Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I really like Cunningham's game. If it wasn't for Nicholson's ability, and his being overlooked, my vote would be for Jared every single day.

Funny seeing people voting for guys out of the lowly Pac-12.
    Pac-12 has produced as many quality NBA players in the past 5-8 years than any other conference. But agreed, Pac-12 has been real down the past 3 years, but there is still talent in the conference.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Pac-12 has produced as many quality NBA players in the past 5-8 years than any other conference. But agreed, Pac-12 has been real down the past 3 years, but there is still talent in the conference.
    I am a PAC-12 tout. Love the conference, know why it is in the shitter, and don't believe the ESPN hype of the last few years.

PAC-12 has just had an insane fusion of talent, and ESPN is now financially tied to the conference, as a result, they will hype the hell out of the conference and talent in it.

PAC wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't decimated by early departures, and transfers to the MWC.

Speedy88

I am a PAC-12 tout. Love the conference, know why it is in the shitter, and don't believe the ESPN hype of the last few years.

PAC-12 has just had an insane fusion of talent, and ESPN is now financially tied to the conference, as a result, they will hype the hell out of the conference and talent in it.

PAC wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't decimated by early departures, and transfers to the MWC.
    That is the main reason why the Pac-12 has been down the past few years. A lot of early departures into the NBA. Just look at all the players who left after their first two years: Kevin Love, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, OJ Mayo, Jrue Holiday, etc.

The league will be back to its normal ways within the next couple years. Scout.com has UCLA and Arizona ranked as the #2 and #3 recruiting classes of 2012. No question that early exits to the NBA has really hurt the conference. If the NBA had a higher age limit to enter the draft, Pac-12 would be one of the best conferences.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

When's the draft start?

ChalkyDog

That is the main reason why the Pac-12 has been down the past few years. A lot of early departures into the NBA. Just look at all the players who left after their first two years: Kevin Love, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, OJ Mayo, Jrue Holiday, etc.

The league will be back to its normal ways within the next couple years. Scout.com has UCLA and Arizona ranked as the #2 and #3 recruiting classes of 2012. No question that early exits to the NBA has really hurt the conference. If the NBA had a higher age limit to enter the draft, Pac-12 would be one of the best conferences.
    The good news is, not too many of those recruiting classes are set to be 1 and done. Arizona expects to retain all players onto 2013. Obviously Shabazz is gone, but Kyle Anderson is still there.

It will be good.

UCLA and Arizona will be fighting for championships here, will remain in the top 25. Cal might be landing some decent talent in Jabari Bird, and Washington is in the drivers seat for Aaron Gordon and is in decent position for Jabari Parker.

It will be fine. As long as UCLA is able to actually keep their players from Transferring to UNLV, etc.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

730 ifold. I agree that nicholson will b a good player as a late first round pick. As a guy who might go late or be a free agent i like henry sims. Guy wasnt really any good til his senior year when he started playing harder. Leonard from illinois is gona b a stiff for years to come.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    730 ifold. I agree that nicholson will b a good player as a late first round pick. As a guy who might go late or be a free agent i like henry sims. Guy wasnt really any good til his senior year when he started playing harder. Leonard from illinois is gona b a still for years to come.
    Think leonard is a bench player, all things being equal, a bust. Guy has Cole Aldrich written all over his game.

Speedy88

The good news is, not too many of those recruiting classes are set to be 1 and done. Arizona expects to retain all players onto 2013. Obviously Shabazz is gone, but Kyle Anderson is still there.

It will be good.

UCLA and Arizona will be fighting for championships here, will remain in the top 25. Cal might be landing some decent talent in Jabari Bird, and Washington is in the drivers seat for Aaron Gordon and is in decent position for Jabari Parker.

It will be fine.
    Pac-12 will be fine. Arizona and UCLA will be back at the top soon, they are big name programs. USC should get back towards the top once their probation is over for the OJ Mayo scandal. Washington has quietly become a strong basketball program in the past decade. I thought Altman would take Oregon in the right direction, but he's had a lot of players decomitt and/or transfer the past year. I still like Altman, and I'm sure with the influx of Nike money into the Oregon program, they'll get some good players in the near future. Their arena is ridiculously nice.

And I sure hope Washington can land either Jabari Bird or Aaron Gordon, I'm a big UW fan.

ChalkyDog

Pac-12 will be fine. Arizona and UCLA will be back at the top soon, they are big name programs. USC should get back towards the top once their probation is over for the OJ Mayo scandal. Washington has quietly become a strong basketball program in the past decade. I thought Altman would take Oregon in the right direction, but he's had a lot of players decomitt and/or transfer the past year.

And I sure hope Washington can land either Jabari Bird or Aaron Gordon, I'm a big UW fan.
    Cal has bird locked up, IMO. You guys should have Gordon locked up, it would be a coup from Arizona to pull him away.

Miller is relentlessly on Gordon though.

I think the only way you lose Gordon, is if you guys have as bad a season as it is looking - especially with zero 2012 class to speak of, and losing both Wroten and Ross. Gaddy I like a lot, and Aziz is strong.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Demar Derozan, Taj Gibson, Daniel Hackett, Nick Young

Speedy88

Cal has bird locked up, IMO. You guys should have Gordon locked up, it would be a coup from Arizona to pull him away.

Miller is relentlessly on Gordon though.

I think the only way you lose Gordon, is if you guys have as bad a season as it is looking - especially with zero 2012 class to speak of, and losing both Wroten and Ross. Gaddy I like a lot, and Aziz is strong.
    I hope so, I don't follow the recruiting process too much anymore. Romar is notorious for losing players to other coaches at the last minute. Happened a couple of years ago with Terrence Jones when he verbally committed to Washington, and then the next day changed his mind and committed to Kentucky. Romar has gotten some good recruits the past decade, but a lot of them were home grown guys who had their mind set on Washington regardless of the coach. I don't put too much hope into Romar, but if we can get Gordon or Bird i'll be very happy.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

The 4th player picked from Kentucky will be a stud in three years. I also like Royce White.

ChalkyDog

I hope so, I don't follow the recruiting process too much anymore. Romar is notorious for losing players to other coaches at the last minute. Happened a couple of years ago with Terrence Jones when he verbally committed to Washington, and then the next day changed his mind and committed to Kentucky. Romar has gotten some good recruits the past decade, but a lot of them were home grown guys who had their mind set on Washington regardless of the coach. I don't put too much hope into Romar, but if we can get Gordon or Bird i'll be very happy.
    That Torrence Jones recruitment made me sick. Watched the announcement live, saw how torn the kid was, but Calipari is a fukkin asshole for pulling that. Unfortunately that is the custom. So many times have coaches called recruits and begged them to reconsider well after the commit to a school. Happened big time with Kaleb Tarcweski and Bill Self.

NYSportsGuy210

Wow the Bobcats were 7-59 this past year....ouch.

.109 winning percentage unreal.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Wow the Bobcats were 7-59 this past year....ouch.

.109 winning percentage unreal.
    Yeah, history setting. The Books couldn't even figure out how bad they were.

It is an absolute tragedy Davis isn't going to the Bobcats, and instead has been gifted to the league owned Hornets.

Stern is the most hated jew since jesus. Rightfully so.

Speedy88

That Torrence Jones recruitment made me sick. Watched the announcement live, saw how torn the kid was, but Calipari is a fukkin asshole for pulling that. Unfortunately that is the custom. So many times have coaches called recruits and begged them to reconsider well after the commit to a school. Happened big time with Kaleb Tarcweski and Bill Self.
    Everyone in Seattle despises Calipari (like most people do). Such a scumbag move to call Terrence Jones minutes after he verbally committed on television to Washington. Not many people know, but Enes Kanter verbally committed to Washington, and likewise he was stolen away by Coach Cal. Obviously it didn't matter because Kanter was ruled ineligable, but could you imagine a team of:

Gaddy
    Isaiah Thomas
    Terrence Ross
    Terrence Jones
    Aziz
    Bryan-Amaning
    Justin Holiday

I think they would have at least made it to the elite 8, possibly the final four.

NYSportsGuy210

Damn Michael Jordan is dating a white woman? Poor GM.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Damn Michael Jordan is dating a white woman? Poor GM.
    He's a very smart man.

ChalkyDog

Everyone in Seattle despises Calipari (like most people do). Such a scumbag move to call Terrence Jones minutes after he verbally committed on television to Washington. Not many people know, but Enes Kanter verbally committed to Washington, and likewise he was stolen away by Coach Cal. Obviously it didn't matter because Kanter was ruled ineligable, but could you imagine a team of:

Gaddy
    Isaiah Thomas
    Terrence Ross
    Terrence Jones
    Aziz
    Bryan-Amaning
    Justin Holiday

I think they would have at least made it to the elite 8, possibly the final four.
    I like Washington conceptually. I am an Arizona homer, so a mild rivalry was started during the Roy v. Hassan Adams game.

That said, Romar is the biggest underachieving coach there is. Even Barnes thinks Romar is bad.

Elite 8 with Romar... that would take a lot of talent.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Is Brandon Paul in the draft?

NYSportsGuy210

Bradley Beal looks like a young Andre Miller.

Speedy88

I like Washington conceptually. I am an Arizona homer, so a mild rivalry was started during the Roy v. Hassan Adams game.

That said, Romar is the biggest underachieving coach there is. Even Barnes thinks Romar is bad.

Elite 8 with Romar... that would take a lot of talent.
    I was at the game where Roy hit the 3-pointer to send it into OT. If I remember right, we lost that game in OT though. UW and AZ had some epic matches when we had Nate Robinson, Brandon Roy, Conroy, and Bobby Jones. At that time, you guys had a hell of a team with Iguodala, Adams, Frye and Salim Stoudamire.

Oh man......the good old days.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I'm wondering who's going to be a NBA bust.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Austin Rivers.

He is Jimmer Freddette 2.0

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Meyers Leonard is a beast

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Meyers Leonard is a lock to benched to D league. Maybe his height saves him from going to the D league.

Beal very possible.

Waiters is very suspect.

Speedy88

Meyers Leonard is a lock to benched to D league. Maybe his height saves him from going to the D league.

Beal very possible.

Waiters is very suspect.
    Meyeres Leonard has "WHITE STIFF" written all over him. The NBA should host a One-on-One tournament of White Centers. I'd love to see Meyers Leanoard go one-on-one with Cole Aldrich.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Chalky I will bet you 1000 points that Meyers Leonard is not a bust.. Care to wager??

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Chalky I will bet you 1000 points that Meyers Leonard is not a bust.. Care to wager??
    No. Bust is too subjective, and no way I engage in a 3-4 year bet.

Sorry bud. I just don't see it. Good to great college player. Wont transition well. Dude is Cole Aldrich part deux.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

terrence ross wow

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    terrence ross wow
    I'm a big TRoss fan, but it sounds like Toronto was looking for a very specific type of player, and Ross fitted that description. Sounds like they wanted an athletic wing who can shoot the ball. I thought he'd get drafted between 12-17.

NYSportsGuy210

Great pick by Golden State. Waiters is also pretty good.....Blazers pick looks like frail garbage.

NYSportsGuy210

Did the ESPN analyst just say Andre Drummond only hits 29% of his free throws?

This big doof looks like a bust.

ChalkyDog

for all you gents who want to be ahead of the game:

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/

Rivers at 10 is happening.

Speedy88

I don't like a backcourt of Rivers and Gordon......

Golden State already experimented with this w/ Curry and Ellis.

First 123 Last