple imo though

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

there's a few much better forums for posts like this. are you an actuary by chance? gl

abovepar
    abovepar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1438

Heres my advice:
    Post winners and people will notice.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    there's a few much better forums for posts like this. are you an actuary by chance? gl
    no i wish. have a phd from northwestern university in social science research if that matters.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

no i wish. have a phd from northwestern university in social science research if that matters.
    working on a masters in social work right now! interesting. I'm an addiction treatment professional: interventions, counseling, therapy, advocacy, and treatment. my work is extremely rewarding! and I'm stoked. actually just made the acquaintance of an interesting client through a department of corrections referral who smoothed me out with some leans tonight. young kid who did a significant stretch of state time and ran a profitable sports book while incarcerated in a state prison. the kid's stories were incredible! finally released on parole with 7k in the bank he stacked over the duration of his sentence... and he lived like a rock star (relatively speaking) while locked up, too. anyway, I'm interested in your brainstorm, buddybear... wish you the best of luck, sir. will most definitely be interested in watching your brainstorm take shape. seriously, though- if you have a PhD in social science from northwestern, you should consider teaching, sir. that's an academic level of integrity that should not be squandered... the world needs your help! the united states needs your innovative approach to resolving social problems! I'm working on the alcoholism/drug addiction pandemic, and I find my occupation vastly more rewarding than the sum of my paychecks. good luck, sir.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesnt pal. Go get a job at Mac Donalds and shut that shit up!

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

You have to be sharp before you can form a syndicate

You think they just assemble magically? SBR players talk is the last place you want to start "recruiting"

Try the Handicappers think tank if you are serious.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I'm in SBR players talk, im sharp as a fkin tack

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Save up move to vegas and give it a shot. It's a hell of a ride but it's hard as fuk unless you can seriously cap. Cantor will take any baseball bet. They were begging for big baseball sharps earlier this year.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    working on a masters in social work right now! interesting. I'm an addiction treatment professional: interventions, counseling, therapy, advocacy, and treatment. my work is extremely rewarding! and I'm stoked. actually just made the acquaintance of an interesting client through a department of corrections referral who smoothed me out with some leans tonight. young kid who did a significant stretch of state time and ran a profitable sports book while incarcerated in a state prison. the kid's stories were incredible! finally released on parole with 7k in the bank he stacked over the duration of his sentence... and he lived like a rock star (relatively speaking) while locked up, too. anyway, I'm interested in your brainstorm, buddybear... wish you the best of luck, sir. will most definitely be interested in watching your brainstorm take shape. seriously, though- if you have a PhD in social science from northwestern, you should consider teaching, sir. that's an academic level of integrity that should not be squandered... the world needs your help! the united states needs your innovative approach to resolving social problems! I'm working on the alcoholism/drug addiction pandemic, and I find my occupation vastly more rewarding than the sum of my paychecks. good luck, sir.
    Your line of work is very lucrative if you're good at it, my uncle is a renowned interventionist and has done very well for himself and his family.. The drug business or the plight of others is very profitable for your kind, I wouldn't waste my time with anything else frankly.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wow. So naive. Vegas is licking their lips, waiting for this guy.

Why don't u set a goal first? See if u can make $XX and if u can live off $XX, for 6 months. Then u can talk bout moving to Vegas, and after years of hard hustling, u can talk syndicate.

You'll see it's harder than it looks. That $10/he job starts looking mighty good.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1167

i remember you from back in the day. you really just posted this thread, really?

founder its time for you to start winning call me

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

From what I understand betting/researching pro grambling is just as much of a full time "mail-it-in" job as everything else and even more so. If its doing what you love, it should make you more happy than what you are doing now (marginally). But the truth of the matter is, no person can be expected to enjoy what they do for the long haul. We are fickle creatures. We latch on to one thing and ride it until we get tired, then cast it aside as if we never loved it in the first place. That's okay.

If you think a betting syndicate is your next great love, go for it and god bless. But don't give up on what you once loved because you think there is a 20hr/week cash-cow panacea out there.

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Why would you need a betting syndicate? Try this:

#1. Don't touch you paycheck for a year and see if you can survive on gambling income.

IF #1 is true THEN repeat #1 ELSE quit

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    You have a good concept. You will need to diversify though. For example, I work 25 hours per week, a total of 3 days a week. I also play large field size MTT's and 2-5 NL and 5-10 NL when the lineups are good. In addition, I buy pieces, (stake) people in the market place on 2p2.

I also have started betting baseball for the first time. This is all part of my diversification to generate various streams of revenue to ensure I can have a shit ton of free time to enjoy living here in Florida. Fuk working for corporate america. been there done that. I was a bank manager and the pay was decent but I hated it.

I was a professional baseball player and the monthly pay was shitty but I loved it. If I didn't get injured and I didn't have to pitch to a bunch of juice heads I might have made a few more 40 man rosters LOL

BOL - I think you should just work on your own and keep it simple imo though
    where in florida are u ?

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Booking action might actually work otherwise you are doomed.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Why not become a loan shark??

Your life would be more interesting and you'd be making a ton of cash to bet on your syndicate plays..

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

sounds like Lenny Dykstra or the beginning of another Ponzi

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

You love baseball but my guess is at some point betting on it as a profession would cause you to start hating it. JMO.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Thanks for the responses guy. Will see what comes of it. Probably just a fantasy, but worth thinking about.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14260

How about see if u can win just 1 game first.

TheDominican
    TheDominican's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Did buddybear end it up creating his sindicate?

12 Last