paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I hope the pistons don't win more than 10 games next year

Seems that might be the only thing to get Dumars finally out of here

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Who are you hoping to get with the second pick? Shabazz Muhamed.. a prima donna SG?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

They'll win more than 10.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    They'll win more than 10.
    I know. I was being sarcastic.

Dumars loves washed up players. Why would he even trade for Magatte?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Dumars better take Meyers Leonard....

Meyers leonard is long and athletic. Solid post player with great feel for the game. Decent shooter. Extremely agile for his size. Guy is 7'1 and 250 lbs..

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post

Some GM's don't know how to let go and rebuild. I'm surprised he finally let Rip Hamilton go. Tyshaun Prince will probably be playing with the Pistons in 2018. If Ben Wallace didn't choose to retire, they'd probably hold on to him until he could no longer run.

Phoenix is similar, they don't know how to rebuild. They should have started rebuilding once Amare left a couple of years ago. Reports are that they are looking at signing Ray Allen. If that's true, that is a horrible decision. They need to let Nash go, rebuild, and move on.

ChalkyDog

Pistons could get real lucky and get Drummond this year.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Pistons could get real lucky and get Drummond this year.
    Drummond has no offense. Just a big guy. Cant shoot for shit. 30% ft shooter. Dude wont be a great nba player.

ChalkyDog

Drummond has no offense. Just a big guy. Cant shoot for shit. 30% ft shooter. Dude wont be a great nba player.
    Sounds like a Dumars guy to me.

Much better than the Illinois big.

Never know who might fall, Drummond could be there though.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Sounds like a Dumars guy to me.

Much better than the Illinois big.

Never know who might fall, Drummond could be there though.
    wrong.. Leonard is better

ChalkyDog

There ya go. Drummond crying. He is a Piston.

Congrats.

paco

Dumars u dumb ****

Drummond the next big NbA bust.

Woulda rather took PJ3

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

nahhh pj3 legs are messed up they say hes gonna drop like sullinger and go near late teens or early 20s

Speedy88

Haha and Drummond goes to Detroit. I think it is a good pick, he is a boom or bust type guy.

ChalkyDog

Freak athlete, young as hell, insane measurements.

You will like the guy. Much better than Favors.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hate that pick. He must improve his shooting tremendously.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

To get out from under Ben Gordon's horrendous contract - has nothing to do w/him Magette

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Dumars u dumb ****

Drummond the next big NbA bust.

Woulda rather took PJ3
    I don't know college ball but seen both of them play and i swear i was hoping we got PJIII too. He's much better from what I saw

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

You guys don't watch college much, huh? Drummond is a monster, he's gonna be good. I hate to admit it since I hate UConn but he's a good pick.

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    You guys don't watch college much, huh? Drummond is a monster, he's gonna be good. I hate to admit it since I hate UConn but he's a good pick.
    I watched him a lot. He has potential to be great, but he could easily be a bust. 50/50 odds in my opinion. Would of liked to see them get more of a sure thing/more exciting player.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Guys is Austin rivers really 6'6. He said he was 6'5 3/4 i think. Looks like he's 6'3 tops.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    I watched him a lot. He has potential to be great, but he could easily be a bust. 50/50 odds in my opinion. Would of liked to see them get more of a sure thing/more exciting player.
    I agree that he could be a bust but I wouldn't put it at 50/50. I think he has the right attitude and work ethic which would be the only thing that stops him from having a long successful career, aside from injury of course. When UConn came to Syracuse this year, I had great seats, they would have won that game if he didn't get hurt. He was eating us alive, eating Fab another 1st rounder alive. I know most think Fab will be a bust but that's beside the point. Seeing him up close playing, it's hard to explain how much of a freak athlete and beast that he is. Jeremy Lamb on the other hand, bust in the making. Paco get out to a game this year and see Drummond up close, you'll think differently.

The Bet Master

Hopefully he can be a monster in the NBA. I've just seen so many games where he just didn't seem into it showing very little emotion. Hopefully that's just playing 12:00 games on a Saturday.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Hopefully he can be a monster in the NBA. I've just seen so many games where he just didn't seem into it showing very little emotion. Hopefully that's just playing 12:00 games on a Saturday.
    Yeah that's my only concern with him, but UConn was a mess last year and it was just a detour for him. You never know how hard these guys are gonna work once they make the league. He's still only 18 and now that he's in the league where he wants to be I think he'll work hard. Only time will tell, but even if he gives it half of everything he has, he's in the league for 10+.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Who cares about these fukks

The draft sucks

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Pistons are so pathetic.

Everyone offers me their tickets - even suite tickets. No one wants to go. The Palace is half empty every night

paco

Quote Originally Posted by dmtrader View Post
    Pistons are so pathetic.

Everyone offers me their tickets - even suite tickets. No one wants to go. The Palace is half empty every night
    It's a real shame. We use to sell out every freaking game before.

And I say again, this Drunmond kid will be a bust. He was lazy in college and couldn't even avg more than 10 point a game against mediocre ball players. Has no footwork, can't hit ft's, no post up. Just a big motherfuker. Basically just drafted another Hasheem Thabeet lmao

dmtrader

Seems like a lot of national media like the pick

Chad Ford, ESPN.com: "I think this is where the reward starts to outweigh the risk for the Pistons in terms of taking Drummond. And he winds up in a perfect situation in Detroit. The Pistons need a shot-blocker and rebounder in the paint to pair with Greg Monroe. Drummond is a project, but he has as much upside as anyone else in the draft other than Anthony Davis. The question, and it's a real one, is whether he'll reach it."
    Mike Huguenin, Yahoo!Sports: "Drummond is a big-time boom-or-bust guy. He is athletic and a good shot-blocker, but he didn't rebound or score as well as expected in his lone season with UConn, and his consistency and motivation were questioned. Can he and Pistons big man Greg Monroe co-exist? Detroit may regret passing on a perimeter player."
    Seth Sommerfeld, FoxSports.com: "Drummond falling to Detroit was the dream scenario for Motor City basketball fans. Drummond has a downright freakish combination of athleticism and size, and pairing him with a terrific passing big like Greg Monroe can only help his development. There's an argument to be made that Drummond has an even higher ceiling than Anthony Davis. The question with Drummond is his work ethic and motor, but if he starts giving his all, there are going to be lots of GMs answering questions about why they passed on him.
    Royce Young, CbsSports.com: "In terms of a pick in theory, the Pistons nailed it. Greg Monroe a slick power forward playing next to an athletic monster in Drummond. But there are questions with Drummond and he'll have to prove some critics wrong. It's on Drummond now to make this thing work out. A ton of talent to land at No. 9. Grade A."

paco

Actually all 4 above media all question his work ethic. Kid was lazy to begin with, now u throw him a couple million $$, don't really see him improving. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Will just go down as another bad move by Dumars

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

not sold on drummond. makes shaq look like steve kerr at the ft line. he did look pretty happy to go to the pistons tho, maybe it was a good team for him.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If you can't help UConn win the Big East, you definitely can't help the Pistons the Central.

dmtrader

Now what do you think Paco?

Pistons aim to sign 7-foot Ukraine center July 11

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons are negotiating with Vyacheslav Kravtsov, a 7-foot center who played in Ukraine last season. The team hopes to sign him July 11 when the NBA moratorium period ends.
    The team made the announcement Monday in a statement from Joe Dumars, the president of basketball operations.
    Detroit wants to provide post player Greg Monroe with help under the basket. The Pistons selected Connecticut center Andre Drummond with the No. 9 pick in the draft last week and expect to add Kravtsov next week. Kravtsov is regarded as extremely athletic by scouts.

Khan
    Khan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 515

Yes they will 11or 12