princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wrote this to a poster during the BOL poker mess

This decent sounding guy who seems has a bit less experience than me was getting really upset by the BOL poker jerk around.
    I'm no affiliate, or web traffic owner person, just a player staunchly against decent guys getting eff'd over, and if I can help I ALWAYS offer. (especially when the same situation is jamming me up too!)

Should I have had my PM's suspended for sending this message?

"Dude!
    You have been tailing me on all my Betonline posts, so sorry to hear you're getting jammed up with thier poker too.
    Email me and I'll see if I can offer any alternate places to play poker."

Upon rereading, I can see my last sentence being interpreted a few different ways. (I needed to know what was most important to him ie: tourneys or cash tables, USA or not, does he mind waiting a few weeks to be paid, does he have a fast computer, etc.)
    It was Lou who last week gave me an infraction which SBR_John suggested be reversed (and was). And now Lou does this.

My appologies if this isn't the exact forum for this, just here's where i spend 90% percent of my SBR time, and where my BOL poker posts are.
    Thanks for any honest feedback.

princecharles

So sorry, I edited a couple mIsspells and the system reposted my post! :-l

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

your pm containing - "Email me and I'll see if I can offer any alternate places to play poker."

________________________________________ ___________
    this is what got u in trouble

there is no outside of sbr contact between posters warranted from as much as I know.. I assume u gave him ur email address?

if not then maybe u can explain u meant for him to "pm" (not email) u back.

but in either case it does appear u wanted to guide him in the right direction which in turn would make affiliate money off him wether planned or not....

imo the pm ban should be temporary.. ask lou for them back in a few weeks and be polite and sincere and my guess is he will be the same way back.

gl

-stash
    Last edited by secretstash; 06-29-12 at 05:25 PM.

princecharles

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    your pm containing - "Email me and I'll see if I can offer any alternate places to play poker."

there is no outside of sbr contact between posters warranted from as much as I know.. I assume u gave him ur email address?

but in either case it does appear u wanted to guide him in the right direction which in turn would make affiliate money off him wether planned or not....

imo the pm ban should be temporary.. ask lou for them back in a few weeks and be polite and sincere and my guess is he will be the same way back.

gl

-stash

Hey Stash,

thanks so much for your advice. I enjoy reading your posts. (i like how yoiu sing them like a letter '-Stash'.

The thing is i believe WE ARE FULLY ALLOWED TO GIVE OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES TO POSTERS WHO WANT TO TALK ONE TO ONE.

I believe my wording was iffy, and i didn't get the benefit of the doubt.
    I'm a pretty good salesman in 'real life', and if my intention was to circumvent a rule, even Lou will admit i would have written something a bit more obtuse. What I wrote was purely extemporaneous, and without any alternative motive or subterfuge.

I have been critical of Lou in the past, so i'm hoping he is able to put aside personal feelings and just handle this professionally.

Great quote, "Someone in authority only has power if they give breaks out occasionally. Otherwise they mine as well be replaced by a form letter."

princecharles

Originally Posted by secretstash

gl

-stash

Hey Stash,

thanks so much for your advice. I enjoy reading your posts. (i like how you sign them like a letter '-Stash'.

The thing is i believe WE ARE FULLY ALLOWED TO GIVE OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES TO POSTERS WHO WANT TO TALK ONE TO ONE.

I believe my wording was iffy, and i didn't get the benefit of the doubt. (look though the almost one hundred PM's I have sent--never a problem till now?

I'm a pretty good salesman in 'real life', and if my intention was to circumvent a rule, even Lou will admit i would have written something a bit more obtuse. What I wrote was purely extemporaneous, and without any alternative motive or subterfuge.

I have been critical of Lou in the past (and recent over the BOL scandals), so I'm hoping he is able to put aside personal feelings and just handle this professionally.

Great quote, "Someone in authority only has power if they give breaks out occasionally. Otherwise they can simply be replaced by a form letter."

(sorry for this dup post...i cant seem to edit my previous posts!)

princecharles

So what do you say Lou?